Hyderabad Metro

mahesh1

38668590741_797460884b_o.jpg

A man buying smart card at the Nagole Metro station in the city. 

The sale of Metro Smart cards for travel in metro rail services which will open to public on November 29 commenced at Nagole, Tarnaka, Prakashnagar and S.R. Nagar metro stations on Sunday.

Pocket pinch

Priced at ₹200, the cards include a deposit of ₹100 and the balance will be available for travel. The amount is rechargeable up to a maximum of ₹2,000 and valid for a period of 365 days. The cards can be renewed after a year.

Concession given

A concession of 5% has been allowed for commuters who use the smart cards, which were sold from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the four stations.

Tokens or Smart Cards can be purchased at any of the 24 Metro stations between Miyapur to Nagole (30 km). The L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad (L&TMRH) had released the fare structure on Saturday.

‘Survived Satyam jolt & Sreedharan attack’

U Sudhakar Reddy | TNN | Nov 27, 2017, 07:30 IST

Once considered a jinxed project and written off by experts, Metro has become a reality, says Hyderabad Metro Rail managing director NVS Reddy. In an exclusive interview to TOI, he said none other than 'Metroman' Sreedharan attacked him on his model. He also explained how Satyam scam hurt the project. Excerpts from the interview

TOI: What were the most difficult times from inception to current stage in shaping Hyderabad Metro?

The Hyderabad publicprivate participation (PPP) model is first of its kind in the country. The biggest so far was 35km of Bengaluru Metro, but that was done without proper documentation. The first challenge for us was documentation. Reforms expert Gajendra Haldea and I prepared the concession agreement. After consulting former railway officials and engineers, we prepared a technical document. Today, this is referred as a standard referral document. The best financial agreement was also made.
In early days, there was euphoria as the economy was booming. No one could sense a recession. The Satyam scam was a big shock as no one on board smelt it. Maytas owned by Satyam group said they will return the money. In 2008, all hell broke loose. There were personal attacks on me. I admired Metroman Sreedharan. But, he too attacked my model. That was the worst period. Now, I can deliver lectures at IITs, IIMs and ISB on failure management and leadership during crisis. There are instances when people committed suicides due to failures. People with vested interest provoked agitations in front of my office.

TOI: How did you overcome hurdles? Did you ever feel helpless?

Many asked why we need a Metro and not BRTS. I had laid the MMTS network. But, I insisted the city needs a Metro. I researched monorail for a year. Why not underground Metro was another question? It was hell every day. After Maytas' failure, the crisis worsened. We saw an IT revolution and power sector reforms, but urban transport was still not in shape. During the statehood movement, the situation was turbulent. Every day, there were protests. International bidders would ask whether we are conducting bids. After chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy's death, K Rosaiah who took over as CM said the project was not priority. Six times, I postponed the bids. Luckily, L&T was the successful bidder. Even then, problems didn't stop. The biggest issue was religious structures. Nobody in Harvard or MIT can tell us how to execute a project. We have to have native solutions. Timing is important. We need to have patience that pays. We faced more than 350 court cases. So far, we won 340. The Greenland judgment was the biggest hurdle. The 6km stretch from Greenlands to Jubilee Hills checkpost was stalled for two years due to the judgment. After Chief Minister KCR intervened and asked advocate general to vacate the stay, the project moved forward. Every religious structure was a challenge. We got 20 religious structures shifted with negotiations. My effigies were burnt, but I stayed tough and cool.

TOI: How can Metro rail change the character and lifestyle of the city?

Metro Rail will change Hyderabad's character. It is a historic event. It is not an overstatement if I say Hyderabad's history on urban development can be written tomorrow as pre-Metro and post-Metro. I have seen how Metro rail transformed cities like Hong Kong, London and Singapore. It's an opportunity to reinvent and redesign urban India.

As only few hours left for the launch of #HyderabadMetro Rail, arrangements at Miyapur Metro station being reviewed by MA&UD Minister @KTRTRS

DPozvoKV4AAQwQb.jpg

18 minutes ago, mahesh1 said:

Thanks to Kiran Kumar reddy, ayana hayamlo works fast ga ayyayi..mukkodu vachaka 6 months works slowed down

Yes...kattadalu kulchadam ani loli chesaru first 1 year tharvtha realise ayyi metro vallu cheppindey chesaru ...

24 minutes ago, mahesh1 said:

Thanks to Kiran Kumar reddy, ayana hayamlo works fast ga ayyayi..mukkodu vachaka 6 months works slowed down

4 minutes ago, argadorn said:

Yes...kattadalu kulchadam ani loli chesaru first 1 year tharvtha realise ayyi metro vallu cheppindey chesaru ...

Allignment changing adi idi edo hadividi chesaaru L&T kudaradu annaru chesidi leka continued as it was..

1 minute ago, Kool_SRG said:

Allignment changing adi idi edo hadividi chesaaru L&T kudaradu annaru chesidi leka continued as it was..

adey antuna konchem homework cheyali ...first 1 year assembly lo speeches echaru adhi chesthamu under ground vattakayi ani ...eppudu msukoni jai metro antunaru ...

1 minute ago, argadorn said:

adey antuna konchem homework cheyali ...first 1 year assembly lo speeches echaru adhi chesthamu under ground vattakayi ani ...eppudu msukoni jai metro antunaru ...

Okaanoka stage lo metro ni addukuntam ani kuda annaru before 2014 @3$%

1 minute ago, Kool_SRG said:

Okaanoka stage lo metro ni addukuntam ani kuda annaru before 2014 @3$%

Appudu begum bazar people gurthunaru eppudu gurthu ravatledhu ....but comedy enti antay assembly backside nunchi under ground anta vammo...lets see it should do better for hyderabad oka 30 percent traffic tahgina better ye 

3 minutes ago, argadorn said:

Appudu begum bazar people gurthunaru eppudu gurthu ravatledhu ....but comedy enti antay assembly backside nunchi under ground anta vammo...lets see it should do better for hyderabad oka 30 percent traffic tahgina better ye 

It will take time to settle gradual transition untadi...