My stories collection

manjunath455

Birbal was a minister in the court of Akbar. Birbal, apart from his sharp intellect, was also a devotee of Sri Rama. Akbar had a special regard for Birbal. Akbar used to openly ask Birbal to clarify his impulsive - and very often strange doubts. Birbal never failed to give an immediate and a fitting reply to such questions. Wherever Akbar went, he used to take Birbal along with him. During one such instance, when they travelled for some official purpose, they had to take a route through a dense forest. In the course of the journey, both were totally exhausted and famished. So they decided to rest under the shade of a tree for a while before continuing their journey. Since Akbar was very hungry, he wanted to look around the place to see if he can find a house to get some food. He induced Birbal to follow suit. But Birbal who was in the midst of Rama Nama Japam (Repetition of Rama Nama), turned down Akbar's request.
Akbar looked at Birbal.

'Mere chanting of the names of the Lord would not fetch you food. You have to put in your efforts.... You cannot achieve anything without self effort...'

Akbar left Birbal in the pursuit of pacifying his belly. In a little while he spotted a house. The inmates of the house were overjoyed to see their King coming to their very doorstep for food. They treated him to the best of their capacity. Akbar finished his meal and took a little food for Birbal too and left the house to meet Birbal. He met Birbal and gave him the food.

'See Birbal, I told you... I took some efforts for the food and I got it. You were just sitting and chanting Rama Nama , and you did not get any food.'

Birbal ignored his scoffing and partook the food given by Akbar. After he finished the meal, he looked up at Akbar and said,

'I have just now experienced the power of Rama nama, like never before.You are the ruler of the land. But today even the King had to beg for food. But you look at me. I was just chanting Rama Nama here and the Rama Nama made the king himself to get me food, that too by begging. So I got the food, just by sitting here and chanting Rama nama without any other special efforts. Such is the power of Rama Nama!!'

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manjunath455

• psycopk

• The QUEEN

• sittiman

Control of Anger
"There is no act that an angry man may not no word that an angry man may not utter. The angry man may insult his superiors with harsh words. The wise control their anger. The honest and forgiving man is ever victorious".

"They that are good remember only the good deeds of their foes, and not the evil unkind acts their foes might have done unto them. The good besides do good unto others without expectation of any good in return".

Ramachandra, living in exile, heard far off in the forest the noise of an armytramping along. "O Lakshmana", he cried, "climb up that tall tree, and see who comes".

Lakshmana climbed up, and saw that his younger brother was coming with a great crowd, and he angrily called out that Bharata was coming to killthem, and, quickly climbing down again, he told Rama that they must prepare for battle. "Nay, nay", said
Ramachandra smiling, "our brother comes for no harm. If i say to him, Give your
kingdom to Lakshmana,' he will at once say "yes". Then the anger of Lakshmana died down, and he met his brother tenderly,and all was peace.

One day Bhima, who was a very hot-tempered man, grew furiously angry with his elder brother and said: "You lost us our kingdom by your gaming, robbed us of our riches, brought us to exile; and now, just that you may have credit for keeping a promise given to gamblers, you play the coward and desert your dutyas a Kshattriya, and will not fight. A nice elder brother you are".

Yudhishthira was very much grieved, and for a few minutes he would not speak,for fear he should answer angrily. Then he spoke to Bhima very gently, saying:

"O Bhima, dear brother, you are quite right; all the misfortunes are my fault.So I cannot blame you for being angry. Still, forgive me, and do not
speak unkindly. I must not break my promise, even to please you. Only wait a little,and better days will come." Then Bhima was ashamed and touched his brother's feel, and there was no quarrel.

[quote author=psycopk link=topic=155066.msg1845016#msg1845016 date=1297728298]
A long time ago, there were two swamis who lived in two neighboring caves. They spent most of their time in deep meditation, except the time they ate or were visited by devotees.
The people who came to visit them revered the two swamis, and enjoyed listening to them and being in their proximity. They sought their company, since they always felt more peaceful and happy when near them, and also for a long time after they went away.
One cave was dark, as caves usually are, but in the other one there was sometimes a peculiar golden light illuminating the cave. It was not strong, but enough to be noticed and to mildly illuminate the cave.
The phenomenon of the light bewildered the visitors, but they could not come to an agreement about the causes of the light. Both swamis were rather silent most of the time, and did not want to discuss the phenomenon of the light.
The company of the swamis aroused calmness and peace in the visitors. Their minds slowed their incessant chatter, and they experienced a pleasant inner peace and inner happiness.
The visitors admired both swamis, but believed that the one living in the illuminated cave possessed supernatural powers and was more advanced. He certainly appeared to them as a mysterious person.
One day a great sage was passing by a near village, and being recognized by the villagers, one of them approached him and said:
"Great master, we have a question to ask. There is a mystery which you might solve for us."
Yes, great master, that is true. It is something that has been a riddle for us. Can you please tell us also, if the swami in the lighted cave is more advanced, and if he really possess supernatural powers?"

