When did you realize that caste groups existed?

Iriswest

I can beleive that reddy/kams/raju/cop did not know about caste until inter/college etc. Kaani baapanollocchi maaku thelvad ante very hard to believe with their vegetarianism and jandhyal gatra.

18 minutes ago, Ellen said:

It just felt ironical that u called the entire state with a derogatory name because of some two or three people and yet u r complaining about regionalism ani. TG people have a lot of inferiority complex induke. They are looked down upon like some third rate citizens by everyone. 

Chinna dora ki competition istunav ga ee type  statements tho. Chinna dora maa kcr sir Andhra vallani eppudu Ami analedhu anadu 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dhimputha said:

I’m not from TG but they are the best people when it comes to telugus, honest !!! andhra fellows are worst and I don’t care what people have to say to my statement that is fact! 

Did you interact with anyone from uttarandhra? East/west godavari? Nellore? I find them ok. Not a lot of caste feeling. Rajula/ kapula caste feeling slight ga untundi but not as bad as Krishna/Guntur. Seema idea ledhu

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ellen said:

It just felt ironical that u called the entire state with a derogatory name because of some two or three people and yet u r complaining about regionalism ani. TG people have a lot of inferiority complex induke. They are looked down upon like some third rate citizens by everyone. 

I understand about the inferiority complex. They are looked down upon like a third rate citizen by everyone? Why would the whole world look down upon on all people from a particular region? You mentioned the same thing in the other thread. Bascially, you got that in your head that everyone is looking down upon you. You need to come out of that and face the world confidently. Like how people mock the Gntr/Vijawada here (Btw, I am not from that region), people from other region also have been mocked due their traits. North Andhra people have been mocked. Thugo/Pago have been ridiculed. Same applied to Seema people. No one is special. Every person from one region will mock the peron of different region. Thats how it works in India. Telugus mock Tamilians. They call us Gultes. Northies call us Madrasis. No one plays the victim card as good as you play.

53 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Chinnappati nunchi telusu. Really shock matram Inter lo. Maa lowercaste friend ni emotional torture chesaru roommates. When she was not present real intentions bayatapettaru. Lower caste ni character tho equate chesaru. Tanu room maarindi. Aa PoS roommates tho inkonni months nenu padi Nenu same room ki maaraanu. Akkademo telangana santha. Caste feeling ledhu kaani area feeling. Same friend uttarandhra lo village. Aa kotha room lo telangana side oka village nunchi ammayi. Regional feelings tho choicest words tho bhoothulu tittukunevaru. Naa friend Inko room maarindi. Aa room lo they were mix of all people of all castes/ regions. Finally she was happy. 
 Inka btech ayithe caste groups/ caste gola. I had friends from all castes upper to lower. But Naa laanti vallu chala takkuva. Ammayi kabatti bathikipoya. Abbayillo ala undevallani arey enduku raa vallatho tiriguthunnav anukuntu godavalu padi kottukoni hopistals lo admit ayinavallu kooda unnaru. But final year ki vachesariki konchem liberal ga undi caste gola lo irukkunna vallu andaritho kalisipoyaru. Karadu gattina caste vaadulu matram still valla groups thone tirige vaaru.

Never faced caste issues in USA. Probably because I did not live in big cities. St Louis lo em caste gola untundi Naa bondha. Adhi kaaka maa office lo antha gola kooda undadhu

@TOM_BHAYYA edhi vinara St. Louis caste feeling undavu anta ... btw nenu chadhuvindhi Atu side ye 

1 minute ago, Somedude said:

I understand about the inferiority complex. They are looked down upon like a third rate citizen by everyone? Why would the whole world look down upon on all people from a particular region? You mentioned the same thing in the other thread. Bascially, you got that in your head that everyone is looking down upon you. You need to come out of that and face the world confidently. Like how people mock the Gntr/Vijawada here (Btw, I am not from that region), other region people also have been mocked due their traits. North Andhra people have been mocked. Thugo/Pago have been ridiculed. Same applied to Seema people. No one is special. Every person from one region will mock the peron of different region. Thats how it works in India. Telugus mock Tamilians. They call us Gultes. Northies call us Madrasis. No one plays the victim card as good as you play.

yes this symptom exists everywhere with education slowly it will change  generalizing is the major issue 

1 minute ago, Rushabhi said:

Did you interact with anyone from uttarandhra? East/west godavari? Nellore? I find them ok. Not a lot of caste feeling. Rajula/ kapula caste feeling slight ga untundi but not as bad as Krishna/Guntur. Seema idea ledhu

Ledhu, I honestly don’t know if I ever interacted with them as I never bother to ask people where they r from. Im from seema if u r talking abt rayalseema, seema ppl also not so honest as far as I know, seema pogaru something they say.. nenu chusina andhra people(frnds circle, frnds and people I know in general) are selfish, cunning, jealous and jaali lantivi avathala valla meeda chupincharu... 

