H4 EAD effect on H1Bs, as told by a thella vendor

tennisluvr

I have worked with Teksystems at one of their clients place for 2 and a half years in the past. I have a good friend of mine who's a recruiter there, we used to hang out for drinks and play some tennis. 

Podunna call chesa edo Christmas wishes chebudamani advance ga, and spoke about how the IT job market has been etc this year. I told him it's been the worst job market I have seen in the past 7 years as far as the billing rates are concerned, and here's what he said(in his own words)

"This year has been the worst we've seen in terms of the billing rates, and a primary reason for that is because the managers have ample choices in terms of hiring people at a much lesser billing rate than ever before. After H4 EADs have flooded the market this year, client managers have realized that they could relegate most mundane and reduntant tasks to them. Apparently there are people working at client places on H4 EADs as programmers for as little as $12/hour. So the margin for vendors has increased tremendously and both the client and the vendor/implementation partner are able to show a much bigger bottom line(costs saved etc). The only losers happen to be the contracts who are on H1B. For one thing, most clients aren't even looking to hire them since they know they can't pay them below a certain wage but they can do that with H4 EADs". 

I told him this kind of abuse is specially done by our Telugu thejalu, as our people are experts at finding loop holes and exploiting a good provision till it's f***d up for good. 

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I told him this kind of abuse is specially done by our Telugu thejalu, as our people are experts at finding loop holes and exploiting a good provision till it's f***d up for good. 

ala cheppadam valla em ganatha saadinchaav...mana gurinchi manam vere valla deggara chulkana avvadam thappithe

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I have worked with Teksystems at one of their clients place for 2 and a half years in the past. I have a good friend of mine who's a recruiter there, we used to hang out for drinks and play some tennis. 

Podunna call chesa edo Christmas wishes chebudamani advance ga, and spoke about how the IT job market has been etc this year. I told him it's been the worst job market I have seen in the past 7 years as far as the billing rates are concerned, and here's what he said(in his own words)

"This year has been the worst we've seen in terms of the billing rates, and a primary reason for that is because the managers have ample choices in terms of hiring people at a much lesser billing rate than ever before. After H4 EADs have flooded the market this year, client managers have realized that they could relegate most mundane and reduntant tasks to them. Apparently there are people working at client places on H4 EADs as programmers for as little as $12/hour. So the margin for vendors has increased tremendously and both the client and the vendor/implementation partner are able to show a much bigger bottom line(costs saved etc). The only losers happen to be the contracts who are on H1B. For one thing, most clients aren't even looking to hire them since they know they can't pay them below a certain wage but they can do that with H4 EADs". 

nammesamu...

And if you are thinking that the fact that an H4 EAD can take a highly skilled H1Bs job and do it, here's what's happening. 

If you are on H1B at a client place and they hire an H4 EAD, what they are going to do is put more pressure on you to perform and do better than what you have done prior to hiring the H4 EAD. The H4 EAD will do mostly repititive tasks and there's no pressure on him/her to perform as much as they expect from you. This consequently is increasing the stress on the existing H1Bs at client places and making them lead a much more slavish existence. It will be a matter of time before all the late 20s to early 30s crowd will keep doing this for 10 years and end up in their graves by their mid 40s. 

I have already seen a few cases where this sort of pressure at client's place has made people undergo a lot of stress, consequences of which are: 

1) Smoking to relieve stress

2) No work out/ no outlet to let go of the workplace stress, which will make them overweight and release cortisol(the stress hormone) and eventually make them prone to diseases like diabetes, high BP, hormonal imbalance, become obese etc. 

3) No time to spend quality time with their kids when they are growing up(most precious time of their young lives). 

4) Drinking excessive alcohol which again leads to everything I outlined in #2. 

5) Poor communication between spouses due to work place stress being carried into bedroom, under performance in the bedroom, and eventually leading to them cheating/divorcing each other. 

Thank the H4 EAD rule for making all your lives miserable. 

Kottesambl@st

Just now, 1superman said:

ekadiki pothundi e dhesam asalu .. future chusthe bayam ga vundhi bossu.. 

y bhayam...gumpulo govindda manaki alvaate kaadu..evadoo okadu edo sketch esthaadu.....super duper antaadu...... aadi venukaala manamu...

1 minute ago, bschi said:

nammesamu...

Truth is stranger than fiction annaru boss. 

Mana daaka vache varaku manaki ilane anipisthundi, but eventually you'll realize this fact too. 

I don't blame you for not believing and I am not trying to convince you, but this is yatartham. 

correste nammesam tek vadu kanisam manalni dagariki kuda ranivadu alantidi idantha niku chepadu anta namesam.

other vendors kanisam manam mana manager numbers istam ani aina lunch ki patukupotharu TEK vadu daridrudu adi kuda vundadu.

Just now, BommaliNinnodhala said:

y bhayam...gumpulo govindda manaki alvaate kaadu..evadoo okadu edo sketch esthaadu.....super duper antaadu...... aadi venukaala manamu...

IT as a career option is going to come to an end pretty soon atleast for people on H1Bs bro. 

I am not just talking about H4 EAD necessarily that's a catalyst but the bigger reason is that everything will be automated in a few years. 

What's the necessity of hiring someone on H1B when you can have a local push buttons for $15/hr. If you are an extraordinarily talented H1B who can surpass the locals 99% of the time yes you do have a bright future. 

But gunde meeda cheyi vesukuni cheppu how many of us are like that. And even being that exception usually comes at the cost of your personal life. 

6 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

true man i know one lady she is very good in subject and is on H4 but thanaki thana talent value telsu i dont think she got compromised on billing rate. so ilanti cases unte better aa H4s should know their value and the pay rate they should get.Then h1 s ki h4s ki koncham competition undadhu.