Family vehemently criticised for not standing during the playing of the national anthem

DoraBabbu

1 minute ago, Amrita said:

Imperfections ki nenu tune avvalenu. I cant like them whether it be in my spouse or even my mother. I just understand their thought process and may be live with them . Same with them with my imperfections ani anukuntunna. Prema overlook somethings for sake of relationship . In my case its just that.  Adi na message ardham. 

It depends on how you define imperfections, but if you are in a relationship for a really long time, you will get over it. I find my them amusing actually, but again everyone is different. 

Just now, Pillipilla said:

It depends on how you define imperfections, but if you are in a relationship for a really long time, you will get over it. I find my them amusing actually, but again everyone is different. 

being in a long monogamous relationship is soul crushing for some.

5 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I mentioned my mom too. Yes its a very long relationship and i just don't see only positive things about her. Everyone is different. Agreed !

Btw getting over is different from liking them. Getting over / living with them yes i agree. 

4 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

country is not a person. also some countries have armies so large they can totally destroy its dissidents.

the imperfections we talk about here are not about piffling policy choices like free college tuition. we are talking about rape and murder in your name. would you be okay if your partner is a rapist? but you would be okay if your country killed and raped people in your name.

anyway you are free to love your country man. decency is overrated anyway. just know the game you are playing, and that you country is not a victim. it is in fact the biggest asshole nation in its region.

If you are talking about human right violation, then yes, I agree there are things that India has done that I am not proud of. 

5 minutes ago, Amrita said:

I mentioned my mom too. Yes its a very long relationship and i just don't see only positive things about her. Everyone is different. Agreed !

Btw getting over is different from liking them. Getting over / living with them yes i agree. 

I don't know if I just got over them, because I actually like those things about him. In the beginning, I found it annoying that he would go around the grocery finding things that are on sale and only buy those, that he would get free meals on deals and stuff like that. Being extravagant myself, I found that annoying. But as years passed by, I started liking it. I actually like those things about him because it defines him, I wouldn't take any less. It's how you see it. 

4 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

sure, still got to feed kids meat. I eat very rarely. In fact, I've eaten in the last 6 months.

I don't eat meat, I am vegetarian myself but I do things to animals that if PETA found out, will definitely have them take action. But would you say I am causing harm to animals for the greater good of mankind? Will that make me selfish?

8 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

If you are talking about human right violation, then yes, I agree there are things that India has done that I am not proud of. 

its not a question of whether you are proud of, or not. if given a position of power, do you see yourself changing course? and how?

as for me, I would decline the position of power, because the only way to change it is destroy it. I wish for its destruction. 

2 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I don't know if I just got over them, because I actually like those things about him. In the beginning, I found it annoying that he would go around the grocery finding things that are on sale and only buy those, that he would get free meals on deals and stuff like that. Being extravagant myself, I found that annoying. But as years passed by, I started liking it. I actually like those things about him because it defines him, I wouldn't take any less. It's how you see it. 

Okay . It depends on many factors just not how we see it. 

Just now, crashnburn said:

its not a question of whether you are proud of, or not. if given a position of power, do you see yourself changing course? and how?

as for me, I would decline the position of power, because the only way to change it is destroy it. I wish for its destruction. 

If I was given a position of power, I wouldn't take it, because that's not what I want to do with my life. I only have one life and I don't want to do anything else with it, than what I am doing now. 

1 minute ago, Pillipilla said:

I don't eat meat, I am vegetarian myself but I do things to animals that if PETA found out, will definitely have them take action. But would you say I am causing harm to a animals for the greater good of mankind? Will that make me selfish?

you are a cog in the wheel. it just makes you part of the system working towards your own specific goal.

you got to do what you got to do. but where  is the line? if a rat speaks up, you can't ask it to shut up and take the incisions because it benefits. your species.

3 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

If I was given a position of power, I wouldn't take it, because that's not what I want to do with my life. I only have one life and I don't want to do anything else with it, than what I am doing now. 

then find something better to do with your free time than half hearted attempts at justifying monstrosities for fun. or come up with something insanely clever and sociopathic to rile people up. 

Just now, crashnburn said:

you are a cog in the wheel. it just makes you part of the system working towards your own specific goal.

you got to do what you got to do. but where  is the line? if a rat speaks up, you can't ask it to shut up and take the incisions because it benefits. your species.

That's very true, this is exactly what we study in research ethics. We can't assume that what we are doing is ethical, especially because we define ethics the way we want it to be. That's exactly what I was trying to get to, when I started talking about animal violence because, being ethical is almost always dependent on how we define it to be. Now, we know that what India did in Kashmir is legal because they can change the law of the country. But we cannot say if it's ethical or not, because it depends on who we are talking to, I personally think that what they are doing in Kashmir is not ethical. But again, ethics are not well defined especially for a country.