IT job marketing for Canada ?

akil_f1

2 minutes ago, jbourne said:

The easiest way for a guy like you mentioned above is to look for a project in Canada through Infy or wipro and after getting there process PR on their own 

he actually got a proj with wipro but heard that no more h1bs are going to be offered to the incoming folks into that team. So i advised him to update linkedin and shoot resume to all the candian recruiters with github links of his work. It might work but if doesnt then what is next step? i told him to look for a good course in data as he has prior experience in JS and server side. But again i am not aware of the work permit situation in canada for students and how hard it is to land a job for an experienced guy.

I am just advising him to not fall for those consultancies in india who take money to send people to canada for work. Since we all saw that dark side of it industry, it might be wise to take some suggestions of experienced folks here.@3$%

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akil_f1

• tennisluvr

• yomama

• jbourne

1 hour ago, yomama said:

he actually got a proj with wipro but heard that no more h1bs are going to be offered to the incoming folks into that team. So i advised him to update linkedin and shoot resume to all the candian recruiters with github links of his work. It might work but if doesnt then what is next step? i told him to look for a good course in data as he has prior experience in JS and server side. But again i am not aware of the work permit situation in canada for students and how hard it is to land a job for an experienced guy.

I am just advising him to not fall for those consultancies in india who take money to send people to canada for work. Since we all saw that dark side of it industry, it might be wise to take some suggestions of experienced folks here.@3$%

applying for jobs in Canada from India is not feasible thing. recruiters will not even consider you guys because you doesn't have status in Canada.

my best advice would be come on study visa , then u will be granted 3 yrs WP(provided if u do 2 yr course). 

Can file for PR once u reach the points  , in your case after finishing the graduation as you already have the foreign exp.

4 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

With the current situation in US I guess this is a better option. But then ask him to go to a well established proper school in Canada, not some fly by night school there. I know of people that went to third rate institutions in Canada, and they are all in US right now. 

On the other hand graduating from a good school in Canada will fetch you a decent job and a PR without much effort or immigration hassles. 

One more thing to make sure is to go for 2 yr program in Canada and that will fetch you 3 year PSW (equivalent of OPT)

1 hour ago, akil_f1 said:

applying for jobs in Canada from India is not feasible thing. recruiters will not even consider you guys because you doesn't have status in Canada.

my best advice would be come on study visa , then u will be granted 3 yrs WP(provided if u do 2 yr course). 

Can file for PR once u reach the points  , in your case after finishing the graduation as you already have the foreign exp.

The information is not for me, its for a friend living in india. Yes guys in india wont have a status in canada, which is an obvious fact and he will get the work permit through the employer located in canada.

But i got the gist of your expression, 2 years course for a married and working guy is not a viable solution(deduced from my prior conversations though he might be open to study and work if there is a program like CPT in canada and it will be course related). Thanks for the input though.

5 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

That's what I have heard. I applied for a few positions in Canada as well but haven't heard from the clients. I guess it's different if you are physically located in Canada. 

workopolis lo apply chey, naku calls ochei but none were ready to do Work Permit, either asking for PR or WP

1 hour ago, princeofheaven said:

workopolis lo apply chey, naku calls ochei but none were ready to do Work Permit, either asking for PR or WP

express entry program lo register avte your resume will be sent to all the employers in that database. Not an easy process but doable ani undi quora lo, seems like some provinces are having deficit in skilled force.