"Pay attention to your inner self and not to outer phenomena. The outside world always changes, but inner self is constant. When in the presence of a teacher, listen to what he says and be aware of the influence of his words on you. Watch yourself, and see whether under his influence you become calmer and more peaceful, and your thoughts, at least for a while, slow down their mad race."

"Yes most revered master", said one of the devotees, "but please enlightens us on the mysterious light."

The sage sat down, and started to explain: "Sometimes, when one works intensively on the spiritual path, and concentrates and meditates a lot, various phenomena may occur around him, such as lights, sounds or visions. This is not supernatural. The mind has a creative power, and when concentrated, can produce various phenomena even unintentionally."

"It does not mean that one is more advanced than the other. Not all minds produce these things. Some do, and some don't."

"Some of the people who produce these lights may be aware of the light, and some may not. It depends on their psychic sensitivity. So it is also with the people who watch them. Not all see this light. In any case, it has nothing to do with whether one swami is more advanced or less advanced than the other one."

"Thank you great master, you have solved for us this great mystery", exclaimed the devotees of the swamis, who were standing by, deeply relieved and happy to understand the mystery that has been troubling them for a long time
"I will be glad to help you, if I can", answered the sage.
"There are two swamis living here on the hill...", the villager started to recount.
"Yes, I know", answered the sage, "and you inquire about the light in the cave."
[/quote]
*=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: psyco you rock you rock

Naraharisonar
Naraharisonar, an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva, lived in Pandaripuram. Though living in Pandaripuram he had never once visited Pandarinathan's temple. He held the principle of not to look at any god but Lord Shiva. However, the chant of Lord Hari's names always echoed throughout Pandaripuram. Naraharisonar had tied two bells to his ears to avoid the chant falling in his ears. The moment he learnt of anyone chanting "Hari" he would ring the two bells tied to his ears and thus ensured that the name of Lord Hari did not fall in his ears.

In this Pandaripuram there was a dilapidated Shiva temple. Daily he would go there and conduct abishekha, pooja and offer naivedya. He felt saddened that none in this Pandaripuram bothered about his Lord Shiva. Seeing the dilapidated state of the temple he used to weep out of grief.

Naraharisonar was a very smart goldsmith. Once a very rich man who was childless vowed to offer a gold kavacha to Lord Panduranga if he were to be blessed with a child. As his prayer was answered, to fulfil the vow he had taken, he looked out for a goldsmith who could make the best kavacha. As everyone recommended Naraharisonar he approached him for this purpose
But, Naraharisonar bluntly refused to make the jewel for Lord Panduranga who was none other than Lord Vishnu. The rich man, however, pleaded with Naraharisonar,"You need not enter the temple. I shall bring the measurement for the jewel. You can make it accordingly. If you would make this jewel I shall renovate the Shiva temple and conduct its kumbabishekha." Just on this condition Naraharisonar agreed to make the jewel. He made the jewel to the exact measurement provided, but when it was offered to Lord Panduranga it turned out to be very small. The measurement was taken once again and the jewel remade and offered. And this time it turned out to be too big. The temple priests then declared that the goldsmith himself should come and take the measurement for the jewel.

Naraharisonar stubbornly refused to enter the temple premises. But then he was somehow pacified by the others. He said,"whatever happens my feet should not touch the temple ground. Never will I look at Panduranga with these eyes". Blindfolding him,two persons carried him upto Panduranga in a dholi (palanquin). It was then decided that he should take the measurement for the jewel by feeling Panduranga with his hands. When at first he touched Panduranga's head he felt the matted hair, the flow of the Ganga and the crescent moon. "Aha", he said,"isn't this Lord Shiva whom I worship?" He quickly untied the cloth. But the great Magician Panduranga stood there with his two hands held at the waist and and an enchanting smile playing on his lips. Naraharisonar quickly tied up the cloth to his eyes and touched the chest only to feel the rudraksha and the garland of skeletons. He once again untied the cloth only to see Panduranga.

