• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Merabharathmahan

• Spartan

• user789

• Pumpuhaar

7 minutes ago, Spartan said:

yes you can open

account alane untadi...it grows or shrinks depending on ur investment.

say account open chesina 3 years tarvata spouse kooda work start chesi income perigithe eligibility to contribute to Roth IRA potadi kada so complete ga pause cheseyala contribution? Account still open untada contribution cheyakunte? 

Investment funds ela pick cheskovali if we have no knowledge. Can they manage and pick good funds by taking some fee?  h1b vallu allowed aa. Contractors specially? Ekkada open cheste better. 

3 minutes ago, Merabharathmahan said:

say account open chesina 3 years tarvata spouse kooda work start chesi income perigithe eligibility to contribute to Roth IRA potadi kada so complete ga pause cheseyala contribution? Account still open untada contribution cheyakunte? 

Investment funds ela pick cheskovali if we have no knowledge. Can they manage and pick good funds by taking some fee?  h1b vallu allowed aa. Contractors specially? Ekkada open cheste better. 

@Spartan   one and only 

Even if you do not contribute the account status doesnt go stale. 

Certain years it may make sense to contribute to roth and certain years it may not. End of the day it is your account and you have nothing to worry. 

Whichever financial institute you use it remains there. I use Charles Schwab

if you are using Vanguard, use target retirement funds and relax. Target retirement funds are 90% stock and 10% bonds. 

If you are not eligible you have to stop contributing to Roth. You can continue previous investments till you are 59 years old.

18 minutes ago, Merabharathmahan said:

eligibility poyaka u cannot contribute..but account will still be active

u can play around with existing funds as well...

neeku funds picking idea lekapote free session untadi okati..they can guide u.. or u choose a balanced fund or aggressive fund depending on ur expectations.

ne pata thread lo vesa konni fund lists.

11 minutes ago, msp_gsp said:

if you are using Vanguard, use target retirement funds and relax. Target retirement funds are 90% stock and 10% bonds. 

If you are not eligible you have to stop contributing to Roth. You can continue previous investments till you are 59 years old.

Vanguard Target retirement 2030 fund bagundata. Motham dabbulu ee okka fund lone pettala? I mean if i start with $500 today. 

Roth IRA lo monthly compulsary minimum intha contribute cheyalane rule ledu kada? If we r on bench for 2 months then can we stop two months and then continue after that. Vanguard lo open cheste better or in any credit union banks if we have already savings account in it

Koncham explain cheyandi baa- How Roth IRA works...basic information with 1-2 examples

If we contribute X amount early -  When can we withdraw and what are the adv/disadav if we withdraw before 60/after 60 ..if we are not in US ....

How's it different that 401K...

You should not use 2030. nee age chinnadhi kabatti  use 2045 or 2050 so you will get maximum refunds. You dont need to invest regularly. What I will do is I will put money in vanguard settlement account (Kind of savings account associated to roth IRA account) whenever I have excess money in savings account. When Market is down, transfer funds from settlement account to Retirement account. Please note you can always withdraw your contributions anytime without paying any penalty. 

You can withdraw these funds when you are 59. You can also withdraw if you are purchasing first home (Max 10000) or your kids college education.

Difference is Roth IRA is after tax money so you will not pay any taxes when you are withdrawing at 59. Traditional (401) is pretaxed money but you will pay taxes at 65 when you are withdrawing money

Just now, Merabharathmahan said:

Vanguard lo Target 2030 ela untadi

Just now, msp_gsp said:

You should not use 2030. nee age chinnadhi kabatti  use 2045 or 2050 so you will get maximum refunds. You dont need to invest regularly. What I will do is I will put money in vanguard settlement account (Kind of savings account associated to roth IRA account) whenever I have excess money in savings account. When Market is down, transfer funds from settlement account to Retirement account. Please note you can always withdraw your contributions anytime without paying any penalty. 

You can withdraw these funds when you are 59. You can also withdraw if you are purchasing first home (Max 10000) or your kids college education.

Difference is Roth IRA is after tax money so you will not pay any taxes when you are withdrawing at 59. Traditional (401) is pretaxed money but you will pay taxes at 65 when you are withdrawing money