Parking lot lo chinna collision

tennisluvr

poddunna konchem tondarlo unde office ki late ayyindi, 6 floor parking deck untadi office lo akkada top lo tappa ekkada place ledu park cheyataniki. Sare okay ani konchem tondarlo unde by mistake pakkana unna car ki slight ka dash ichindi naa car. Idi naa own car kaadu rental car. 

Immediately told the security what happened and notified the owner of the other car, reported a claim to my insurance to take care of the bumper damage done to his car. Acura MDX athani car, adi repair ki body shop(Acuras own bodyshop) vadu $3500 ani cheptunnadu just bumper replacement ki. 

Naadi $500 deductible, so ippudu naa question enti ante there's no rental car insurance coverage on my vehicle but my insurance is going to cover it's damages. Ippudu ee claim valla naadi premium increase avutunda. 

Naa badha enti ante innellu almost in the 11 years I have had my license eppudu accident cheyaledu naa matuku nenu. First time idi, so do you guys think premium is going to increase for my insurance payment due to this incident? 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• Reddy86

• Quickgun_murugan

• gunturodu1

Top Posters In This Topic

When I asked Geico the same question, who's my insurance provider he didn't give me a straight answer. He said it depends, but wouldn't go up in all cases. 

Meeremantaru? Anyone been in this situation in the past? 

My front bumper on the driver's side has a minor dent that's the only damage to my rental vehicle, other party's bumper came out very slightly as it hit it towards the end. 

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

poddunna konchem tondarlo unde office ki late ayyindi, 6 floor parking deck untadi office lo akkada top lo tappa ekkada place ledu park cheyataniki. Sare okay ani konchem tondarlo unde by mistake pakkana unna car ki slight ka dash ichindi naa car. Idi naa own car kaadu rental car. 

Immediately told the security what happened and notified the owner of the other car, reported a claim to my insurance to take care of the bumper damage done to his car. Acura MDX athani car, adi repair ki body shop(Acuras own bodyshop) vadu $3500 ani cheptunnadu just bumper replacement ki. 

Naadi $500 deductible, so ippudu naa question enti ante there's no rental car insurance coverage on my vehicle but my insurance is going to cover it's damages. Ippudu ee claim valla naadi premium increase avutunda. 

Naa badha enti ante innellu almost in the 11 years I have had my license eppudu accident cheyaledu naa matuku nenu. First time idi, so do you guys think premium is going to increase for my insurance payment due to this incident? 

yes

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

When I asked Geico the same question, who's my insurance provider he didn't give me a straight answer. He said it depends, but wouldn't go up in all cases. 

My front bumper on the driver's side has a minor dent that's the only damage to my rental vehicle, other party's bumper came out very slightly as it hit it towards the end. 

Yes your insurance will increase by 20-30 per month 

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

why don't you try to claim with your credit card insurance since it is rental car. Most credit cards cover the rental car insurance.

Insurance is going up for sure. Geico has been waiting for such a chance to increase your premium and you just gave him a chance and sure he would.

But as it is onlu 3500 claim, there could be slight increase for an year...surely for six months but might last upto one year and after that it should ocme back to the normal level as it is now.

Also, sometimes, 3500 is usually considered as small accident forgiveness which Geico does. So, next time at renewal, rather than doing it online, try to call up the people at geico and ask for a deal like small accident forgiveness..you migth be eligible and most insurers won't offer you this discount at the first go...

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

11 years Geico tho ney unnava?

if you are a long term customer they will wave one accident, check with them

Just now, megadheera said:

why don't you try to claim with your credit card insurance since it is rental car. Most credit cards cover the rental car insurance.

YEah I tried that too. I have Amex Gold which I used to rent the car, but when I called them and spoke to them they are saying that they don't cover liability which is what they are saying happened in this particular case. 

Just now, KATHRI said:

11 years Geico tho ney unnava?

if you are a long term customer they will wave one accident, check with them

Since 2010 now, 7 years. 

I had my driver's license for 11 years now but car only for 7 years.