As this occurred over and over again the knowledge dawned on Naraharisonar that it was only Lord Hari Himself who was present in everything.

Senayee, a devotee of Lord Vittal, lived near Pandarpur. He was deeply devoted to Lord Panduranga (Vittal) of Pandarpur. Born in the community of barbers, Senayee had installed beautiful idols of Sri Panduranga and his consort Sri Rukmini in his home and routinely performed Bhajans. He used to conduct "Akhanda Naama sankeerthanam" (Bhajan conducted all day long) frequently in the company of other devotees.

Maharastra, was then ruled by a Muslim King. The King was in need of a good barber. It was a much coveted post as it had a string of benefits like a comfortable house, that too with all the household expenses borne by the king. Since the barber who attends to the King should not practice elsewhere for others, the work load also gets considerably reduced. It was just required of barber to attend to the King once in the morning. So the entire barber community was vying for this lucrative post.
However, without anybody's recommendation and without any effort on his part, Senayee was awarded this post! How else, but by the sheer grace of Lord Panduranga. Senayee was a very naïve man. He knew none other than Lord Panduranga. He was very glad to get this job not because of the materialistic benefits but because he needed to serve the King only for a short time in the morning, thus enabling him to spend more time in singing the glory of the Lord and to be in the company of other devotees. Serving the Lord and singing his glories were the only reasons for his happiness.

On seeing this, the other barbers of his village grew jealous of Senayee. They awaited an opportunity to snatch away this post from him.

One day Senayee, while on his way to the royal palace, found a big group of devotees, singing the glory of the Lord. He found out they were heading for Pandarpur. Senayee joined the group and became totally engrossed in singing and dancing, forgetting the outer world. Drowned in this blissful state, how could he have remembered his duty to the king?

Seizing this opportunity one of the jealous barbers went up to the King and boldly declared,
"Your Highness, Senayee will not be here today".
"But why?"
"Your highness, the Hindus have a God called Pandarinath. A group of devotees singing His glory have left for Pandarpur. Senayee has also joined them. I reminded him of his services to you. But he replied, 'I am not in the least worried about anything. Neither the King nor the royal job is important to me. It is only Pandarinath who is important. If you so desire you may report to the King. I don't care.'"
The King was infuriated and roared,
"Arrest Senayee"
With a ruffled mind, he then proceeded to have the Royal bath....
The King was taken aback when he saw Senayee standing there with folded hands. He wondered if he had been wrongly advised on Senayee's absence. When he sat in front of Senayee for hair setting, he was further surprised to find himself experience an inexplicable joy and intolerable bliss whenever Senayee looked at him or touched him.. And the hair setting was unusually beautiful that day.

Wondering at all this the King declared to Senayee,
"Today the hair style seems different and magnificent. Tell me how is it that today things are all different in you"
Lo and Behold! In the place of Senayee, Lord Panduranga presented himself to the King in all beauty and charm.
His dark curly tresses, some of it gathered up in a slightly tilted been, a peacock feather plaited into it. beautiful earrings shining like lamps, smooth broad forehead bearing a 'tilak' mark of scented 'kasturi' sharp nose adding to his beauty, clear piercing eyes exuding love and grace at the same time, lotus like ruddy red lips playing a gentle enchanting smile, a garland of colorful fluttering flowers, bright yellow silk robes , bracelets in the hands that were gracefully held at the hips, and with anklets in the feet....
In this way, the Lord gave his Darshan to this fortunate King.

The King who had lost himself beholding such a Darshan found Senayee there the very next moment! The King pleaded; cried, writhed in pain and begged Senayee to show him again the earlier form. Out of desperation, he started threatening Senayee and he finally imprisoned Senayee. Vittal, in Senayee's garb, smiled at the King and simply vanished from the prison.

The king kept mumbling ," Senayee, show me that form, that wonderful form Senayee"
In the meantime, the soldiers arrested the real Senayee who was on his way to Pandarpur and brought him to the King's presence. Seeing the King's pathetic state and hearing about the incidents from those nearby, Senayee realized the God Himself had come in his form to do the Royal service on his behalf.
Senayee wept bitterly. Thinking of the Lord's extraordinary love and grace, he cried inconsolably. Senayee gave up his job and his home and went to Pandarpur for good. There, singing the glory of Vittala till his last breath, he attained the Lotus Feet of the Lord.

It is not known if Senayee was ever blessed with the Lord's Darshan for the deep devotion he had! The question might arise in one's mind as to what could have prompted the Lord to bless a Muslim King, who had no desire whatsoever to see God, with His Darshan.

