All poker questions/discussions here....

CricPokChic

MP limped pre-flop...so pocket 88/99 he might raise them in MP...he limped n call ur raise so 33 possible but 389 rainbow board lo all in velladu ...mostly 10j , 67 ,jq sometimes 89 ...u have good equity against all the above combos so call 

9 hours ago, KillBill_Pandey69 said:

peddalu andariki okka hand scenario please let me know your thoughts... This is tournament. I would really appreciate if @Nellore_peddareddi can give his insight... @telugu_bidda @CricPokChic @KakiJanaky @hello987 and any other experts please let me know your thoughts as well.

Hand: This is a tournament. Blinds are 1k 2k ante 200. We are on the BB(98K). MP(108k) calls 2k SB(50k) calls 2k in the BB we wake up AA. We make it 7k. MP calls 7k and SB folds. Flop comes 398 rainbow. I bet 15k MP puts me all in. What does he have what do we do.....

So I took time and finally called.. He showed 10 J off suite. I was surprised since its a tournament...Cash game I understand but tournament If I call his open ended and if he misses he will be from 50BB to 5BB's. I would never do that that with guys who has almost equal stack sizes.. 

Turn came A and gave me more hope but the river comes 7... said nice hand packed bag and came home...

11 hours ago, KillBill_Pandey69 said:

So I took time and finally called.. He showed 10 J off suite. I was surprised since its a tournament...Cash game I understand but tournament If I call his open ended and if he misses he will be from 50BB to 5BB's. I would never do that that with guys who has almost equal stack sizes.. 

Turn came A and gave me more hope but the river comes 7... said nice hand packed bag and came home...

Cheppa kadha chasing straight ani...alanti vaalle ninnu board nundi thapinchalani all in chestharu...good call though...just bad luck anthe

35 minutes ago, hello987 said:

Cheppa kadha chasing straight ani...alanti vaalle ninnu board nundi thapinchalani all in chestharu...good call though...just bad luck anthe

it’s obvious he is chasing, but the point is, how the duck he got balls to put all-in with J high in a big tournament being a chip leader and final stages. I wouldn’t do that. 

1 hour ago, KakiJanaky said:

it’s obvious he is chasing, but the point is, how the duck he got balls to put all-in with J high in a big tournament being a chip leader and final stages. I wouldn’t do that. 

Exactly that is my point.Its a pure bluff shove with 50BB's. If I call and he looses he will drop to 5BB's. I would never do that its a bad play anni na abbiprayam.. but every player is different and there strategy is different... 

1 hour ago, KillBill_Pandey69 said:

Exactly that is my point.Its a pure bluff shove with 50BB's. If I call and he looses he will drop to 5BB's. I would never do that its a bad play anni na abbiprayam.. but every player is different and there strategy is different... 

yes very bad play

On 12/17/2018 at 2:18 PM, KillBill_Pandey69 said:

peddalu andariki okka hand scenario please let me know your thoughts... This is tournament. I would really appreciate if @Nellore_peddareddi can give his insight... @telugu_bidda @CricPokChic @KakiJanaky @hello987 and any other experts please let me know your thoughts as well.

Hand: This is a tournament. Blinds are 1k 2k ante 200. We are on the BB(98K). MP(108k) calls 2k SB(50k) calls 2k in the BB we wake up AA. We make it 7k. MP calls 7k and SB folds. Flop comes 398 rainbow. I bet 15k MP puts me all in. What does he have what do we do.....

WTF is that raise with AA on BB when there are two callers? MP range is always a drawing hand like 89 910 10j jq etc here when he flats preflop 2k and after SB call your raise should be around 5x as you are giving odds for two people to come into the hand here. And the guy in MP never folds for your raise and possibly SB might call as well, if you want him to come in here, let him pay good price preflop as the buyins are already closed. And on that flop why are you going for pot size with so much equity hand? Do you want to get paid from drawing hand or want him to fold on flop or get him jam on top? I prefer to bet around 2/3 pot like 10k instead of 15k so opponent might flat giving us the chance to control pot in next streets. I want the opponent to just call and see turn instead he jams on top of us. And yes, I will call his jam but I suggest you play it differently. In most cases he is drawing and your range is open to everyone like Queens to Aces. When there are two cards to follow, if I'm in his spot and want to play i jam as well for your bet instead flatting 15k with two pairs bottom sets and open ended straights, keeping you in tough spot to call or fold here. On these flops like 89x 910x 10jx q10x qjx etc instead of overplaying my over pair i prefer to control pot unless want to gamble not knowing the opponent range as your preflop bet is too low and he can have all the hands to beat you or have the best possible draw. And finally I call but i don't think I like the call costing my tournament. I believe drawing hand like 10J suited with back door flush to go to jam on that board when I hold Aces. Tough spot and all I can see is you can't fold here.

5 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

WTF is that raise with AA on BB when there are two callers? MP range is always a drawing hand like 89 910 10j jq etc here when he flats preflop 2k and after SB call your raise should be around 5x as you are giving odds for two people to come into the hand here. And the guy in MP never folds for your raise and possibly SB might call as well, if you want him to come in here, let him pay good price preflop as the buyins are already closed. And on that flop why are you going for pot size with so much equity hand? Do you want to get paid from drawing hand or want him to fold on flop or get him jam on top? I prefer to bet around 2/3 pot like 10k instead of 15k so opponent might flat giving us the chance to control pot in next streets. I want the opponent to just call and see turn instead he jams on top of us. And yes, I will call his jam but I suggest you play it differently. In most cases he is drawing and your range is open to everyone like Queens to Aces. When there are two cards to follow, if I'm in his spot and want to play i jam as well for your bet instead flatting 15k with two pairs bottom sets and open ended straights, keeping you in tough spot to call or fold here. On these flops like 89x 910x 10jx q10x qjx etc instead of overplaying my over pair i prefer to control pot unless want to gamble not knowing the opponent range as your preflop bet is too low and he can have all the hands to beat you or have the best possible draw. And finally I call but i don't think I like the call costing my tournament. I believe drawing hand like 10J suited with back door flush to go to jam on that board when I hold Aces. Tough spot and all I can see is you can't fold here.

};_

17 hours ago, KillBill_Pandey69 said:

he was trying to make you fold... if you had shoved after the flop he would have folded... 

6 hours ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Ok Got it... @Nellore_peddareddi akkadiki poyeenavu inni rojulu..

17 hours ago, Edo_Okati said:

he was trying to make you fold... if you had shoved after the flop he would have folded... 

That would be the dumbass bet you anyone can make there holding such strong hand and betting huge on first street for no reason.