Quinoa vs Chapati

kevinUsa

5 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Intermittent fasting regulates ghrelin and leptin levels more than breaking lunch into smaller portions. Practically experimented and observed. 

IF is not everyone, mere thought of not eating triggers a self preservation mode in me causing over eating a meal later

but i agree with you,  this is why fasting is ingrained in hindu spirituality.. not superstition after all as Goras told us to believe

4 minutes ago, Michaelbarbosa said:

Dude @tennisluvr where do you get these from 

Einkhorn grain or Ezekiel bread

do you prepare your own bread ?? 

I used to get it previously bread from stores which is preservative free and by regular bread making process which usually takes a day or two.

There is one bread maker in Chicago who sells that einkhorn bread 

I don't eat much bread, and I get these from a local foodstore that sells both grains of that Wheat. I have tried preparing my own bread in the past and it's fairly easy to do so, spend a few hours on the weekend and you will have a supply for the whole week. 

49 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Insulin affects diabetes and obesity more than any other hormone, it's not a joke it's a fact. Anyone that has a basic idea of nutrition science and hormonal regulation knows this. 

insulin effect cheyadu ani nenu cheppala...you reffered to as insulin spike itself is bad..yes..its bad if your body cant handle it..if i am eating healthy rest of the day and having chapathi for lunch with lot of curry it is not going to do anything to me...even if you take tht meal into act..there will not be a lot of insulin spike bcoz it will be regulated by the fibre in the curry we take..thts the reason we asked to take more curry than rice/chapathi

34 minutes ago, Nellore Pedda reddy said:

Glycemic index is overrated, eat whatever you feel like eating 

35+, over weight unte risk of pre-diabetic; by regulating it you can avoid diabetes otherwise you will have to live on insulin medication forever. Fat around tummy means you have high chnaces of becoming pre-diabetic; pre-diabetic can be cured with good diet and sometimes intermittent fasting helps.

if you are an active person it doesn’t matter 

7 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

35+, over weight unte risk of pre-diabetic; by regulating it you can avoid diabetes otherwise you will have to live on insulin medication forever. Fat around tummy means you have high chnaces of becoming pre-diabetic; pre-diabetic can be cured with good diet and sometimes intermittent fasting helps.

if you are an active person it doesn’t matter 

True, I was talking about normal people without any health issues

8 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

IF is not everyone, mere thought of not eating triggers a self preservation mode in me causing over eating a meal later

but i agree with you,  this is why fasting is ingrained in hindu spirituality.. not superstition after all as Goras told us to believe

For IF, you need to give it sometime. You might try incrementing your fasting window slowly 

9 hours ago, idibezwada said:

gluten is overrated...i feel like ikkadollu market cheskodaniki edo okati modaledtaru...i may be wrong...manakunna resistanceki picha lite anipistadi

Manaku anta kadu kani north indians and American lo not uncommon(basically for whom wheat is a staple food). The disease is called celiac disease; after effects baya nak untayi padani vallaku; body ceases to absorb any vitamins if you have celiac as it distroys vile(bacteria) in small intestine and lead to more complications  ;  you can ask your doctor for a test and is a simple one(i got tested based on coworkers during yearly checkup). There are situations where you can be exposed to gluten all your life and be OK and then develop celiac disease, knowing it beforehand and avoiding gluten foods help

• 5 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 9:15 AM, kevinUsa said:

chapati

quinoa tinte edo fibre tinnatu untundi.

basically tasteless untundi. quinoa. 

Due to lack of time, I cook Quinoa rice most of the time. The first time I cooked it with just the rice, I could not eat even 2 spoons - it tasted like grass and I left it in the refrigerator. On the 8th day when there was nothing cooked to eat in the house, I was cleaning up and throwing away old stuff from the refrigerator but the Quinoa still smelled fine and I ate a bit and I liked it - maybe because I was hungry (not sure why it tasted like grass when it was freshly cooked).