The reason is that as the King had provided Senayee, the Lord's devotee, with a house and taken care of his household expenditures, so that the latter could totally devote himself to singing the glory of the Lord.
So Children! Don't you realize that God is more pleased with those who serve His devotees than with those who serve Him!

[quote author=psycopk link=topic=155066.msg1845023#msg1845023 date=1297728359]
Birbal was a minister in the court of Akbar. Birbal, apart from his sharp intellect, was also a devotee of Sri Rama. Akbar had a special regard for Birbal. Akbar used to openly ask Birbal to clarify his impulsive - and very often strange doubts. Birbal never failed to give an immediate and a fitting reply to such questions. Wherever Akbar went, he used to take Birbal along with him. During one such instance, when they travelled for some official purpose, they had to take a route through a dense forest. In the course of the journey, both were totally exhausted and famished. So they decided to rest under the shade of a tree for a while before continuing their journey. Since Akbar was very hungry, he wanted to look around the place to see if he can find a house to get some food. He induced Birbal to follow suit. But Birbal who was in the midst of Rama Nama Japam (Repetition of Rama Nama), turned down Akbar's request.
Akbar looked at Birbal.

'Mere chanting of the names of the Lord would not fetch you food. You have to put in your efforts.... You cannot achieve anything without self effort...'

Akbar left Birbal in the pursuit of pacifying his belly. In a little while he spotted a house. The inmates of the house were overjoyed to see their King coming to their very doorstep for food. They treated him to the best of their capacity. Akbar finished his meal and took a little food for Birbal too and left the house to meet Birbal. He met Birbal and gave him the food.

'See Birbal, I told you... I took some efforts for the food and I got it. You were just sitting and chanting Rama Nama , and you did not get any food.'

Birbal ignored his scoffing and partook the food given by Akbar. After he finished the meal, he looked up at Akbar and said,

'I have just now experienced the power of Rama nama, like never before.You are the ruler of the land. But today even the King had to beg for food. But you look at me. I was just chanting Rama Nama here and the Rama Nama made the king himself to get me food, that too by begging. So I got the food, just by sitting here and chanting Rama nama without any other special efforts. Such is the power of Rama Nama!!'
[/quote]
*=: *=: *=: *=: psyco you rock you rock

Once Mahatma Budh was passing through a village and some village youth who were waiting for HIM started abusing HIM. Mahatma Budh stood there and kept listening without uttering a word. After sometime the youth got tired and stopped abusing. Mahatma Budh asked them if what u were talking to me is finish shall i proceed to the next village. This made them more angry and they said that we were not talking to u anything we were abusing u. Mahatma Budh said yes i heard u were trying to give me abuses but since long time i have stopped recieving abuses. Before that if u had given me i would have accepted and returned them to u with interest. But i am wondering in the previous village people were offering me sweets and i told them to take it to their home and distribute it at their home, and since i have not accepted ur abuses also so u bound to take them at home and distribute them into ur family.

Once an aethist came to Mahatma Budh in the morning and he wanted to know about GOD. Mahatma Budh given him enough examples to convience him that GOD does exists. So he went away with old belief of being Aethist shattered.
In the same afternoon another person came who was a believer and wanted to know about GOD. Mahatma Budh started giving him examples that GOD doesnot exists and convienced him also. So he also went away with his old belief of being a beliver also shattered.
In the evening came another person who was a disciple of Mahatma Budh with same question. Mahatma Budh didnot answered him and closed his eyes and sit in meditation and he also sat in meditation and he got up after sometimes touched lotus feets of his GURU and thanked HIM for HIS answer and went away.
Now Anand who was also a disciple and cousin brother of Budh asked HIM that before sleeping that the answer to ONE question cannot be 3 i have serious doubts about ur answers now convience me also before sleeping otherwise i cannot sleep. Mahatma Budh said that those answers were not for u. But he said that i was doing sewa there so the words entered my ears what to do.
Mahatma Budh told him that first person was an aethist and i broken his old dharna (belief), the second person was a fake believer i broken his old dharna too. This old dharna is biggest hurdle in the spiritual progress of Human Beings. Once the old dharna is broken than a person will start the search and he may arrive. But if i had agree with either of them that would have boosted their ego and they would have said that what i was thinking Budh is also saying the same. And HE said that the larst person was BRAMH GYANI so i given him indication to sit in meditation and ask questions inside and u must have noticed that he thanked me for my answer and went away. When Krishna given Bramh Gyan to Arjun HE told him that this is that GYAN after knowing which u no need to learn anything, means u can become all knowing all that is required is to meditate

[quote author=psycopk link=topic=155066.msg1845039#msg1845039 date=1297728506]
Control of Anger
"There is no act that an angry man may not no word that an angry man may not utter. The angry man may insult his superiors with harsh words. The wise control their anger. The honest and forgiving man is ever victorious".

