Spiritual path - no trollings and dobbudu please

kothavani

12 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

guruvu as generally chaala avasaram, but initial states lo its easy to get carried away by so called gurujis whose teaching are towards building a cult for themselves

but hinduism as it stands today got embedded by vested interests of those who protected the knowledge in the past, plus add the centuries of disinformation embedded by mughals, british and some of the noble souls (to control their power souls)

guru is more a career profession now than a noble soul who can show the path to others

instead of turning oneselves into a cult follower (like in case of Triple Sri, no pun towards followers), i would rather understand the teachings of bhagavad geeta first before delving deeper into spirituality and look for a right guru, this is going to be the foundation that no one can disturb as you evolve with more knowledge in the future

advantage of this approach is the chance of me turning into cult follower does not exists and my quest for deeper spiritualism enhances even further, my questions will be mature and help me drive forward further

Thank you Ok will check

37 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

guruvu as generally chaala avasaram, but initial states lo its easy to get carried away by so called gurujis whose teaching are towards building a cult for themselves

but hinduism as it stands today got embedded by vested interests of those who protected the knowledge in the past, plus add the centuries of disinformation embedded by mughals, british and some of the noble souls (to control their power souls)

guru is more a career profession now than a noble soul who can show the path to others

instead of turning oneselves into a cult follower (like in case of Triple Sri, no pun towards followers), i would rather understand the teachings of bhagavad geeta first before delving deeper into spirituality and look for a right guru, this is going to be the foundation that no one can disturb as you evolve with more knowledge in the future

advantage of this approach is the chance of me turning into cult follower does not exists and my quest for deeper spiritualism enhances even further, my questions will be mature and help me drive forward further

@gr33d

2 minutes ago, Beardman said:

Watch Russell Brand's Podcasts. That way you won't get tied up to a particular religion and philosophy.

Sanatha Dharma is beyond a religion, look inside first before looking outside

this is not applicable to confused souls though, I would rather trust something thats coming from ages than recent podcasts and richard dawkins/christopher hitchens, i am open to modern thoughts though, just saying as you brought up russell brand kind of thought replacing spirituality/religion

6 hours ago, kothavani said:

Asalu genuine and simple guruvulu unnara ipdu?  tried artofliving practices yoga were good but some how that group and process nachaledu ( me personally no offense) sadguru talks very good but he too seems hi fi for me went to his talks in Bay Area did not like three ranges of tickets etc ( me personally Emo ikada kuda e difference endi anipinchindi). Kodiga Ramana mahrshi teachings and followers simple ga anipistaru if you know any other Gurus teachings which genuinely touched your inner heart esukondi, asalu guruvu avsrama life lo if you are perfect , just to constantly remind you your path in life ?

You know, people  have done what the headspace app suggests. Many even achieved 'enlightenment' (it can't be put this way, since the line "Mr X is enlightened" itself is ill-formed). They have ended up in psychiatric wards. 

I even met a Telugu guy, who used to do meditation daily, achieved that state, like the way the headspace app did to some folks. He used to go to some Taiwanese Buddhist place. His state was called 'julai'. (He ended up being a Christian, when they could not figure out a way out of his problems). Anyway, this state is not stable, and can be seen as 'having gone crazy'. Buddhists call this stage "dark nights".  Reaching this state is easy, even guru is not necessary.  Some even say that having a guru can be become hindrance for this step. Only after this state, does 'one' need help from a guru: that's what the first line of "brahma sutras" say. Indians from Upanishadic times found a way to flip this stage to the next level; but this Upanishadic tradition died out, as Gita clearly shows. That's when other traditions sprang: they are "aagama" traditions. Here is where we see meditation, yoga, etc all kinds of techniques  being used.  

Here is an article you may find interesting:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190222020059/https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/a25651175/the-other-side-of-paradise-how-i-left-a-buddhist-retreat-in-handcuffs/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thích_Quảng_Đức Thich Quang Duc, a buddhist monk, self-immolated in Ho Chin mien just before the Vietnam war. A reporter who watched it wrote:

"I was to see that sight again, but once was enough. Flames were coming from a human being; his body was slowly withering and shriveling up, his head blackening and charring. In the air was the smell of burning human flesh; human beings burn surprisingly quickly. Behind me I could hear the sobbing of the Vietnamese who were now gathering. I was too shocked to cry, too confused to take notes or ask questions, too bewildered to even think ... As he burned he never moved a muscle, never uttered a sound, his outward composure in sharp contrast to the wailing people around him"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

Sanatha Dharma is beyond a religion, look inside first before looking outside

this is not applicable to confused souls though, I would rather trust something thats coming from ages than recent podcasts and richard dawkins/christopher hitchens, i am open to modern thoughts though, just saying as you brought up russell brand kind of thought replacing spirituality/religion

What do you mean by confused souls? The one who accepts god from every faith?

Then you are wrong

6 hours ago, r2d2 said:

I agree with you 100%.. AOL.. the breathing exercises are good up to some extent.. but they take it to the extremes.. the talking gurus are crap.. edutivaadiki cheppetanduke neethulu vuntaayi.. self help is best help.. I get stress relief by doing gardening.. playing Tennis.. reading a book etc..

anduke i dont like chaganti and garikapati 

13 minutes ago, Beardman said:

What do you mean by confused souls? The one who accepts god from every faith?

Then you are wrong

my definition of confused soul : those who are born into a religion through family and yet to understand their own religion first before jumping into other religions for variety of reasons, most being career/financial/networking related

rice bag converts are one such confused souls, they neither have their own religion they are born into nor the one they adopted, all they could see is rice bag

1 minute ago, soodhilodaaram said:

my definition of confused soul : those who are born into a religion through family and yet to understand their own religion first before jumping into other religions for variety of reasons, most being career/financial/networking related

rice bag converts are one such confused souls, they neither have their own religion they are born into nor the one they adopted, all they could see is rice bag

8 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

True, rice bag converts are confused souls.

6 hours ago, kothavani said:

Asalu genuine and simple guruvulu unnara ipdu?  tried artofliving practices yoga were good but some how that group and process nachaledu ( me personally no offense) sadguru talks very good but he too seems hi fi for me went to his talks in Bay Area did not like three ranges of tickets etc ( me personally Emo ikada kuda e difference endi anipinchindi). Kodiga Ramana mahrshi teachings and followers simple ga anipistaru if you know any other Gurus teachings which genuinely touched your inner heart esukondi, asalu guruvu avsrama life lo if you are perfect , just to constantly remind you your path in life ?

if you are paying for all this......i dont see what spirutality you are talking about, i see business. 

8 hours ago, AleAle said:

Positive negative anni chotla untay 

but the way u see matters

osho vi konni antisocial ga untay as we r living in society have to maintain certain rules ,osho ni wrong ga project chesaru ,ayna evarochepte chupiste judgemental avdam kanna niku em anpinchindo follow avdam correct 

osho books r good ,YouTube videos untay avi chudandi

0SHO check 3rd paragraph  - nsfw 

http://www.tantra-essence.com/2014/03/my-initiation/