POE at US . Passport validity date

jaathiratnalu2

Passport validity date is less than 6 months , which is around  5 months 2 days at the time POE at US ( Indian citizen)

is that  going to be any issue at boarding in india  with American Airlines / POE at US

please suggest 

6 minutes ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

Passport validity date is less than 6 months , which is around  5 months 2 days at the time POE at US ( Indian citizen)

is that  going to be any issue at boarding in india  with American Airlines / POE at US

please suggest 

Get tatkal passport renewal in 2-3 days bro 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

please suggest 

No issue...you can enter with less than 1 month also

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

please suggest 

you are good to travel to US

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2022-Mar/Six-Month Passport Validity Update 20220316.pdf

only thing is your i94 may be limited to the date of passport expiry ...

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tyrion123 said:

you are good to travel to US

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2022-Mar/Six-Month Passport Validity Update 20220316.pdf

only thing is your i94 may be limited to the date of passport expiry ...

I hope this I 94 does not have any issue  having visa validity 2026 sep , 

20 minutes ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

No issues while entry into US at POE

Only issue is, though your i-797 has validity till 2026 and or you got i-94 tilll 2026 with extension approval, at the time of physical entry/re-entey at POE officer check passport expiration date and the latest approved i797 and give new i-94 date and give passport exp date i94 validity period, that's means for another 5 months. 

Within the next 5 months in US you'll have to renew your passport and then go to the nearest cbp office/post and get i94 extended or cross Canada or Mexico  border by road and come back or file a COS, an amendment kind of petition to get i94 extended thru USCIS again, some 500 bucks plus attorney ki paisal 

Will share big discussion blog on this shortly bro

But don't worry everything will be sorted out 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

No issues while entry into US at POE

Only issue is, though your i-797 has validity till 2026 and or you got i-94 tilll 2026 with extension approval, at the time of physical entry/re-entey at POE officer check passport expiration date and the latest approved i797 and give new i-94 date and give passport exp date i94 validity period, that's means for another 5 months. 

Within the next 5 months in US you'll have to renew your passport and then go to the nearest cbp office/post and get i94 extended or cross Canada or Mexico  border by road and come back or file a COS, an amendment kind of petition to get i94 extended thru USCIS again, some 500 bucks plus attorney ki paisal 

Will share big discussion blog on this shortly bro

But don't worry everything will be sorted out 

yeah this idea is best ...

1. enter .. 2. get passport extension .. 3. then visit SENTRI center of CBP office at international airport ...

• Thanks 1

Just now, tyrion123 said:

yeah this idea is best ...

1. enter .. 2. get passport extension .. 3. then visit SENTRI center of CBP office at international airport ...

or if u want peace of mind ...

get new passport in tatkal in india ...

• Upvote 1

As far as I remember u need more than 6 months validity .. Leda flight board cheyanivvaru

https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/faq-s-on-passport/#:~:text=It is valid for 10,not travel on this passport.

I am Indian Passport holder and my passport has less than 6 months validity, Can I travel with this passport ?

A:For any international travel Passport must by valid for minimum 6 months, so you can not travel on this passport.

1 hour ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

Travel should not be an issue with 5 months validity on passport. And your I-94 will be given only upto expiry of your passport, it won't be until 2026 even though you have H1B visa.

Note: Either get a tatkal pp or get ready to step out of US (may be plan a trip abroad after passport renewal) to extend your I-94 after it expires in 5 months

• Thanks 1