I needed to polish my recipe to perfection. By doing some experiments, I devised a simple recipe so I could eat it everyday:

• Quinoa rice
  • Oil
  • Salt
  • Garlic
  • And here is the secret ingredient - use real ROMA TOMATOES only. These are creamy and sweet and make the rice taste yummy. Any other tomatoes will ruin it and make it taste like ___blank___. The choice of tomatoes will make or break your recipe! Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
  • Use 2 cups of water for each cup of rice. It needs to come out soft and a bit mushy (like UPMA) so you can eat it everyday which is what you want. Less water would make it chewy like an occasional salad.

Throw everything into a pressure cooker and cook it (I use the super Zojirushi Rice+Pressure cooker or sometimes the smart Instant Pot Max). You may have to vary the water level a bit if using a traditional pressure cooker. Not using a pressure cooker may turn out it to be not mushy and it would be like eating a hard/chewy Upma.

With trial and error, you can perfect your recipe. You can customize the above by adding some veggies like peas, carrots, green beans, boiled potatoes, chicken (cooked chicken pieces if using a rice cooker), eggs, cilantro, mint, ginger, onions, etc.

Since Quinoa is a gluten-free seed (not a grain) and a complete protein, you can live off eating it everyday. Also good for WEIGHTLOSS and better sleep. The best thing about this Quinoa rice recipe is that it is always fluffy like Upma even after refrigerating it - unlike the white rice that turns into a cake and not fluffy once it is left in the refrigerator. If it doesn’t taste yummy that you could it everyday, it means you did not cook it right.

You could buy Quinoa rice from Amazon or from IFSBulk.com.

Triple washed and neat from Viva Labs/Naturals (I prefer this) -
https://www.amazon.com/Viva-Naturals-Organic-Quinoa-Bag/dp/B00JPJRQ7W

Cheaper, a bit darker but almost the same taste -
https://www.ifsbulk.com/search?Q=quinoa

HTH and good luck!

31 minutes ago, MobileMusic said:

Due to lack of time, I cook Quinoa rice most of the time. The first time I cooked it with just the rice, I could not eat even 2 spoons - it tasted like grass and I left it in the refrigerator. On the 8th day when there was nothing cooked to eat in the house, I was cleaning up and throwing away old stuff from the refrigerator but the Quinoa still smelled fine and I ate a bit and I liked it - maybe because I was hungry (not sure why it tasted like grass when it was freshly cooked).

I needed to polish my recipe to perfection. By doing some experiments, I devised a simple recipe so I could eat it everyday:

• Quinoa rice
  • Oil
  • Salt
  • Garlic
  • And here is the secret ingredient - use real ROMA TOMATOES only. These are creamy and sweet and make the rice taste yummy. Any other tomatoes will ruin it and make it taste like ___blank___. The choice of tomatoes will make or break your recipe! Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
  • Use 2 cups of water for each cup of rice. It needs to come out soft and a bit mushy (like UPMA) so you can eat it everyday which is what you want. Less water would make it chewy like an occasional salad.

Throw everything into a pressure cooker and cook it (I use the super Zojirushi Rice+Pressure cooker or sometimes the smart Instant Pot Max). You may have to vary the water level a bit if using a traditional pressure cooker. Not using a pressure cooker may turn out it to be not mushy and it would be like eating a hard/chewy Upma.

With trial and error, you can perfect your recipe. You can customize the above by adding some veggies like peas, carrots, green beans, boiled potatoes, chicken (cooked chicken pieces if using a rice cooker), eggs, cilantro, mint, ginger, onions, etc.

Since Quinoa is a gluten-free seed (not a grain) and a complete protein, you can live off eating it everyday. Also good for WEIGHTLOSS and better sleep. The best thing about this Quinoa rice recipe is that it is always fluffy like Upma even after refrigerating it - unlike the white rice that turns into a cake and not fluffy once it is left in the refrigerator. If it doesn’t taste yummy that you could it everyday, it means you did not cook it right.

You could buy Quinoa rice from Amazon or from IFSBulk.com.

Triple washed and neat from Viva Labs/Naturals (I prefer this) -
https://www.amazon.com/Viva-Naturals-Organic-Quinoa-Bag/dp/B00JPJRQ7W

Cheaper, a bit darker but almost the same taste -
https://www.ifsbulk.com/search?Q=quinoa

HTH and good luck!

GP , costo lo quinoa bagane undi , compared to the above , cheap kuda anukunta , wife cooked it with tomatoes , carrots and other veggies , not bad