Amartya Sen describes Indian caste divisions as ‘anti-national’ at London School of Economics

Beardman

27 minutes ago, uttermost said:

vammoo.. inni saarlu hint ichina, nenu cheppindhi joke ani artham cheskoleka poynaava.

enni saarlu prove chesthav nee meedha oka btech seat waste ayyindni ani. ika chaalu aapu.sFun_duh2

Oreyy nee face ki joke eyyadam kooda vachaaaa idhi ra peddha joke ante mcdonalds vasthe caste disappear avadam entrareyy malli jokeuu nee pookuu anukuntuuu sollu chepthunnaavv ra arey labham ledu finak stage ki vachesaavv

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uttermost

• LuciferMorningStar

• thillana_thillana

• aakathaai

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, uttermost said:

there's no caste in India. Its slowly disappearing, because everyone can eat in mcdonalds, and dominos these days, if they have the money.

stop dividing India.

aa mcdonalds lone thintu janalu ye topic lenattu only caste gurinchi matladukutunnatha varaku emi upayogam undadhu..

America lanti country ki vacchi kooda caste based ga vidipoyi TANA, NATA, ATA ila groups form chesukuni kottuku chasthunnaru ppl..no caste in india naa? what are you talking...

12 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

Abolishing caste system is the solution. But no Politician would support that! 

yeah. politicians should support it, and pass resolutions and legislations, so we don't have to do the hard work of shaming/challenging our parents, relatives, peers, and ourselves of the casteist sh1t we practise.

very easy that way. If there's an app for abolishing caste, it'll be even better.

2 hours ago, nokia123 said:

aa mcdonalds lone thintu janalu ye topic lenattu only caste gurinchi matladukutunnatha varaku emi upayogam undadhu..

America lanti country ki vacchi kooda caste based ga vidipoyi TANA, NATA, ATA ila groups form chesukuni kottuku chasthunnaru ppl..no caste in india naa? what are you talking...

why TANA, etc.. this db is full of casteists, who claim they don't know what caste is, because they were raised in Hyd, or some such sh1t. 

I'm estimating 99% of posters here are casteists, who are triggered if someone says something against uppercaste, even though they can never say why, if they don't care about caste, they identify themselves as a particular group.

compared to them aakathai is very honest. He's true blue aryan brahmin boi who wants the golden days when people understood their place, and role in society. Atleast he could be lynched when he opens his mouth in support of suppressing others. Rest of them, cloak their bigotry with self righteousness. Its impossible to talk to such hypocrites.

3 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

bunch of jokers in this db. lol.

Which includes you too..!

you are a casteist moron too.. who wants politician to solve a problem that you and people around you contribute to.

Just now, LuciferMorningStar said:

"you are a casteist moron too.. who wants politician to solve a problem that you and people around you contribute to".

I'm an Atheist &  a Liberal. I don't know what caste you're talking about. Never heard of it before! 

who says an atheist cannot be casteist? who says liberal cannot be casteist?

if you don't recognize this db is full of casteists, shadow boxing about CBN, Jagan, KCR, then you are a casteist. 

Just now, LuciferMorningStar said:

if you don't recognize this db is full of casteists, shadow boxing about CBN, Jagan, KCR, then you are a casteist. 

So If I don't agree with you, I become a Casteist? 
Atheist & Casteist are oxymoron! 
If you've come across anyone claiming they're Atheist but at the same time they're Casteist, then they're hypocrites. 

Atheism is not anti casteism. lol. Only privileged upper caste people in India have the luxury to spew sh1t about atheism this, and that. Nobody cares about us morons. Even I'm an atheist. so what?

if you expect a politician to solve casteism, its obvious you do that because your privilege allows you to. In fact, your privilege is so entrenched that you risk it by questioning your relatives, parents, peers when they show casteist tendencies (which is very common in normal life in India, even in urban places).

either you are a very rich lower caste boi (very rare), or regular middle class upper caste boi (very very likely).. I went by the lattter, and assumed that you are a casteist. simple.

You have to be outright anti casteist, otherwise you are a casteist. simple. Atheism doesn't cut it. Its like a baseline. Lets not pretend as atheists face discrimination in India.

8 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

If you've come across anyone claiming they're Atheist but at the same time they're Casteist, then they're hypocrites. 

How many Hindutva fcuks are atheists? as far as I know, a sizeable minority, among uppercastes who are atheists are also cultural nationalists - Hindutva.

are they anti casteists too? will they challenge Hindutva leaders and try to change the conversation on caste in more egalitarian terms, not loaded with references to Hindu mythology? They obviously won't.

A lot of atheists are just opportunists, fighting a battle that was won long ago, atleast in India. In fact, a lot of atheists in India are plain bigots, unless they are also anti-Hinduism. It makes no sense to call yourself an atheist, otherwise.

11 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

What don't you agree about what i said?

I, for one, don't agree with your claim that politicians can solve casteism, even they want to.. 

what do you not agree with among what I said? you don't agree that you are a casteist? but I was just making a guess with that. may be you are not casteist. feel free to ignore what I said, if you are not one.

just don't make silly claims about atheism's scope. Casteism isn't even in the scope of atheism.