When did you realize that caste groups existed?

Iriswest

49 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

That’s good to know. Mostly andaru ee chetta gola MS ki vacchinappude chusaru. Abbailake anukuntaremo ee feeling, ammaila caste feeling vere level.

+100 vammo adhi inko level le...almost bordering on stupidity and utter foolishness..

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

That’s good to know. Mostly andaru ee chetta gola MS ki vacchinappude chusaru. Abbailake anukuntaremo ee feeling, ammaila caste feeling vere level.

General ga ammayilu kastha better abbayila tho polisthe

• Confused 1

if you are from  telangana... caste tho pilustharu vallani kani ilanti favors undavu freiends andharu different acste valle untaru ... after coming to us i too came to know abt caste feeling ...but that is past now ...luckily maa office lo small group caste group unlces unna never get chance for them ... prathi okariki oka project echesaru ma pani memu cheskuntamu 

1 hour ago, Iriswest said:

Caste never played a role in choosing my friends. I did not know how many castes are there until I passed 10th. Inter lo I found out what is domination and groupism in Vijayawada but I still had many good friends who weren’t in those groups. I had christian and hindu friends and lot of muslim neighbors. It wrecks my heart that I first felt alienated when I came to US. Desam kaani desam vacchi caste ani sacchipotarenduku? Asalu nenu vacchina India nunche vacchara veellu ane feeling vacchindi.

That means you are upper caste or oppressive caste. An oppressed caste like dalit or bc cannot avoid being humiliated based on caste. Ofcourse in some urban areas you can be any caste and not notice but that maybe less than 1 percent of indian  population.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

For me a different experience may be I am lucky chala mandhi caste feeling caste  feeling untadi ani cheparu konni communities from vijaywada like kamma,  nellore reddies etc personally they helped me so much in career in first job, even now  , few days I had financial hard ship apudu,  ipudu kuda any time difficulty undi ani ante first kamma friends e help chestaru 

They might have internal feeling flow luv for balyya cbn etc etc but personally for me and my wife we are so lucky to have vijaywada kamma , godavari Jilla kaapu friends,  it doesn't mean other fiedns are not helping and or not nice but may be generalization correct kaadu emo ani feeling 

lol... good friends man ....

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

That means you are upper caste or oppressive caste. An oppressed caste like dalit or bc cannot avoid being humiliated based on caste. Ofcourse in some urban areas you can be any caste and not notice but that maybe less than 1 percent of indian  population.

This happened in vjwada. A bunch of us friends were going somewhere together for outing. The group was mixed some of the local girls joined us.. and friends were asking castes among themselves so based on that they wanted to pick the hotel (veg or non veg). We were very young obviously...ignorance valla  we  didn't know it was right or wrong to ask which caste a person belonged to. So one of the girls was not telling her caste, the other girls forced her ..eh cheppu ani. Then she wrote it in a paper secretly and passed it to us. When I read that she was SC.. I felt very very bad why was she was so shy to tell it out loud ..what's wrong in telling ani adgite.... She said her parents told her not tell her caste outside ani. That incident really made me realise how gross the discrimination was. 

• Sad 6

caste is phasing out in younger gneeration who born after 95 or so  for sure.. these older people born before 95  including me need to leave it ... but batta potta uncles wont leave because of existence

1 hour ago, Iriswest said:

Caste never played a role in choosing my friends. I did not know how many castes are there until I passed 10th. Inter lo I found out what is domination and groupism in Vijayawada but I still had many good friends who weren’t in those groups. I had christian and hindu friends and lot of muslim neighbors. It wrecks my heart that I first felt alienated when I came to US. Desam kaani desam vacchi caste ani sacchipotarenduku? Asalu nenu vacchina India nunche vacchara veellu ane feeling vacchindi.

idi koncham over annattu. nee chuttu giri geesukoni vere evarithonu ikkada kalavakunda ila fix ayipothe elaga. Caste Groups nenu Brahmins lo ekkuva ga choosa, Vysyas lo choosa, Reddies lo choosa. ink kapus lo kammas lo kuda choosa. But very minimal to impact others. 

