Bonuses in oil nd gas company

Googlie

Usually how much yearly bonus will employee get? 

one of my friend works for oil and gas company and he said he gets 15% bonus and company multipled this by 1.2 times to 2 times (min and max) every year for last 10 years 

this means his company offered a minimum of 18% and max of 30% of bonus a year every year for last 10 years 

is this true ? Inta bonus vastunda ? I thought bonus is given once in year and what is this 1.2-2 time multipler? 

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

one of my friend works for oil and gas company and he said he gets 15% bonus and company multipled this by 1.2 times to 2 times (min and max) every year for last 10 years 

this means his company offered a minimum of 18% and max of 30% of bonus a year every year for last 10 years 

is this true ? Inta bonus vastunda ? I thought bonus is given once in year and what is this 1.2-2 time multipler? 

15% is the target man, generally oil and gas companies annual bonus is not dependent on the person impact/work performance but the company performance. Based on how company performed that year they get 120% to 200% of bonus target = 1.2*15% of his base or 2*15% of base pay.

34 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

15% is the target man, generally oil and gas companies annual bonus is not dependent on the person impact/work performance but the company performance. Based on how company performed that year they get 120% to 200% of bonus target = 1.2*15% of his base or 2*15% of base pay.

Wow so 1.2*15% to 2*15% bonus is true then 

manf clients ite anta bonus ivvavu kada, they mostly give 7-9% bonus a year 

it’s surprising to know companies give around 30% bonus a year 

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

But valla base pay thakkuva untadi comapred to tech companies 

41 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

Base pay for h1b ante min lca wage right?

So it’s usually 110-120k for level 3 and 4 right ? 

banks also give 1.5x to 2x of bonus if you get good rating

friend ki 25% of pay bonus yearly, last year lo he got 150% of bonus ante 37.5% of pay as bonus , bonanza kottadu

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

Lets say i fall in 20% bonus bracket and my base salary is 200k. Every year they give us a Target bonus sheet based on results. 

If everything is fine, they announce 100% bonus. Which means i get 20% of 200k which is 40k.

If results are blockbuster and they announce 190% of bonus. I will get 38% bonus which is 76k.

If results are not good, they announce 50% of bonus. I will get 20k bonus.

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

Oil companies have been making a lot of profits in recent years. These numbers seem correct. Lie sciences companies are similar. Most years you get more than 100% bonus.

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

Oil and gas industry is a very profitable business, hence employees who work there get good bonus and some even pay pensions like Chevron . My Aunty worked there for whole career > 20 years and retired, she gets more than 50% of her last drawn salary as pension.

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

Base pay for h1b ante min lca wage right?

So it’s usually 110-120k for level 3 and 4 right ? 

110-120k as base long gone man, 140k is what I am hearing as a standard for many.

9 hours ago, Galactus said:

banks also give 1.5x to 2x of bonus if you get good rating

friend ki 25% of pay bonus yearly, last year lo he got 150% of bonus ante 37.5% of pay as bonus , bonanza kottadu

But for oil companies, it’s purely based on company performance, you can get 2X even you are a mediocre. I love that. enduku antha kastapadadam and unnecessary rapture with colleagues and no time for family. Just give the best and reap the full rewards. 

6 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

But for oil companies, it’s purely based on company performance, you can get 2X even you are a mediocre. I love that. enduku antha kastapadadam and unnecessary rapture with colleagues and no time for family. Just give the best and reap the full rewards. 

bro if you have positions that you know.. can you let me know will apply there 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

pay emo kani , it has its own buisness vayya and very complicated to understand too. Okavela ardam aina we cannot use it else where as there are few oil and gas companies ...lol