Do anyone use a CPAP machine while sleeping ?

Android_Halwa

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

As per my observation, atleast 30-40% of the desis have some level of sleep apnea. 

Most of us hesitate to get a sleep test done and don;t take this serious. abnormal weight gain is one such side effect. 

if youu experience restless ness, drowsy during the day, tired in the morning hours, don;t feel like getting up from bed even after a long night of sleep, do NOT ignore and get a sleep test done..

f you have snoring problem, then it is a case of sleep apnea.

Asalu sleep apnea antey enti? ekkuva time paduovadama? entha padukunna lechaakaenergitic anpiyakapovadama? padukodanki try chesna nidra rakapovadama?  need some help in understanding..

Just now, Guest said:

neeku unda 

I have mild sleep apnea. 

I don't snoar but my alert events are higher than normal...i sleep actively for only 40 mins per hour, the other 20 prety much alert if not awake. 

1 minute ago, Tyler_durden said:

Asalu sleep apnea antey enti? ekkuva time paduovadama? entha padukunna lechaakaenergitic anpiyakapovadama? padukodanki try chesna nidra rakapovadama?  need some help in understanding..

quality of sleep. 

You would still sleep for 8 hours but the qiality of sleep lacking aitadi. 

you would be sleeping, but brain will be pretty much awake. 

7 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

I have mild sleep apnea. 

I don't snoar but my alert events are higher than normal...i sleep actively for only 40 mins per hour, the other 20 prety much alert if not awake. 

short nap after lunch would help a lot..i feel drowsy sometimes after lunch..car la Kelli nap yesi vastha if not home 

also stress adds more to your quality of sleep. Calm mind, protein food like quinoa instead of rice n chicken etc., in the noon and short nap should help 

I had done apnea test like 6 yrs ago when I was complaining that i feel too sleepy afternoons. Result was normal..was told to follow the stuff I mentioned above

7 minutes ago, jbourne said:

Does excessive use of mobile during the bed time results to this ?? 

well, excessive use of mobile during bed time may not be contributing to sleep apnea, but then again, you seems to be using mobile more because you are not able to sleep properly. 

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

short nap after lunch would help a lot..i feel drowsy sometimes after lunch..car la Kelli nap yesi vastha if not home 

also stress adds more to your quality of sleep. Calm mind, protein food like quinoa instead of rice n chicken etc., in the noon and short nap should help 

I had done apnea test like 6 yrs ago when I was complaining that i feel too sleepy afternoons. Result was normal..was told to follow the stuff I mentioned above

Oh yeah, stress, life style habits, weight, fat percentage, etc  will also matter a lot apart from smoking, alcohol consumption etc...

Two years back I got this test done and have taken some steps, it has improved a lot. Eating rice for dinner is the culprit in my case. replaced with salad and fruits and sometimes boiled chicken and eggs. and some routine exercises, yoga and some precautions, Now i don't use CPAP machine anymore but when I have a long day or tired, I use CPAP.

7 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

well, excessive use of mobile during bed time may not be contributing to sleep apnea, but then again, you seems to be using mobile more because you are not able to sleep properly. 

May be until my eyes aren’t tired I don’t get sleep for some reason.

13 minutes ago, Guest said:

Nenu kuda but naaku baga tinte aa feeling ostadii. So i control the portion that I am eating. Even if there is little more left than what I eat regularly I stop eating that small portion to finish off/ not to waste it. 

• 4 years later...