Worst Case Home Selling Options

hotlantian

My current situation is being laid off case. i work in a medium sized american company as a full time for the last 3 years and bought a house in January 2017. End of december my job is done here as part of cost cutting. I have already spoke to desi company employer and he is ready to h1 b transfer. I just bought house and what if i dont get h1 b extension as i am already in 7th year of h1 b is worrying me a lot. I thought FTEs is safe and bought a house but unexpected happen.

What options do i have to sell my house? How many days will it take to sell my house? If it wont sell before i leave what options do i have?  I spoke to an agent who worked with me when i bought a house to foreclose it in the worst case. What are the impacts of foreclosure? do i get my downpayment and mortage i paid so far back? 

hmm usual ga aithe summer lo thvaraga ammudu poye chances untayi.. 

this time of the year market will be slow I guess.. but market/price aggressively you may able to sell it faster

7 minutes ago, hotlantian said:

My current situation is being laid off case. i work in a medium sized american company as a full time for the last 3 years and bought a house in January 2017. End of december my job is done here as part of cost cutting. I have already spoke to desi company employer and he is ready to h1 b transfer. I just bought house and what if i dont get h1 b extension as i am already in 7th year of h1 b is worrying me a lot. I thought FTEs is safe and bought a house but unexpected happen.

What options do i have to sell my house? How many days will it take to sell my house? If it wont sell before i leave what options do i have?  I spoke to an agent who worked with me when i bought a house to foreclose it in the worst case. What are the impacts of foreclosure? do i get my downpayment and mortage i paid so far back? 

Dont know anyone personally who did it. But heard you can rent it out to rental agency till you wait for a good price. 

9 minutes ago, hotlantian said:

do u have a new job for H1B transfer.....First worry about status....dont think about the foreclosure and selling options...you can give the Power of authority to some one you can trust so that they will send the money in case if you have to go back......renting is also an option if you dont have to sell it...if it is single family house, then it is hard to getting it rented....Usually people prefer 3bd or 2bd townhome or a condo to rent...if it is the later case, you can give it to management property to take care of the property( who takes money xx/month and they will take care of rental collection and deposit money into ur account)....

One step at once...dont worry.....i know it is easy to say dont worry....i was there in some similar kind of situation once (but a different immigration issue), but by gods grace i'm out of it now...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, hotlantian said:

Nuvvundedi Atlanta lo na ??  @hotlantian

2 minutes ago, yankees said:

do u have a new job for H1B transfer.....First worry about status....dont think about the foreclosure and selling options...you can give the Power of authority to some one you can trust so that they will send the money in case if you have to go back......renting is also an option if you dont have to sell it...if it is single family house, then it is hard to getting it rented....Usually people prefer 3bd or 2bd townhome or a condo to rent...if it is the later case, you can give it to management property to take care of the property( who takes money xx/month and they will take care of rental collection and deposit money into ur account)....

One step at once...dont worry.....i know it is easy to say dont worry....i was there in some similar kind of situation once (but a different immigration issue), but by gods grace i'm out of it now...

Good Post

28 minutes ago, hotlantian said:

What options do i have to sell my house? How many days will it take to sell my house? If it wont sell before i leave what options do i have?  I spoke to an agent who worked with me when i bought a house to foreclose it in the worst case. What are the impacts of foreclosure? do i get my downpayment and mortage i paid so far back

ivvar foreclose aithe nothing will be given

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, yankees said:

No job offer i haven't started marketing yet. POA is a good point. Mine is a 3 bed townhome.

9 minutes ago, evadra_rowdy said:

Akada hot market kada.only loss is 6% to realtor.desi contacts try chey before giving to agent.aa 6% ni share cheskovochu

recently konni startup companies came which charge flat fee. like redefy. But not sure how good they are.

Mesthris type dopidi realtors di ee country lo. 6% of house endo naa matta. college degree kooda vundadu kondariki , but earnings millions lo year ki.