telugu sametha untadi. jaundice vochinodiki lokamantha pachcha gaane kanabaduddi ani. 😁

2 minutes ago, Ellen said:

This happened in vjwada. A bunch of us friends were going somewhere together for outing. The group was mixed some of the local girls joined us.. and friends were asking castes among themselves so based on that they wanted to pick the hotel (veg or non veg). We were very young obviously...ignorance valla  we  didn't know it was right or wrong to ask which caste a person belonged to. So one of the girls was not telling her caste, the other girls forced her ..eh cheppu ani. Then she wrote it in a paper secretly and passed it to us. When I read that she was SC.. I felt very very bad why was she was so shy to tell it out loud ..what's wrong in telling ani adgite.... She said her parents told her not tell her caste outside ani. That incident really made me realise how gross the discrimination was. 

Naaku Engg 2nd yr varaki castes gurinchi clarity ledu and i nevered bothered...

oka jr vala classmate ante full ishtam...she also likes him kaani kudaradu ani chepindi anta....reason enti ante “Anna vaalu Kamma’s anna vere vaalani pelli cheskoru kada annadu” 

Kamma’s aa ante enti anna...vaadu assalu entha prashna vesay annatu buildup icchadu CBN,NTR all cinema heros ade caste neeku telida anna annadu...

Hyd lo cafe kurchoni tea taggama, frnds tho chill iynama varake eppudu evvadu caste boost ani matladkoledu..

U.S ochaka Caste pichholani, karrudu kattina castists ni chusi thuuu anpichindi

2 minutes ago, afdbowner said:

Naaku Engg 2nd yr varaki castes gurinchi clarity ledu and i nevered bothered...

oka jr vala classmate ante full ishtam...she also likes him kaani kudaradu ani chepindi anta....reason enti ante “Anna vaalu Kamma’s anna vere vaalani pelli cheskoru kada annadu” 

Kamma’s aa ante enti anna...vaadu assalu entha prashna vesay annatu buildup icchadu CBN,NTR all cinema heros ade caste neeku telida anna annadu...

Hyd lo cafe kurchoni tea taggama, frnds tho chill iynama varake eppudu evvadu caste boost ani matladkoledu..

U.S ochaka Caste pichholani, karrudu kattina castists ni chusi thuuu anpichindi

Ya Naku kuda aah side poyedaka ee range gabbu undi ani erpadale. That fest thing showed me some of the ugliest caste war stories....

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

MS lo. 

Reddy only reddy ki assistantships ki recommend cheyadam.

Kamma only kamma ki recommend cheyadam.

ISA president only kamma eligible avvadam.

Seniors caste adagadam for allowing as roommate.

Fuses out.  Hyd lo evaru nannu caste enti ani adagale and i didnt knew caste groups even exist.

Same MS, oka vijayawada ammayi asked ma friend ni manolla ani, vaadu replied maavodu...

Apparently we are friends for 15years, apudu trigger ayindi intha pichollu unnara ani

15 minutes ago, argadorn said:

caste is phasing out in younger gneeration who born after 95 or so  for sure.. these older people born before 95  including me need to leave it ... but batta potta uncles wont leave because of existence

Very hard to say. Indian govt is the biggest enabler of caste. so even if telugu peopel make progress it they will have to battle it there.

2 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Ya Naku kuda aah side poyedaka ee range gabbu undi ani erpadale. That fest thing showed me some of the ugliest caste war stories....

neeku telisindi thakkuva anukunta. kops burned kammas villages during Rangas murder in 1987 to 88. Hundreds died during that burning rampage. history is cruel. That time only Kammas started uniting. SCs ni veli vesi valla ni anagadokkindi Reddies and Brahmins mainly. Anduke vallu united and keep on benefitting reservation and does not care development or progress. So much facts you need to know. just for eg. google tsundur massacre. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I am a kshatriya and it is an upper caste. My parents never told me about caste. That is acquired knowledge for me. Koncham desa bhakti ekkuva ma intlo. Anduke ilanti chillar topics eppudu raale. My dad used to work in ITC which was another melting pot. All my dad’s friends are bengalis, marathis and north indians. Even telugu friends from different communities. I never got a hint of casteism in my childhood.