feeling bad and irritated after an interview

MRI

9 hours ago, VizagRocks said:

when people start labeling humble ones as losers, arrogance should be expected.

if people pulled stunts like this in European countries, they would be socially boycotted. But Indian/US people suck up to people in power. they are under the impression that arrogant people get things done, when on an average, they are no better than regular people doing the same work.

Anyway, proud that he's from Madras. Happy that he's arrogant. Otherwise, its tough to shine among people who hold a 1000 idiotic views on Madras and its awesome people.

are you doing the same thing, sucking up to an arrogant guy who humiliated another guy ? typical Indian you are!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VizagRocks

• MRI

• Kalam_Youtheman

• mastercheif

On 9/27/2016 at 11:43 PM, BaabuBangaram said:

interview chese vallu kuda dress code follow avuthaara??oka sari Visa inc ki vella dheenamma sweat shirt and 3/4 th  lo vachhi interview chesadu nannu

haha avuna... too much kadha ma pakane undhi apply chesi veli chustha lekapothe ni pungi bajaistha.. nenu shorts lo potha interview ki with slippersCITI_c$y

On 28/9/2016 at 10:44 PM, Lukewalker said:

are you doing the same thing, sucking up to an arrogant guy who humiliated another guy ? typical Indian you are!!

I was only defending fellow Chennaiite (assuming he's from there). And only because the TS thought it was somehow relevant to mention that he was from Madras, triggering the usual bigoted BS comments against people from there.

Actually, you are the 'typical' Indian here. Using my own arguments against me, when you wouldn't have, if I was an arrogant asshole.

14 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

I was only defending fellow Chennaiite (assuming he's from there). And only because the TS thought it was somehow relevant to mention that he was from Madras, triggering the usual bigoted BS comments against people from there.

Actually, you are the 'typical' Indian here. Using my own arguments against me, when you wouldn't have, if I was an arrogant asshole.

get out of hypocrisy and get a life.. you are doing the thing that you claim I was doing.. i have experienced his behavior and i have read his feedback.. not u.. just mind ur words.. even if i read him wrong, he has no reason to wear graphic t shirts delivering messages to an interview.. 

10 minutes ago, MRI said:

get out of hypocrisy and get a life.. you are doing the thing that you claim I was doing.. i have experienced his behavior and i have read his feedback.. not u.. just mind ur words.. even if i read him wrong, he has no reason to wear graphic t shirts delivering messages to an interview.. 

There again. I didn't say that your comments were bigoted. Just that your mention of where he was from, will automatically invite bigoted comments from others. May be you are unaware of it, or you did it purposefully. I didn't make any judgement on that, or on you.

What he did or didn't do is immaterial to me. I will defend Chennai people, even when they are arrogant, because I've heard enough baseless comments about them, to understand why they have to sometimes push back against it.

I do not want to make a comment on the particular scene you talk about. If I wanted to be a nasty asshole, I would have.

On 9/27/2016 at 11:31 PM, MRI said:

yesterday we had interview of a guy with little experience.. i am senior manager.. i and few others did interview.. our department policy is to hire people only if all interviewers okays.. because of interview all of us wore button down shirts but were in casual attire.. one interviewer who recently became a lead came in "made in madras" t shirt.. i work very little with him but he has attitude.. he is head strong because of iit education.. i was in the room when he interviewed the guy and he asked questions in arrogant manner.. he interrogated kid but whatever the kid was saying he is not buying as if he is bsing.. i wouldn't say kid was smart but he was truthful.. this guy grilled him so much that candidate wasn't able to say anything.. his questions extended so much that he made candidate reveal some proprietary information too.. finally he rejected the candidate with arrogance.. saying he doesn't have impressive education and he did not answer questions.. moreover he is not fluent in english.. candidate was clear in english but had few telugu slang because he studied in telugu medium like me.. i was able to see myself in him.. but this bloody iit madras guy ruined everything.. i brought it to directors notice but i don't think he will benefit.. 

baga chesava man 

41 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

There again. I didn't say that your comments were bigoted. Just that your mention of where he was from, will automatically invite bigoted comments from others. May be you are unaware of it, or you did it purposefully. I didn't make any judgement on that, or on you.

What he did or didn't do is immaterial to me. I will defend Chennai people, even when they are arrogant, because I've heard enough baseless comments about them, to understand why they have to sometimes push back against it.

I do not want to make a comment on the particular scene you talk about. If I wanted to be a nasty asshole, I would have.

Bro...naku kuda chala mandhi tamil friends unnaru...I can understand your frustration...but you have to agree, workplace lo vallu chala teda ga behave chestaru and extremism chupistaru...

9 minutes ago, papampasivadu said:

Bro...naku kuda chala mandhi tamil friends unnaru...I can understand your frustration...but you have to agree, workplace lo vallu chala teda ga behave chestaru and extremism chupistaru...

Odhiley brother. Already cheppina, I'm happy if Tamil/Telugu/Kannada people show attitude. Indian/US work culture is biased against people who mind their own work.

Evado okadiki poddu poka, edho pedda thappu kanukkunnattu, nenu chesedhi kooda adhey ani chepthey, kaadhu ani explain chesa.

Basic thing, arrogance is fine at work place. I don't mind if he faces consequences for what he did. But I don't have a problem with the arrogance. especially coming from a south Indian. North Indians are so much better at this.