"They that are good remember only the good deeds of their foes, and not the evil unkind acts their foes might have done unto them. The good besides do good unto others without expectation of any good in return".

Ramachandra, living in exile, heard far off in the forest the noise of an armytramping along. "O Lakshmana", he cried, "climb up that tall tree, and see who comes".

Lakshmana climbed up, and saw that his younger brother was coming with a great crowd, and he angrily called out that Bharata was coming to killthem, and, quickly climbing down again, he told Rama that they must prepare for battle. "Nay, nay", said
Ramachandra smiling, "our brother comes for no harm. If i say to him, Give your
kingdom to Lakshmana,' he will at once say "yes". Then the anger of Lakshmana died down, and he met his brother tenderly,and all was peace.

One day Bhima, who was a very hot-tempered man, grew furiously angry with his elder brother and said: "You lost us our kingdom by your gaming, robbed us of our riches, brought us to exile; and now, just that you may have credit for keeping a promise given to gamblers, you play the coward and desert your dutyas a Kshattriya, and will not fight. A nice elder brother you are".

Yudhishthira was very much grieved, and for a few minutes he would not speak,for fear he should answer angrily. Then he spoke to Bhima very gently, saying:

"O Bhima, dear brother, you are quite right; all the misfortunes are my fault.So I cannot blame you for being angry. Still, forgive me, and do not
speak unkindly. I must not break my promise, even to please you. Only wait a little,and better days will come." Then Bhima was ashamed and touched his brother's feel, and there was no quarrel.
[/quote]
sHa_clap4 sHa_clap4 kani  sCo_hmmthink

Four Mahatmas by name Gnaneswar, Nivrithi Devar, Sobaana Devar and Muktha Bai, born in the same family, lived in a village near Pandaripuram. They were born to the couple Vithoba and Rukmini. Gnaneswar was born as the Avatar (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu, Nivrithi Devar as of Lord Parameswara, Sobaana Devar as of Lord Brahma and Muktha Bai as that of Goddess Durga.

Their parents left them, even while the children were still young, to do tapas (practice of the path chosen to attain liberation). As three of these children were boys, they desired to get 'upanayana' (thread ceremony conducted to a boy born in a Brahmin family) done. So they approached the village Brahmins for the purpose.

The Brahmins, however, refused to conduct the 'upanayana' as these children had no parents and also their father had returned to family life after having led an ascetic life. Further they said, "How are we to conduct the 'upanayana' for one who knows not the Gothra?"(the name of the sage in whose lineage a Brahmin is born) and so refused to conduct the ceremony.

Gnaneswar explained that in such cases the Gothra of the one who would conduct the ceremony could be used. Hearing this the Brahmin advised, "Prathishtanapuram is a village nearby. Many scholars who are well versed in the shastras live there. Go and tell them of your desire." These children then went to Prathishtanapuram and told the scholars of their desire.

The scholars asked, "What is the proof of your being Brahmins?" Gnaneswar explained, "No one is a Brahmin by birth. At birth all are one and the same. The day 'upanayana' is conducted then he is known as 'dwijan'(twice born). By repeated chanting of the Gayathri when one earns 'tejas'(brilliance) he is known as 'Vipran'. He is known as 'Shastri' with the deep practice of the shastras. After learning the Vedas if he conducts yagna he is then known as 'Srowthi'. After being initiated into a 'Mantra' if he does japa (repeated chanting) of the 'mantra' and the darshan of the god or the goddess of the particular 'Mantra' is had, he is then known as 'Rishi'. He is known as 'Muni' if he controls his mind and does enquiry of the Self.

If one attains oneness with the highest and sees only Hari everywhere and in everything he is then known as a 'Brahmin'. Since we see only Hari everywhere it is proof enough to show that we are Brahmins."

Hearing this the scholars critically asked, "What you say is right. Well then, will this buffalo standing beside you chant the Veda? Gnaneswar replied, "If you look at it as a buffalo it shall not. But if you look at it as Lord Panduranga it shall then chant the Veda". So saying he stroked the buffalo. At once the buffalo chanted the Veda.

