Certificate of Deposit Scams by Banks

Konebhar6

22 minutes ago, surfroshan said:

yep lawyer gadu readyga untadu mingadaniki more than you

I have taken law option in my office and it’s without fees for me. But still it’s a big hassle. 

BTW after a long time I am seeing u here. Alternative IDs aa?

1 minute ago, Konebhar6 said:

I have taken law option in my office and it’s without fees for me. But still it’s a big hassle. 

BTW after a long time I am seeing u here. Alternative IDs aa?

ee bokkalo websiteki alternate ids aa okka id ne ekkuva was in vacation bud

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

To all those who have taken advantage of the high interest rates and took CD's, read below.

Upon maturity (say i took a 6month CD), the bank gave me a 10 day notice period to cancel CD otherwise it would auto-renew. I let it auto renew.

Today when I checked, it renewed at an interest rate of 0.05% and not at the 5%. When I called them, they say its the monthly rate and it would auto-renew at this rate.

Banks are taking advantage and they did not disclose this new interest rate in the letter they sent me. They only mentioned auto renew. 

complaint to the relevant authorities. Attorney General tho modalu pettu.

3 minutes ago, Jatka Bandi said:

complaint to the relevant authorities. Attorney General tho modalu pettu.

Avanni workout avvavu. Valla fine print lo avanni covered untai. Simple ga CD cancel without penalty, close account and locker from them.

luckily it’s not a big amount to worry about getting locked. 

2 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Avanni workout avvavu. Valla fine print lo avanni covered untai. Simple ga CD cancel without penalty, close account and locker from them.

luckily it’s not a big amount to worry about getting locked. 

oka ten years back anukunta.. there was some consumer friendly movement about these terms and conditions to be summarized and not made into fine print. Em ayyindo adi!

1 minute ago, Jatka Bandi said:

oka ten years back anukunta.. there was some consumer friendly movement about these terms and conditions to be summarized and not made into fine print. Em ayyindo adi!

Umm no idea. I was seriously upset today with the bank. It’s unacceptable. I will take my business elsewhere. I will add a review for them with my experiences 

Unfortunately they are the only bank locally (that too 20 miles) with a locker available to keep jewelry. Indians unna places, it’s tough to get a locker.

Umm no idea. I was seriously upset today with the bank. It’s unacceptable. I will take my business elsewhere. I will add a review for them with my experiences 

Complain ivvadaniki lite annodivi.. vaadiki feedback anta. I have extreme irritation with Chase. I hope they would collapse. Crucial time lo naa money ki access naake ivvaledu multiple times. 

Unfortunately they are the only bank locally (that too 20 miles) with a locker available to keep jewelry. Indians unna places, it’s tough to get a locker.

entha venakesav enti? Daani kante intlone ditch chesi pettuko. Vaallu tovve lopala police lu vachestaaru. :P 

3 minutes ago, Jatka Bandi said:

Complain ivvadaniki lite annodivi.. vaadiki feedback anta. I have extreme irritation with Chase. I hope they would collapse. Crucial time lo naa money ki access naake ivvaledu multiple times. 

Baddakam anuko. Plus it’s tough to win against these big banks. I will lose my sanity.

chase is horrible too. Few yrs back in 2012 I opened a CD with them for 15k for 1 or 2 yrs I don’t remember. I was getting 300$ after maturity and if I cancel anytime in between it would cost me $450. Too much. They did not tell this before

5 minutes ago, Jatka Bandi said:

entha venakesav enti? Daani kante intlone ditch chesi pettuko. Vaallu tovve lopala police lu vachestaaru. :P 

I hate jewelry. But Pelli ayyaka tappadu kadaa. Bane tagalesanu daniki. But luckily 10 yrs back. Cheap ga ayipoyindi

18 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Baddakam anuko. Plus it’s tough to win against these big banks. I will lose my sanity.

chase is horrible too. Few yrs back in 2012 I opened a CD with them for 15k for 1 or 2 yrs I don’t remember. I was getting 300$ after maturity and if I cancel anytime in between it would cost me $450. Too much. They did not tell this before

It is not always about winning. It is many times about just raising a voice.

ee interest rates pakkana pettu. When I needed money the most, they blocked my online banking under "fraud protection". I went to the bank. Another time account to account transfer was taking 3 business days; I could not wait and I wanted to withdraw money and deposit in another bank. There were other experiences too. In all these cases, they hustle all the private information from you. Example, they want you to possess debit card for sure to withdraw funds or make a transaction. If debit card is so freaking sole important document, why would they take copy of passport, SSN, driver's license, email addresses, and phone numbers but not accept any multiple combination of those government issued identities as a form of proof? Debit card can be stolen as well! I do not carry a debit card of high fund balance account. Even when I have a debit card and insert the PIN, they want two additional identity proofs and mandatorily another financial institutions card (for high transactions whose definition is unclear outside their claim). What business do they have to ask for banking card of another financial institution? Even if they ask, we can kind of accommodate but they need to take a copy of the front and back of that card and upload it into their systems. Why? When you ask for a report of all the information they have about you, they claim it to be proprietary!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pichhipullayya said:

Anna Fidelity howwwwwwwwwwwww?

SPAXX ani money market fund. It’s basically like savings account that gives monthly 5+% div.

account is FDIC insured upto 250k