Amartya Sen describes Indian caste divisions as ‘anti-national’ at London School of Economics

Beardman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uttermost

• LuciferMorningStar

• thillana_thillana

• aakathaai

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

who says an atheist cannot be casteist? who says liberal cannot be casteist?

if you don't recognize this db is full of casteists, shadow boxing about CBN, Jagan, KCR, then you are a casteist. 

So If I don't agree with you, I become a Casteist? 
Atheist & Casteist are oxymoron! 
If you've come across anyone claiming they're Atheist but at the same time they're Casteist, then they're hypocrites. 

lets see.. if you are Hindutva, or Indian patriot, or some kind of Indian nationalist, or a regionalist, then you are extremely likely a casteist. you just don't know it, may be.

Just now, LuciferMorningStar said:

You don't get to decide who's casteist & who's not.

then you should stop making stupid claims about who can solve casteism.

1 minute ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

I beg to differ. Gauri Lankesh & Narendra Dhabolkar were killed by you know who.

so are you anti-Hinduism? If you are, then you are probably anti casteist too. only probably. 

1 minute ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

Don't throw mud at everyone you oppose. If an Atheist (& a Liberal ) is against freedom of speech then what's the difference between that atheist & a bigot? Who would save freedom of speech.

your original statement abotu politicians not wanting to solve casteism is a disgusting one. Indian society is casteist. its not politicians who created it, and it won't be they who solve it. 

1 minute ago, Staysafebro said:

Reservation rice bag scammers crying in this thread!!

Hindutva liberals getting exposed for lack of relevant things to say on the topic.

5 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

No matter who the other person is, you ought to respect his views.  There should always be a healthy debate not name calling.

your original view didn't deserve any respect. It was something a privileged tone deaf upper caste moron would say in a regular conversation.

Just now, LuciferMorningStar said:

"lets see.. if you are Hindutva, or Indian patriot, or some kind of Indian nationalist, or a regionalist, then you are extremely likely a casteist. you just don't know it, may be".

"a regionalist""then you are extremely likely a casteist"

Dravida Principles/Politics  have always been against Upper Caste hegemony& Anti Hindi &

they like their state & language. 

It is not wrong if someone likes his/her native place. That doesn't make them Catseist.

Lot of Hindutva folks are City dwellers. That includes people from every caste including your caste.

Dravida politics has descended into casteism about 20-25yrs ago. you are too late. I was born and raised in TamilNadu. do you want a history of casteism in TN?

One becomes  a casteist, not because he likes his/her native place, but when one makes excuses for the horrible politics of that place. If you make excuses for anti reservation sentiment - then you are a casteist. If you make excuses for dalits murder in TN, then you are a casteist.

What are you even arguing about, btw?

do you agree or not, that people around you are casteist, and that you, and to an extent I, are too cowardly to resist them, instead placing our bets on politicians to solve it? 

There's no other discussion to be had with you. If you felt bad about me calling you casteist, pls ignore it. May be you are just a modern indian who doesn't care about anything, which is probably better than a Hindutva apologist. So lets leave it at that.

do you want me to apologise for calling you casteist? Ok. I apologise. bye 

17 minutes ago, uttermost said:

Hindutva liberals getting exposed for lack of relevant things to say on the topic.

Yeah right!! We have to listen to people who take advantage of someone’s poverty in order to garner votes. It is people like you who has kept them in their castes so that they will vote for you out of desperation.

Just now, Staysafebro said:

Yeah right!! We have to listen to people who take advantage of someone’s poverty in order to garner votes. It is people like you who has kept them in their castes so that they will vote for you out of desperation.

no. you just have to grow a brain.