Always wondered about accidents

Jatka Bandi

20 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

That’s so dangerous. Looks like you are a bit lucky.

Vehicle full control la vundalante fuel supply to the engine should not be cut off at any cost….engine shut off ayi gear lock aithe egiri padutav and sometimes you need instant acceleration to keep the vehicle safe on the road. 

Intha dangerous trick tho niku emi kaledu ante you are just lucky…

I know for a fact that he stopped me from speeding. It was a two wheeler for city roads, not a car.

19 hours ago, Sanjiv said:

why do you think auto makers and Law makers don't know what they are doing?

And why do you think your dad who cut off fuel supply at 45 kmph (and endangered your life on a highway) knows better than qualified engineers and scientists from around the world??

I was not claiming that my dad knew everything. I was asking you all to enlighten me on the true reason why govt doesn't do it as part of limiting speeds. If you think you need to get a free pass on the freeway for whatever you are trying to do, then why have speed limits? You are not aware of defensive driving? 

21 hours ago, veerigadu said:

60 speed lo kavuui aaa adhyakshaaa fatal accidents?? It’s all about collision impact and where it happens. 

60 lo kuda avutaayi mama.. kaani barrellaga taagi, overspeed chesi, car lani rockets laga gaalloki egaresi naluguru aidugurini oke sari champi, paisalu visiri bayata tiragadam tappinchochu kada!?

20 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

speed governors are used in some fleet vehicles here, usually limited to 80 mph

commuter cars/bikes ki no company will do it, they won't be in business if they do

But why won't they be in business? Genuinely trying to understand. May be companies won't do it, but in the public safety interest, govts can make them do it, right?

5 minutes ago, Parankusam said:

vammo mari 45 aa.. 

Angrez lo Saleem Fheku taggara vunnadaanikante ghoramaina Chetak bandi vesukuni 80-100 kodutunte, veediki kallem veyyali ani.. 😅

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jatka Bandi said:

But why won't they be in business? Genuinely trying to understand. May be companies won't do it, but in the public safety interest, govts can make them do it, right?

government mandates are different, if it happens people will find a way to crack them just like prohibition 

if a company does it may be few people like you will buy them but most will look elsewhere 

20 minutes ago, Jatka Bandi said:

I know for a fact that he stopped me from speeding. It was a two wheeler for city roads, not a car.

I was not claiming that my dad knew everything. I was asking you all to enlighten me on the true reason why govt doesn't do it as part of limiting speeds. If you think you need to get a free pass on the freeway for whatever you are trying to do, then why have speed limits? You are not aware of defensive driving? 

Almost all public transport vehicles like buses are fitted with speed locking devices and yet we see accidents happening to buses here and then…speeding may kill but not maintaining proper speed may also kill. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Almost all public transport vehicles like buses are fitted with speed locking devices and yet we see accidents happening to buses here and then…speeding may kill but not maintaining proper speed may also kill. 

Ya. Andukane kada. I was talking about limiting top speed, which is the speed limit plus some buffer. Atleast Hyd and Guj lo ayye +40kmph (140s/180s) speeding ni aapochu ani. I hear very rarely a public transport vehicle over speeding and killing people. 

It will not solve much problem locking at 120 kmph , local roads 40 vellali kani 120 velthe anthe sangathi 

Accidents above  speeding of 120 kmph , I don’t think so much , we need data 

15 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

government mandates are different, if it happens people will find a way to crack them just like prohibition 

if a company does it may be few people like you will buy them but most will look elsewhere 

You are talking about a company. I am talking about govt mandating all companies.

14 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

comment sarigga chaduvu

38 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

2 hours ago, Jatka Bandi said:

If Govt mandates, People will work with mechanics to break the speed limit. 

More importantly, it does not excite consumer to buy a vehicle. Ee vehicle ayithe emundi .. anni same speed limit kadaa ani. A lot of companies have to close shop. 

3 hours ago, Jatka Bandi said:

A cursory search on Google resulted in -

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/10/business/speedometers-160-mph/index.html

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-speedometers-gauge-up-to-160-MPH-when-the-max-speed-limit-is-85-mph-in-the-US

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/3nxapl/eli5_why_do_vehicle_speedometers_go_so_high/

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-speedometers-go-so-high-to-140-or-160-11

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+are+car+speedometers+so+high