Top Posters In This Topic

• uttermost

• kiraak_poradu

• tennisluvr

• sattipandu

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Yes I like him too but his time is done now

No. his time never came. he could have been much more than a regular commercial director who makes beautiful movies.

may be I'm overestimating him. But he had great directors to watch and learn in Tamil industry, but he ended up so mediocre.

Every concept he took was shallow, and he made it worse with his careless dialogues. I wish he takes time off to observe people beyond his TamBram circlejerk (consisting of his wife, Kamala Haasan) and read books extensively before he makes a masterpiece.

A masterpiece is certainly due from him.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

No. his time never came. he could have been much more than a regular commercial director who makes beautiful movies.

may be I'm overestimating him. But he had great directors to watch and learn in Tamil industry, but he ended up so mediocre.

Every concept he took was shallow, and he made it worse with his careless dialogues. I wish he takes time off to observe people beyond his TamBram circlejerk (consisting of his wife, Kamala Haasan) and read books extensively before he makes a masterpiece.

orey Narsi gaaaa   

discussion talk collection board updates GIF

13 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Yes I like him too but his time is done now

Maniratnam was the first big director to break from Ilayaraja. And the reason he gave for it was pure gold.

He understands the technical aspects of a film like no other (among his peers of the same age), and saw how Ilayaraja's method of composing (not the tunes themselves) was a huge misfit.

Even though he respects Ilayaraja very much.

He failed to achieve similar level of understanding of people to make impactful films.

1 minute ago, sattipandu said:

ssup sambhar , caught  up with illaiah controversy yet?

There's no controversy. Those who shout against him should read what he wrote before shouting.

He said nothing wrong. 

I don't think Maniratnam is done. I sent him copies of Anarchist Literature a while back. Lets see if he incorporates them in his movies.

In his last film, he came across as pretty right wing reactionary. He regressed. May be he didn't open my gift at all. 

hehe..

14 minutes ago, uttermost said:

Bokka le, Mani Ratnam of the 80s was a breath of fresh air 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Bokka le, Mani Ratnam of the 80s was a breath of fresh air 

yeah. what you call as 'breath of fresh air' is what I call puke worthy films he made in the 80s.