OPT Extension RFE(Request For Evidence)

prashanth2510

Hi ,
    My first OPT was from June 07,2010 to June 06,2011. I applied for my OPT extension on March 30,2011. Untill last week, my status online was in initial review.
This week only i received a mail from USCIS that i need to provide enough evidence.
The letter states me to provide the following

1.copies of your pay vouchers from June 07,2010 to present
2.Copies of bank statements showing direct or corresponding deposits from your employeer(s)
3.copies of your 2010 W-2(s)
4.copies of your 2010 tax return

Please help me out on this issue, i need to provide evidence till july 20,2011.
How should i answer such query.

:surprised-038:
OPT extension ki kuda pay stubs, tax returns aduguthunaara,
nenu apply chesinapudu ivani emi lekunde naa degara, just employer letter okate pettina emi prob avaledhu

Let me ask you these first:

1) Did you updated you present employer like change of address and with whom you are working  to your college (to update your Sevis information) with in a specified amount of time when your first year opt started?

If yes then its fine.

2) When you applied your opt Stem extension what did you submitted with your application apart from e-verify number. Did you submitted any employment letter showing a potential employment which require specific skills and what designation (like trainee or something which shows that you are actively on the job performing duties) did you put in that employment letter the one you submitted to USCIS for opt extension?

May be they are treating those docs as not adequate enough based on what you submitted and thats why they are asking all these...

Generally in first year of opt your dont need to be a paid employee and you can voluntarily and in this case you have to provide the voluntary employment details. The sevis information on your case should be up to date with your present employer and address.

So contact your employer and ask him to contact his immigration attorney and then go from there...and if you are not in pay roll in first opt then i dont know how your employer will handle that.  It's better to contact your immigration attorney or your employer to respond to you and take action.

[quote author=BondJamesBond007 link=topic=206206.msg2522483#msg2522483 date=1308971780]
I don't think this post is real ba.......
No one will ask your bank statement to show direct deposit..
[/quote]

Ya thats what i think mama, this is way beyond surprise to me that they are asking this for opt stem extension but who knows may its a 1 in 100 people case.

And guys who are in still in first year opt  and getting ready to get opt stem extension (especially Jack Sparrow) dont panic with this post it might not be applicable to you or might not be the case with you. This guys situation might be dependent and different on so many factors. Just remember update your employer details and present address way before you apply for opt stem extension.

[quote author=pikki link=topic=206206.msg2522497#msg2522497 date=1308972156]
Ya thats what i think mama, this is way beyond surprise to me that they are asking this for opt stem extension but who knows may its a 1 in 100 people case.

And guys who are in still in first year opt  and getting ready to get opt stem extension (especially Jack Sparrow) dont panic with this post it might not be applicable to you or might not be the case with you. This guys situation might be dependent and different on so many factors. Just remember update your employer details and present address way before you apply for opt stem extension.
[/quote]

Well said mama... CITI_$D# , , guys who are in OPT extension don't get panic..

[quote author=BondJamesBond007 link=topic=206206.msg2522505#msg2522505 date=1308972592]
Well said mama... CITI_$D# , , guys who are in OPT extension don't get panic..
[/quote]

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/15ev7g9.gif[/img]  H&*() H&*()

[quote author=pikki link=topic=206206.msg2522431#msg2522431 date=1308970336]
Let me ask you these first:

1) Did you updated you present employer like change of address and with whom you are working  to your college (to update your Sevis information) with in a specified amount of time when your first year opt started?

If yes then its fine.

2) When you applied your opt Stem extension what did you submitted with your application apart from e-verify number. Did you submitted any employment letter showing a potential employment which require specific skills and what designation (like trainee or something which shows that you are actively on the job performing duties) did you put in that employment letter the one you submitted to USCIS for opt extension?

May be they are treating those docs as not adequate enough based on what you submitted and thats why they are asking all these...

Generally in first year of opt your dont need to be a paid employee and you can voluntarily and in this case you have to provide the voluntary employment details. The sevis information on your case should be up to date with your present employer and address.

So contact your employer and ask him to contact his immigration attorney and then go from there...and if you are not in pay roll in first opt then i dont know how your employer will handle that.  It's better to contact your immigration attorney or your employer to respond to you and take action.
[/quote]

CITI_$D# CITI_$D# CITI_$D# CITI_$D#

[quote author=riddle link=topic=206206.msg2522539#msg2522539 date=1308973326]
CITI_$D# CITI_$D# CITI_$D# CITI_$D#
[/quote]

H&*() H&*() :)

Dude, let me all tell you that i have no need put a fake post. This is my real situation which iam facing, if possible please try to help me.Actually in my first term of my OPT, i changed with my first employer and presently working with second employer.
Both the times i mailed my university to update my employer details in to my SEVIS.
I dont know exactly what went wrong, iam in a mess. Please help me if you know anything.

[quote author=riddle link=topic=206206.msg2522626#msg2522626 date=1308974672]
Hi baa  H&*() H&*() H&*() How r u...
[/quote]

Hi mama, how ru ...nenu fine bro...

[quote author=pikki link=topic=206206.msg2522721#msg2522721 date=1308976100]
Hi mama, how ru ...nenu fine bro...
[/quote] Doing good... Enti plans weekend ki.... F%G_@ F%G_@ F%G_@ F%G_@[quote author=prashanth2510 link=topic=206206.msg2522690#msg2522690 date=1308975765]
Dude, let me all tell you that i have no need put a fake post. This is my real situation which iam facing, if possible please try to help me.Actually in my first term of my OPT, i changed with my first employer and presently working with second employer.
Both the times i mailed my university to update my employer details in to my SEVIS.
I dont know exactly what went wrong, iam in a mess. Please help me if you know anything.
[/quote]

Bro.. Pikki has given very good details about what needs to be done in this situation.. I Agree with what ever he has told. It is bad luck that they asked like that but u can work voluntarily for 1st yr on OPT.. You need support of Immigration Attorney or Employer to answer the RFE. Do not worry, everything will be fine if you submit details properly.