2 hours ago, Satakarni_bali said:

Same MS, oka vijayawada ammayi asked ma friend ni manolla ani, vaadu replied maavodu...

Apparently we are friends for 15years, apudu trigger ayindi intha pichollu unnara ani

Haha yeah i felt same silent_I1

30 minutes ago, Somedude said:

True. I faced the ones from Warangal. Horrible. Aa regional feeling okati aithe, room mates perlu meedha loans, credit cards and etc theesukoni chekkesaru. Room mates ki banks letters pampotollu.

Dongalu antavu Telangana Warangal vallani lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Somedude said:

True. I faced the ones from Warangal. Horrible. Aa regional feeling okati aithe, room mates perlu meedha loans, credit cards and etc theesukoni chekkesaru. Room mates ki banks letters pampotollu.

TG ani chepthe Guntur lo room evvam annaru btech lo ... memu evarki cheppukovali 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, argadorn said:

Dongalu antavu Telangana Warangal vallani lol

No no. I didn't mean to say all Warangal people are like that. Just mentioned where they are from. My close friend during the Engg days was from Warangal (His family moved to Khammam later). Later I met a girl from Warangal. Extemtly sweet and nice girl. We have been close for many years. Only problem she is too emotional and cringy at times.

2 hours ago, sunnam said:

neeku telisindi thakkuva anukunta. kops burned kammas villages during Rangas murder in 1987 to 88. Hundreds died during that burning rampage. history is cruel. That time only Kammas started uniting. SCs ni veli vesi valla ni anagadokkindi Reddies and Brahmins mainly. Anduke vallu united and keep on benefitting reservation and does not care development or progress. So much facts you need to know. just for eg. google tsundur massacre. 

Abbo what about Karamchedu, padirikuppam and Neerukonda massacre by Kammas? Stop patronizing kammas or nay other caste . All the castes are worse scum be it Brahmin, Kaapu, Raju or any konkiska caste. Idhe thread lo Brahmins or Kaapu or Rajus worst anunte you wouldn't have spoken. My best friends and a few awesome ppl i know are Kammas and they have never made me feel insecure coz i'm not one. The worst caste fanatics i have come across are also Kams . I dont want to blame everything on them . 

9 minutes ago, Somedude said:

I understand about the inferiority complex. They are looked down upon like a third rate citizen by everyone? Why would the whole world look down upon on all people from a particular region? You mentioned the same thing in the other thread. Bascially, you got that in your head that everyone is looking down upon you. You need to come out of that and face the world confidently. Like how people mock the Gntr/Vijawada here (Btw, I am not from that region), people from other region also have been mocked due their traits. North Andhra people have been mocked. Thugo/Pago have been ridiculed. Same applied to Seema people. No one is special. Every person from one region will mock the peron of different region. Thats how it works in India. Telugus mock Tamilians. They call us Gultes. Northies call us Madrasis. No one plays the victim card as good as you play.

Everyone ante within our linguistic group. Not the world. Na jeevitham lo nen intla matlade dialect ennadu baytollatoni comfortable ga matladaledu. Thanks to my dad's reading pichi, I used to read a lot Telugu books so I could easily cover up my accent.  Hell I din even dress up to my like when I moved to Hyderabad from my native place. Mastu vekkirinchetollu Mee tg Ollu itla atla ani. Asal mem matladedi bhashane kaadu ..tinedi tindi kaadu... Undevi uurlu kaadu anetollu. I never felt comfortable to be original myself until 2014. Evaru adgina maa uuru hyderbad ani cheptunde... Ijjat teeestaremo ani bhayapadi. I come from an upper caste upper middle class family. Naaake gintha namoshi aite... Iga verolla sangati em cheppumantav?

• Upvote 1