———

Merabharathmahan

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

1 credit

@Spartan  uncle checked online, it shows I have 4 credits for that particular year, looks like we don't have to work entire year to collect 4credits 

below is the info

How Credits Are Earned

The way you earn a credit has changed over the years. Currently, when you work and pay Social Security taxes, you earn up to a maximum of four "credits" per year.

Before 1978, employers reported your earnings every 3 months and we called credits "quarters of coverage," or QCs. Back then, you got a QC or credit if you earned at least $50 in a 3-month calendar quarter.

In 1978, employers started reporting your earnings just once a year. Credits are now based on your total wages and self-employment income throughout the year, no matter when during the year you did the work. You might work all year to earn four credits, or you might earn enough for all four in a much shorter length of time.

The amount of earnings it takes to earn a credit may change each year. In 2019, you must earn $1,360 in covered earnings to get one Social Security or Medicare work credit and $5,440 to get the maximum four credits for the year.

During your lifetime, you will probably earn more credits than the minimum number you need to be eligible for benefits. These extra credits do not increase your benefit amount. The average of your earnings over your working years, not the number of credits you earn, determines how much your monthly payment will be.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:07 PM, summer27 said:

i logged into my account and it shows only monthly benefits i get apart from my yearly earnings.

Total entha amount ekkadutundi?

Link pls