Federer wins 20th grand slam title with Australian Open victory over Cilic

jbourne

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Cilic should have served well and not tried too hard in the fifth and decisive set. He had all the momentum going into it by winning the 4th set, I think Cilic tried too hard to rely on his serve and went for too many winners that didn't work. All Fed had to do was to just chip those returns back on the sidelines and Cilic made sure he went for the winner and missed it. 

Typically what happens for most Fed's opponents, unless the opponent is Djokovic. So I wasn't too surprised about the result. 

Yeah. Djokovic, Nadal force errors out of Federer. These Cilic's are too generous with their high risk game. It only works rarely.

I miss murray more than anyone.

Just now, uttermost said:

Yeah. Djokovic, Nadal force errors out of Federer. These Cilic's are too generous with their high risk game. It only works rarely.

Man I am done watching Tennis. I will wait for the Federers, Nadals and Djokers to retire and maybe start watching after 5 years or so. Wake me up then. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Man I am done watching Tennis. I will wait for the Federers, Nadals and Djokers to retire and maybe start watching after 5 years or so. Wake me up then. 

I'm watching NHL. I even have a blog predicting winners in every game. and I've gotten 78% right so far. hehehe..

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

Andy Roddick times nundi tried and tested method idi, never worked so far. Papam Roddick came this close to winning using this method in Wimby 2009 but that's it. Djoker and Nadal don't rely on their serve(Nadal can't anyway on his average serve) so they have to get Fed to commit those errors. 

Ee Cilic lanti power servers usually don't have a fall back game, that said Cilic is an awesome player though. He's just a bad match up against Federer that's all. 

vaadu vundi vunde vadike title ochchedii emo bye1

I'm watching NHL. I even have a blog predicting winners in every game. and I've gotten 78% right so far. hehehe..

I need to start doing that. I am playing NHL on Xbox to get to learn the rules, formations etc before starting to watch it on TV. 

Just now, jbourne said:

vaadu vundi vunde vadike title ochchedii emo bye1

Atleast he wouldn't have folded up in the decisive set. Plus he knows how to make Federer commit those errors. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Atleast he wouldn't have folded up in the decisive set. Plus he knows how to make Federer commit those errors. 

murray plays tennis like its an exhibition cum professional match. suddenly he slaps a flat one, and suddenly a slow one, and suddenly a spinning shot (although he can't put much spin on it). He's just playing with himself and his opponent.

even when he fails,  i like it.

3 minutes ago, uttermost said:

Chinnappatnundi choosthunna federer. ika chaalu. retire avvu saami.

@3$%

I won't be surprised even if he gets to 25. Retire ayithe bore kodutundi ani playing ani cheppadu. 

Matter clear ga enti ante

Federer Nadal Djokovic Murray when all are fit, oka level. Federer can't be dominant then. 

So he did the smart thing, he waited it out till all the others got older and hit their 30s and slowed down(Nadal) and get injured(Murray and Djokovic). I don't think for the style of game Djokovic plays, he can be as dominant when he comes back if he's not a 100% fit. Same with Murray. So inka evadunnadayya Federer ni stop chesevadu. 

25 kottina won't be surprising.  

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

I think Federer will play till he is 40. Kids to time spend cheyali he might retire then. 

advances in sports training, will favour those at the top.  the next dominant player will hit more grandslams than Federer.

I think its best to retire a sport once winning is a marginal game.