All poker questions/discussions here....

CricPokChic

• 1 month later...

One of the hand I would.like to discuss.....I am UTG and got pocket A's(starting stack 470) in a 2/5 NL .I raised 30...5 players called including a tight player who hardly played any hands in past 1 hr....flop 10c7c3s....am first to act since both small and big blind folded preflop....I bet 65 into a 120 pot....other players folded and this tight player who didnt played any hand went all in for around 400....I have seen the same guy cracking aces earlier by going all in with a flush draw .....I thought about calling for 2 mins and then finally folded ....I put him on either pocket10's or 7's(if he has a over pair he would have raised me preflop)or a flush draw and I really dont want to go for a flip.....

11 minutes ago, BGBOSS said:

One of the hand I would.like to discuss.....I am UTG and got pocket A's(starting stack 470) in a 2/5 NL .I raised 30...5 players called including a tight player who hardly played any hands in past 1 hr....flop 10c7c3s....am first to act since both small and big blind folded preflop....I bet 65 into a 120 pot....other players folded and this tight player who didnt played any hand went all in for around 400....I have seen the same guy cracking aces earlier by going all in with a flush draw .....I thought about calling for 2 mins and then finally folded ....I put him on either pocket10's or 7's(if he has a over pair he would have raised me preflop)or a flush draw and I really dont want to go for a flip.....

@Nellore_peddareddi please help 

11 hours ago, BGBOSS said:

In short for your stack size it's a never fold. If he is on flush draw he is flipping not you. You can beat like zillion hands on that flop.    You might be up against K10 A10 Q10 Jacks and Queens as well. Jack's and Queens sometime take a different route to flat pre when someone with strong range opens pre i.e you and your range is AK or Ak with one club as well. In general in this spots you win 85 percent. If you fold here in long run you're losing lot and you are easy to play. Even if you're behind for your stack you should call. I'm not against your fold but you will be having best hand not only best you crush him in these spots almost all the time. (I'm not sure if you block a club here or not)

38 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

In short for your stack size it's a never fold. If he is on flush draw he is flipping not you. You can beat like zillion hands on that flop.    You might be up against K10 A10 Q10 Jacks and Queens as well. Jack's and Queens sometime take a different route to flat pre when someone with strong range opens pre i.e you and your range is AK or Ak with one club as well. In general in this spots you win 85 percent. If you fold here in long run you're losing lot and you are easy to play. Even if you're behind for your stack you should call. I'm not against your fold but you will be having best hand not only best you crush him in these spots almost all the time. (I'm not sure if you block a club here or not)

Ok....I didnt block Ac...as you said he might have A10 or K10....if this is against anyother player on the table...I would have made an instant call...

Going forward, I will call in the same scenario

12 hours ago, BGBOSS said:

Atla etla fold chesav ba

Ni daggara two A lu unte enduku folded 

30 minutes ago, Hydrockers said:

Atla etla fold chesav ba

Ni daggara two A lu unte enduku folded 

I put him on a set .....so folded...is it correct.or not ani telusukondamaney ikkada post chesa

3 minutes ago, BGBOSS said:

I put him on a set .....so folded...is it correct.or not ani telusukondamaney ikkada post chesa

it makes more sense to fold against a tight player who hardly played any hand for last 1 hour. He might have caught a set and given that he did all-in and you just loosing around 20% of your stack or so at this point instead of loosing 100%. Good play tho in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, TechAdvice said:

it makes more sense to fold against a tight player who hardly played any hand for last 1 hour. He might have caught a set and given that he did all-in and you just loosing around 20% of your stack or so at this point instead of loosing 100%. Good play tho in my opinion.

Tight player antey he is a good player if he really flopped a set he wouldn’t go all in he would have 3-bet.. all in poindu antey he might have flopped a top top with No club or two pair...he either want to flip or he put you on AK or AQ kinda hand with clubs or something where he doesn’t want to see a turn card or over cards.... if you are watching him antey even he is watching your game as well... appudu A’s crack cheysindu anni you folding is not right decision.. you should always call 

13 hours ago, BGBOSS said:

I believe you did the right thing.

I'd put him on pocket 10s rather than pocket 7s.. (mainly coz being a tight player, he called 30 pre-flop).

__My first post here__ 🙌

3 hours ago, BGBOSS said:

Ok....I didnt block Ac...as you said he might have A10 or K10....if this is against anyother player on the table...I would have made an instant call...

Going forward, I will call in the same scenario

I'm not saying to call next time you play. There are many reasons where you can fold or call. Make your best decision. All I'm saying is in your spot with your stack and if you don't even block a club there is a better chance for him to hold that. Flopping sets isn't easy. And usually in your range you don't usually hold draws on that board for the opponent to push you away from hand. So in this scenario I call.

Next time you play it, the board texture might be different and it might not be a heads-up call after flop. So consider all options before you do. If you don't feel playing it's ok to fold any hand after flop unless you have nuts. But specifically in this spot I prefer call here on this specific hand. Just as I said it looked like you're folding more than you need to based on this hand with your stack size, which isn't good for game.

And finally if you are playing him and if you're pretty sure of the guys image and he have Set you're ok to fold and I don't blame that move as well. I can't be in your spot to know why you picked that route folding. So your judgement might be good as well. But GTO says to call here.