All poker questions/discussions here....

CricPokChic

4 hours ago, KillBill_Pandey69 said:

@Nellore_peddareddi please comment on this hand. My understanding is this is clean example for EP pot control scenario...on the flop you have only 7 high with 7 high flush draw.. with 3-4 player acting behind you I will not bet in to that pot. I will check call .. If turn is 10d and I hit my flush and some body is still betting I will just check call and If I win I will take a small pot and If I loose I will lose a small pot. Only because I am Out of position. 

I agree with what you said, but it's not coz of Out of position coz it's limp pot and Battu is forced to play with one of sucker hands. And yes no point in leading flop. It's hard folding for big bets but considering preflop action should play hand differently.

4 hours ago, KillBill_Pandey69 said:

naku vunna half knowledge tho my understanding. If I say something wrong @Nellore_peddareddi or @KakiJanaky garu please correct me. I am commenting in the defense of MP guy with 35 off suite. I agree it is not the rite play but he got lucky on the flop. I have been sitting multiple orbits not playing now I have 3 5 offsuite I will try to raise 3x and steal blinds and antees... but LP position guy made it 8k and button called now its back on me now the pot is 400+800+2500+8000+8000+antess=  20k approximately call 5500 to take a look at 20k flop(That is the reason I said instead of rising to 8k you should have shoved).. flop he hits 2 pair and he got lucky... what did the button(musalodu) have why did he call you shove??

Yes initial levels lo opening ranges bagane undali, and sometimes people feel it's right price and they feel they are going to get lucky. And yes I gamble in initial levels with 46 off suite type hands always but I play in caution post flop. You have to put chips in some hands to go into money later. If I'm guy with 35 off here I might call as well pre. It might cost my tournament sometimes postflop, but I'll be ok if i think of gambling here . And nenu even hit 2 pair here I check flop always

1 minute ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Yes initial levels lo opening ranges bagane undali, and sometimes people feel it's right price and they feel they are going to get lucky. And yes I gamble in initial levels with 46 off suite type hands always but I play in caution post flop. You have to put chips in some hands to go into money later. If I'm guy with 35 off here I might call as well pre. It might cost my tournament sometimes postflop, but I'll be ok if i think of gambling here . And nenu even hit 2 pair here I check flop always

Calling is ok because you are getting good odds but opening pot that too from EP?

2 minutes ago, hello987 said:

Calling is ok because you are getting good odds but opening pot that too from EP?

You do not play your cards always,

If table image he has is tight then sometime raise with that hand is fine as well.

16 minutes ago, hello987 said:

Asalu first tournament lo 3 5 off suite tho raise chesthara evaryna

Anyone can raise with any hand. Always raising is better than limping. If he is headsup against you, he is folding pre. I think he is good player though considering he busted you later. You shouldn't blame his call, you should be happy for the people who are flat calling 3 bets pre when you have monster. Let's say he have pocket 10s and he flatted your 3 bet pre and hit set on flop, you can't do much, same thing is 35 suited and even you should be happy for his call. Nu baaga aadav but you got unlucky anthe. These happens. Take easy on these spots

4 minutes ago, hello987 said:

He opened in EP to say a story that he have monster, if EP opens unless the next guys have monsters they are never 3 betting. He is folding 3 bet if it's headsup. Difference undi. Let's say AQ suited and A10 flat his bet and flop comes 92J rainbow he can buy the pot by continuing story. Hard to call bet as people always put him on AK or some big pair if everyone miss flop and he continue his preflop story on flop. I do that all day, and most good players try to cash image but they play in caution. And yes in many spots I call flop bet in position with A high and K high coz it's most likely people miss flop and once called flop bet it's hard to bet next streets unless they catch cards.

27 minutes ago, hello987 said:

so what should my betting size? 

Your betting size is good. You just got unlucky. I don't get pissed in your spot anthe. Why do you want people to fold for 3 bets asalu. First mind lo nundi adi teeseyi. Like you get lucky in some spots people get lucky anthe. Sare you call jam on flop coz you are ahead ane feeling ye ga. Or you will improve even you are behind ane kada. Ee hand lo you should learn something is even playing good people get unlucky but over period of time long run lo you'll know results.

1 minute ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Your betting size is good. You just got unlucky. I don't get pissed in your spot anthe. Why do you want people to fold for 3 bets asalu. First mind lo nundi adi teeseyi. Like you get lucky in some spots people get lucky anthe. Sare you call jam on flop coz you are ahead ane feeling ye ga. Or you will improve even you are behind ane kada. Ee hand lo you should learn something is even playing good people get unlucky but over period of time long run lo you'll know results.

yeah got it...just in case vadu lucky avvakunda unte i would have scooped big pot... adhe nen ekkuva betting chesi unte vadu fold chesevadu antha pedda pot vachedhi kaadhu....

4 hours ago, KakiJanaky said:

Agreed, i would take this and stop worrying about the community cards, at least with Ur hand.

@hello987 : battuuuuuu tourneys lo cash out chestunnav ante, baaga yedhigipoyaav ga. @KillBill_Pandey69 : battu ni choosi neechuko ra amateur. Nee mohaniki eppudanna tourneys lo cash out chesinava? inka enni rojulu aakaleste kitchen vypu, daaham este bar vypu choostav, rojulu maarinayi, go set an example by farming in ur local agricultural land. 

@Nellore_peddareddi : chime in with ur thoughts.

@KillBill_Pandey69 ki cheppe antha knowledge kaani vayasu kani ledani telisi kuda enduku ee hasyam.

@hello987 ki ayasam ekkuva ayyinde, he don't want weak hands to open pot or call 3 bets preflop antunadu. Why worry when holding monster.

32 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

I agree with what you said, but it's not coz of Out of position coz it's limp pot and Battu is forced to play with one of sucker hands. And yes no point in leading flop. It's hard folding for big bets but considering preflop action should play hand differently.

I would agree with you on not leading flop but, pot control cheyyatam in 1/2 game I would disagree with you. If you have looked at my comment, all the  money will be going into pot anyway. Especially leading turn was a bad move.

2 minutes ago, Champsinmaking said:

I would agree with you on not leading flop but, pot control cheyyatam in 1/2 game I would disagree with you. If you have looked at my comment, all the  money will be going into pot anyway. Especially leading turn was a bad move.

Forgot about game: yes you're 100% right. 1/2 game lo una 200 ki flush ki eseyadame. Thinking big picture in deep stack(hoping Battu will play in future). Ofcourse money goes in but his play is pretty bad Leading flop and turn is absolute disaster.

14 minutes ago, hello987 said:

yeah got it...just in case vadu lucky avvakunda unte i would have scooped big pot... adhe nen ekkuva betting chesi unte vadu fold chesevadu antha pedda pot vachedhi kaadhu....

Only thing you should remember is are you playing good or not ani. Pakkodu lucky ayyadani edisthe you should stop playing Poker. Game is in your hand, you can call bet fold always. If you are uncomfortable to put chips in - fold flop for 15k, but should not cry if K fall on turn. It's game of odds and yes people get lucky. Concentrate on your game and strategy anthe always, else you can't win.

8 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Only thing you should remember is are you playing good or not ani. Pakkodu lucky ayyadani edisthe you should stop playing Poker. Game is in your hand, you can call bet fold always. If you are uncomfortable to put chips in - fold flop for 15k, but should not cry if K fall on turn. It's game of odds and yes people get lucky. Concentrate on your game and strategy anthe always, else you can't win.

That’s a good advice... do you have tilt in your game?

19 hours ago, Champsinmaking said:

i used to tilt a lot in my initial days and used to play every hand to get lucky and lose everything....i am trying to control that a bit but I still play some crap if my opponent gets lucky on me....

20 hours ago, Champsinmaking said:

Everyone will be on tilt on some day at some point, if they say no that's a lie. Yes, there is a tilt in my game sometimes - All I do is try to avoid being tilt.

If someone jam with nothing and hit runner runner, even we smile and say good catch, the background of that hand runs until you win a big pot again in same session. I try to avoid this by taking a little break for coffee etc not to rush my game if I'm feeling that way. I'm in a stage that i accept the fact people gets lucky and I'm ok with that. If there is tilt in game better take off for that day instead playing and losing more. I can balance it now. 

Adding to it, I'll sometimes feel like a gambling day and do lot gambling like 3 bets heavy pre, big bets all streets or jam with K high pre, hit and run in a hour or so. If I lose I'm ok in that session. On these days my success rate is surprisingly good actually.