INDIA vs SA - INDIA Tour of South Africa 2017-18

Kool_SRG

8 hours ago, kiladi bullodu said:

i love this kid too

head not still.. not watching ball until impact.. another gambhir probably.. county cricket adithey appudu nija svaroopam telustundi..

On 1/8/2018 at 9:40 PM, Kool_SRG said:

If I am part of Team Management , surely have to think about this XI in the series.

1. Vijay/Dhawan

2. Parthiv Patel 

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane

6. Rohit

7. Pandya

8. Ashwin

9. Bhuvi

10. Bumrah

11. Shami

If Vijay/Dhawan fail miserably then Rahul needs to come in... sorry for Saha for balance of the side need to make way for parthiv, who has better technique against fast bowlers... 

Should India play Rahane? Open with Parthiv? Drop Rohit or Dhawan?

Opening with Parthiv has come in to equation article posted in Cricinfo.  ^^

Just now, Kool_SRG said:

Should India play Rahane? Open with Parthiv? Drop Rohit or Dhawan?

Opening with Parthiv has come in to equation article posted in Cricinfo.  ^^

from existing team.. dhawan with rahul/parthiv.. rohit with rahane.. ashwin with jadeja.. bumrah with ishant.. shami or yadav..

1 minute ago, MRI said:

from existing team.. dhawan with rahul/parthiv.. rohit with rahane.. ashwin with jadeja.. bumrah with ishant.. shami or yadav..

Bowling line up need not be tinkered since  they have all contributed well... Dhawan will make way for Parthiv & Saha will be replaced by Rahane. Too much tinkering is not good.

Just now, Kool_SRG said:

Bowling line up need not be tinkered since  they have all contributed well... Dhawan will make way for Parthiv & Saha will be replaced by Rahane. Too much tinkering is not good.

first inning.. it was bowling who made the diff.. and that lead made the diff..

Saha ki enni chances ichavu ani teeseyamantunnavu? Rohit ki experience vundi kooda silk smitha dance lu vestunnadu pitch meeda.. vaadini teeyali mundu..

2 minutes ago, MRI said:

first inning.. it was bowling who made the diff.. and that lead made the diff..

Saha ki enni chances ichavu ani teeseyamantunnavu? Rohit ki experience vundi kooda silk smitha dance lu vestunnadu pitch meeda.. vaadini teeyali mundu..

Saha ni evaru takkuva cheyyatla no point in playing two WKs , for better team balance Saha could make way for Parthiv inspite of his good show with gloves which is a hard call on him.

Also Parthiv has way better technique against pacers and is a regular opener in domestic circuit also so can handle pace decently well.

This will make batting deep + 5 bowlers in hand.

4 minutes ago, MRI said:

i want a left arm spinner who can take advantage of pace from the pitch.. south africa sucks against spin anyway.. ashwin doesn't have good pace variations..

Jadeja is not that kind to take advantage its better to have ashwin instead who can be bit handy with bat and had better technique to handle pace than jadeja any day.

'Not saying Ajinkya cannot or will not start the game' - Kohli

To some Ajinkya Rahane was a shock exclusion from the first Test - he has the best overseas record among the current India batsmen - but to Virat Kohli it was no surprise at all. On the eve of the second Test, Kohli actually mocked those asking for Rahane's inclusion in the XI. Kohli felt "no one" wanted Rahane to play the last Test.

"It's funny how things change in a matter of weeks, or just about five days," Kohli said on the eve of the second Test. "Before the first Test, no one thought that he should be in the XI, and now suddenly people are looking at the other option. For us as a team, it's all about finding the right balance. If players fit in in the kind of balance we want to go with as a side, then they will fit in. We certainly don't go on opinions that are created outside, and 'talk of the town', and all those sort of things."

Having said that, Kohli acknowledged Rahane's importance as a batsman.

"He's a quality player, he's done well in South Africa. [In] all conditions, actually, away from home," Kohli said of Rahane. "He's probably been our most consistent and solid player away from home. I explained the reasons why Rohit [Sharma] started ahead of him. I'm not saying that Ajinkya cannot or will not start in this game. Possibilities are all open at the moment and we shall decide after practice."

One of the left-field options is to make Parthiv Patel open the innings, thus freeing a middle-order slot for Rahane. As things stand, Hardik Pandya has made himself undroppable through his performance, and it will be unfair - now that he has been picked - to drop Rohit after one Test. If Rahane has to play, Parthiv has to be brought in. It is not a fanciful thought: in the lead-up to the Test, the support staff has been putting in a lot of work on Parthiv's keeping and batting, and the same continued on the eve of the Test.

Kohli continued to ask for improvement from his other batsmen as he felt the bowlers had done a decent job of bringing India back into the contest in Cape Town. "We are very happy with the way the bowlers went about the business," Kohli said. "The batting didn't come out well so I'm not worried on the bowling front at all. We have been in a very good space, and we believe we can get them out twice again in this game.

"You definitely need that to win Test matches but you also need a solid batting performance. Especially when you are playing away from home, you need that 60-70-80 extra runs compared to back home because there your bowlers will be stronger. But the way they showed their skill sets and their character in the first game, it motivated us as a batting group also to support them and play together as a unit and get some good results out there."

One of the things Kohli asked of his batsmen was more intent. He was asked to elaborate what he meant by that.

"Intent doesn't really mean that you have to go out there and start playing shots from ball one," Kohli said. "Intent is there in a leave. Intent is there in defending as well. Intent is about being vocal out there in calling. All those things count as intent. Just the way your body language, the way you are thinking about the game. It gets portrayed in your body language. People can tell if you are playing with intent or not.

"There will be tough moments but I think even the tough moments one needs to overcome through intent. Defending or leaving the ball, you need precise footwork to do that. And that only comes with a clear head and a positive intent in your head. That's how I look at things. Even if I'm going to leave the ball, I need to do it with intent. My stride should be big enough to leave the ball, or defend it. So in my head I'm feeling positive about those things. Being positive doesn't mean you are scoring every ball. But it's understanding that you are in control of what you want to do. That's how I break down intent."

Kohli said there was no need for panic yet. "I don't think we need to panic because of collapses," he said. "People need to apply themselves much better. Whether we are playing five batsmen or six, you still need to apply yourself. It doesn't mean that if you are playing six batters, you can afford to go out and play loose shots. You still need to have a solid technique and go out there and be ready to face bowling spells which are going to be difficult. We need to embrace that."

Just now, Kool_SRG said:

One of the left-field options is to make Parthiv Patel open the innings, thus freeing a middle-order slot for Rahane. As things stand, Hardik Pandya has made himself undroppable through his performance, and it will be unfair - now that he has been picked - to drop Rohit after one Test. If Rahane has to play, Parthiv has to be brought in. It is not a fanciful thought: in the lead-up to the Test, the support staff has been putting in a lot of work on Parthiv's keeping and batting, and the same continued on the eve of the Test.

Seems to be parthiv inclusion is pretty much on the cards.

South Africa vs India, 2nd Test

SuperSport Park, Centurion. Jan 13-Jan 17 2018

India made 3 changes   Parthiv in for Saha, Rahul in for Dhawan, IShant in for Bhuvi

SA has made only one change Ngidi in for Steyn