By this it is known that there did live Mahatmas who could establish the presence of Brahman (God the almighty) even in the mundane world.

Mahabharata war begins!!
Once Dharmaputra performed Rajasuya yagna in his capital-town Indraprasta. Many rishis and kings took part in the yagna. The entire town wore a festive look. Bhima was in charge of the kitchen. Duryodana took care of money-matters[gajana]. The puja was taken care of by Sahadeva while Nakula was responsible for collecting funds. Arjuna rendered service to the Guru and Lord Krishna was engaged in sadhu-seva. Draupadi was in charge of the dining area. Karna gave 'dhaanam' in the yagna. With each person performing his duty perfectly, the yagna came to a grand close.

After the yagna, while the others left, Lord Krishna and Duryodana stayed back. Duryodana and Krishna stayed in Dharmaputra's palace for a few days. The grandeur of the palace made Duryodana jealous. A wizard by name Mayan had constructed that palace. Even the palaces of the Devas were no match to it. The pillars were made of diamond and the walls of gold. There were innumerable spacious rooms. The palace had many astounding magical features. In some places the marble surface of the floor appeared like water while in some place the water filled ground appeared like marble surface.

One day, while on a stroll around the palace, Duryodana mistook a marble surface for water and stepped on it carefully. In another place, fooled by the floor-like illusion, he fell into water. Draupadi, who witnessed this laughed at him. Greatly insulted, Duryodana swore to take revenge on her. He defeated Dharmaputra in a game of ludo and used the opportunity to avenge the insult thrown at him by Draupadi. The end result was the great Mahabharata war.

The moral of the story is DO NOT HAVE FUN AT OTHERS' EXPENSE.

[quote author=psycopk link=topic=155066.msg1845056#msg1845056 date=1297728697]
Naraharisonar
Naraharisonar, an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva, lived in Pandaripuram. Though living in Pandaripuram he had never once visited Pandarinathan's temple. He held the principle of not to look at any god but Lord Shiva. However, the chant of Lord Hari's names always echoed throughout Pandaripuram. Naraharisonar had tied two bells to his ears to avoid the chant falling in his ears. The moment he learnt of anyone chanting "Hari" he would ring the two bells tied to his ears and thus ensured that the name of Lord Hari did not fall in his ears.

In this Pandaripuram there was a dilapidated Shiva temple. Daily he would go there and conduct abishekha, pooja and offer naivedya. He felt saddened that none in this Pandaripuram bothered about his Lord Shiva. Seeing the dilapidated state of the temple he used to weep out of grief.

Naraharisonar was a very smart goldsmith. Once a very rich man who was childless vowed to offer a gold kavacha to Lord Panduranga if he were to be blessed with a child. As his prayer was answered, to fulfil the vow he had taken, he looked out for a goldsmith who could make the best kavacha. As everyone recommended Naraharisonar he approached him for this purpose
But, Naraharisonar bluntly refused to make the jewel for Lord Panduranga who was none other than Lord Vishnu. The rich man, however, pleaded with Naraharisonar,"You need not enter the temple. I shall bring the measurement for the jewel. You can make it accordingly. If you would make this jewel I shall renovate the Shiva temple and conduct its kumbabishekha." Just on this condition Naraharisonar agreed to make the jewel. He made the jewel to the exact measurement provided, but when it was offered to Lord Panduranga it turned out to be very small. The measurement was taken once again and the jewel remade and offered. And this time it turned out to be too big. The temple priests then declared that the goldsmith himself should come and take the measurement for the jewel.

Naraharisonar stubbornly refused to enter the temple premises. But then he was somehow pacified by the others. He said,"whatever happens my feet should not touch the temple ground. Never will I look at Panduranga with these eyes". Blindfolding him,two persons carried him upto Panduranga in a dholi (palanquin). It was then decided that he should take the measurement for the jewel by feeling Panduranga with his hands. When at first he touched Panduranga's head he felt the matted hair, the flow of the Ganga and the crescent moon. "Aha", he said,"isn't this Lord Shiva whom I worship?" He quickly untied the cloth. But the great Magician Panduranga stood there with his two hands held at the waist and and an enchanting smile playing on his lips. Naraharisonar quickly tied up the cloth to his eyes and touched the chest only to feel the rudraksha and the garland of skeletons. He once again untied the cloth only to see Panduranga.

As this occurred over and over again the knowledge dawned on Naraharisonar that it was only Lord Hari Himself who was present in everything.
[/quote]
*=: *=: *=: