Half of TSRTC to go private

hyperbole

22 hours ago, lovemystate said:

yes the best ***** to measure wealth creation is job creation - since jobs create goods and services (gross product) - gdp is a decent measure. Now I dont have go to philosophical side of it. But this is the general and accurate understanding of economics.

So when CBN went and marketed hyderabad to IT in USA he got those investments with just  few PPTs and words and some land bank and some great plans of hi-tec city area and golden mile, ORR and airport etc. And with his admin capability he ensured those land banks and plans translated in to effective reality which something indian politicians are notoriously incompetent. That created huge number of top quality and high paying jobs in hyderabad (even very less pollution compared to say factory jobs) and to serve them came huge ancillary jobs. All that is work and when work is done part of it creates wealth and part of it is simply consumed.

Now one can debate the ethics of it but nowhere I have seen such transformation solely through a political leader. And also you are mistaken there is really not much of an industry in gujarat or mah. Gujarat is basically reliance refiney and diamond cutting. Infact there is no compettive manufacturing industry in whole of india. A few export oriented business like refineries, textiles in coimbatore, software in south cities, pharma in hyd,  

hmm... I don't understand how you can attribute so much to CBN, when the software exports out of hyd was just $1b in 2004, when it was thrice that in bangalore, and even chennai (which actively avoided making a big show of IT) had more exports. Not just that, even today, This gap between bangalore/Hyd has stayed to this day.

sure, CBN did impress microsoft and got bill gates to open a development center in Hyd, but bangalore was offering bigger land banks to infosys and wipro, and even offered prime land near domlur to texas instruments.

it looks like CBN was at the right place at the right time. Nothing more than that. and that other states have higher volume of s/w exports than tg/ap(united) means that you don't need a cbn like leader to grow IT.

10 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

hmm... I don't understand how you can attribute so much to CBN, when the software exports out of hyd was just $1b in 2004, when it was thrice that in bangalore, and even chennai (which actively avoided making a big show of IT) had more exports. Not just that, even today, This gap between bangalore/Hyd has stayed to this day.

sure, CBN did impress microsoft and got bill gates to open a development center in Hyd, but bangalore was offering bigger land banks to infosys and wipro, and even offered prime land near domlur to texas instruments.

it looks like CBN was at the right place at the right time. Nothing more than that. and that other states have higher volume of s/w exports than tg/ap(united) means that you don't need a cbn like leader to grow IT.

ok i cant fight that battle ..lets agree to disagree... you need to know a bit of IT insider knowledge to understand the significance.  Also it is wrong to make CBN associate only with AP. He literally built the india brand as well simply as a consequence of promoting hyd. Hyd simply gained the most. I was there in hyd chennai through out that time. No indian staffing company like infy or tcs had any significant operation in hyd. Only when hyd was directly sold to clients in USA did they start opening centers there. Morover getting microsoft when the entire world was playing ground to US then (they fairly recently won cold war AND  microsoft was the richest corporation  then perhaps one of richest in world ) to a ram shackle hyd was a coup of sorts.  That man carried all the humiliation of rejection by corporate honcho (bill gates refused to meet him initially and later humiliatingly gave him 15 minutes to wrap up and leave). Which one of our politicians with fragile egos will accept it and who can engage a man like Bill gates for an entire hour way back in 1999. But anyway as i said its hard to engage on these things.

5 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

ok i cant fight that battle ..lets agree to disagree... you need to know a bit of IT insider knowledge to understand the significance.  Also it is wrong to make CBN associate only with AP. He literally built the india brand as well simply as a consequence of promoting hyd. Hyd simply gained the most. I was there in hyd chennai through out that time. No indian staffing company like infy or tcs had any significant operation in hyd. Only when hyd was directly sold to clients in USA did they start opening centers there. Morover getting microsoft when the entire world was playing ground to US then (they fairly recently won cold war AND  microsoft was the richest corporation  then perhaps one of richest in world ) to a ram shackle hyd was a coup of sorts.  That man carried all the humiliation of rejection by corporate honcho (bill gates refused to meet him initially and later humiliatingly gave him 15 minutes to wrap up and leave). Which one of our politicians with fragile egos will accept it and who can engage a man like Bill gates for an entire hour way back in 1999. But anyway as i said its hard to engage on these things.

endhi saami ni lolli..

aa thed lo 10 10garu.. ikkda vachava 

Kasmiris antav, TG antav - tenor.gif

Clear gaa argue cheyyi or 7LyfVS.gif

3 minutes ago, kidney said:

endhi saami ni lolli..

aa thed lo 10 10garu.. ikkda vachava 

Kasmiris antav, TG antav - tenor.gif

Clear gaa argue cheyyi or 7LyfVS.gif

rey intha clear ga unna neeku ardham kaakapothe pakkau 10gey. Nuvvu approve chesina topics ee discuss cheyyala ?

one more thing @crashnburn the IT in chennai early 2000s etc was almost fully brahmin. In fact jairam ramesh crowed that IT is the revenge of the brahmins. It was only in hyd you saw significant non-brahmin or majority non-brahmin employees. In fact this was generally not that liked by desi service companies like TCS, cognizant , infy whose top management was fully brahmin. they tried to fought off hyd as much as they can going to pune and even kolkotta for avoiding non-brahmins of hyd. Eventually the attraction of hyd was too strong to refuse.

27 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

personally, I would invest in a place that has the all right infra. including human, and other physical infra for an industry. Not because someone made a great presentation.

definitely agree that CBN went out of his way to and made everyone's heads turn. I had my first startup in 2005, and close associates who came to know that I'm telugu, first thing they used to tell me was 'CBN is awesome', even though I constantly had to remind them that I'm from Madras, not Hyd. i'm not sure if CBN built the India brand, or his own brand. I was out of India by the late 90s itself.

CBN was very available for these mega investors like Microsoft. but my dad had a very bad experience in the late 90s, after shiftin quarter of his production to Andhra on the promise of free power, and sales tax cut. that reimbursement never came. but my dad always held CBN in high esteem. that's probably class solidarity perhaps. I wouldn't know. he would vote for cbn until he passed away.

I think CBN would have been a bigger success if he focused on creating infra to augment food production in AP, and offering tax holidays to food processing units, than on IT.

but looks like CBN learnt that lesson the second time around, and aimed for comprehensive push of several sectors, than just focusing on one like last time. but sadly he didn't have the resources, and got stuck with amaravati which went nowhere.

1 minute ago, lovemystate said:

rey intha clear ga unna neeku ardham kaakapothe pakkau 10gey. Nuvvu approve chesina topics ee discuss cheyyala ?

adhera cheppedhi - antha clear ga reply isthe - pakkaku dhakuntavu, endhuku raa thappinchunchukoni thiruguthav.  nu ni #pulhora 

ae thed raa genuine ga post chesavu cheppu - aa thed lo reply istha @3$%

11 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

one more thing @crashnburn the IT in chennai early 2000s etc was almost fully brahmin. In fact jairam ramesh crowed that IT is the revenge of the brahmins. It was only in hyd you saw significant non-brahmin or majority non-brahmin employees. In fact this was generally not that liked by desi service companies like TCS, cognizant , infy whose top management was fully brahmin. they tried to fought off hyd as much as they can going to pune and even kolkotta for avoiding non-brahmins of hyd. Eventually the attraction of hyd was too strong to refuse.

brahmins have now moved to the latest flashy thing - startups. lol.

anyway.I wouldn't know about brahmin angle of IT, although its easy to note that early adopters of IT employment were almost all brahmin in Chennai. but I only saw effusive praise for CBN from these brahmins in Chennai. 

so your claim that they skipped Hyd, to avoid dealing with who they considered riff-raff is a bit too far fetched for me. as far as I know, I've not heard a single bad thing about CBN from uppercaste assholes I move with in Chennai.

the thing about business is, choosing/moving to a location is never made on emotion, or a whim, but is a calculative decision. I understand that doing business in India is hard, and a proactive CM like CBN could make things easy, but only if you were a significant investor.

the numbers tell that bangalore CM Krishna was way more successful in creating a brand out of IT,.

2 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

personally, I would invest in a place that has the all right infra. including human, and other physical infra for an industry. Not because someone made a great presentation.

definitely agree that CBN went out of his way to and made everyone's heads turn. I had my first startup in 2005, and close associates who came to know that I'm telugu, first thing they used to tell me was 'CBN is awesome', even though I constantly had to remind them that I'm from Madras, not Hyd. i'm not sure if CBN built the India brand, or his own brand. I was out of India by the late 90s itself.

CBN was very available for these mega investors like CBN. but my own dad had a very bad experience in the late 90s, after shiftin quarter of his production to Andhra on the promise of free power, and sales tax cut. that reimbursement never came. but my dad always held CBN in high esteem. that's probably class solidarity perhaps. I wouldn't know. he would vote for cbn until he passed away.

I think CBN would have been a bigger success if he focused on creating infra to augment food production in AP, and offering tax holidays to food processing units, than on IT.

but looks like CBN learnt that lesson the second time around, and aimed for comprehensive push of several sectors, than just focusing on one like last time. but sadly he didn't have the resources, and got stuck with amaravati which went nowhere.

ofcourse there were many failures of CBN. Not sufficiently recognizing the inherent injustice of indian and hindu society - maybe he thought those battles were way beyond him. The thing about him is he just plays the hand he has been dealt with without questioning and trying to refashion the society- he is no leader in that sense. Give him a city or state to admin he goes all out to deliver without wondering or ignoring that enriching a crooked society simply makes it a richer crooked society.  Having said that though he is still a one full level above any mass politician i have seen in india. In the end maybe its good he is defeated  he would have only strengthened india with all his hard work - i doubt he could change its character even a little bit.

1 minute ago, lovemystate said:

ofcourse there were many failures of CBN. Not sufficiently recognizing the inherent injustice of indian and hindu society - maybe he thought those battles were way beyond him. The thing about him is he just plays the hand he has been dealt with without questioning and trying to refashion the society- he is no leader in that sense. Give him a city or state to admin he goes all out to deliver without wondering or ignoring that enriching a crooked society simply makes it a richer crooked society.  Having said that though he is still a one full level above any mass politician i have seen in india. In the end maybe its good he is defeated  he would have only strengthened india with all his hard work - i doubt he could change its character even a little bit.

7LyfVS.gif

1 minute ago, crashnburn said:

brahmins have now moved to the latest flashy thing - startups. lol.

anyway.I wouldn't know about brahmin angle of IT, although its easy to note that early adopters of IT employment were almost all brahmin in Chennai. but I only saw effusive praise for CBN from these brahmins in Chennai. 

so your claim that they skipped Hyd, to avoid dealing with who they considered riff-raff is a bit too far fetched for me. as far as I know, I've not heard a single bad thing about CBN from uppercaste assholes I move with in Chennai.

easy to praise when far. Ofcourse most ordinary brahmins are not evil in a very cognizant way. They simply accept the benefits they get in an hierarchial society and look away at others - its more like evil by default. By the way  this also includes other feudal and allied castes too like kammas, reddies velamas etc but to a somewhat lesser extent.  But powerful brahmins still scheme and try to keep their leverage up. I still recollect the hesitation to move to hyd until its no longer possible to avoid it. But they were all gaga about pune, kolkotta. ofcourse its just my personal observation.

Just now, lovemystate said:

easy to praise when far. Ofcourse most ordinary brahmins are not evil in a very cognizant way. They simply accept the benefits they get in an hierarchial society and look away at others - its more like evil by default. By the way  this also includes other feudal and allied castes too like kammas, reddies velamas etc but to a somewhat lesser extent.  But powerful brahmins still scheme and try to keep their leverage up. I still recollect the hesitation to move to hyd until its no longer possible to avoid it. But they were all gaga about pune, kolkotta. ofcourse its just my personal observation.

7LyfVS.gif