How to not be egotistical about your achievements?

Meowalpha

20 minutes ago, Amrita said:

That voice you call it inside voice I call it god . Some call it nature some call it energy .

The voice inside you is who you are. No reason to find yourself in idols. 

Just now, Meowalpha said:

The voice inside you is who you are. No reason to find yourself in idols

God ante idol ah ? @3$%

I don’t do idol worship . 

The voice inside you is atman and that’s god or patamatma when you realize god .

ee PhD la gola mamulgaa undadu... too much bragging.. i have two cousins who completed their phd's and are doing research.. 

evo papers ani, citations ani, labs ani gola gola... na cousin okadu valla new lab gurinchi thega vayinchaadu.. velli chusthe akkada em ledu.. mana IT office lane undi.. 

i know lot of effort goes into writing those papers... may be normal people like us don't get it.. aithe enti ane attitude tho untaamu...

manam edanna pedda project complete chesthe, relatives friends andariki phone chesi cheppam kadaa... 

10 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

ee PhD la gola mamulgaa undadu... too much bragging.. i have two cousins who completed their phd's and are doing research.. 

evo papers ani, citations ani, labs ani gola gola... na cousin okadu valla new lab gurinchi thega vayinchaadu.. velli chusthe akkada em ledu.. mana IT office lane undi.. 

i know lot of effort goes into writing those papers... may be normal people like us don't get it.. aithe enti ane attitude tho untaamu...

manam edanna pedda project complete chesthe, relatives friends andariki phone chesi cheppam kadaa... 

When people in IT talk about their pay, I have the same peeling.

3 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

When people in IT talk about their pay, I have the same peeling.

People in IT talk mostly about visa issues... mesthri issues... 

they talk about pay only when they are changing jobs...

Just now, Thokkalee said:

People in IT talk mostly about visa issues... mesthri issues... 

they talk about pay only when they are changing jobs...

I can't relate to those two, but I feel like that about people in IT, like they live in a bubble. Atleast people in other firms have more exposure to other professions. 

1 minute ago, Meowalpha said:

I can't relate to those two, but I feel like that about people in IT, like they live in a bubble. Atleast people in other firms have more exposure to other professions. 

Brahmi Telugu GIF - Brahmi Telugu Telugufunny GIFs

Just now, Meowalpha said:

Arey ne citations na citations compare cheddam ra

02oSB9DLT-8Qkkrl0hVXFQF5P3qFUJaV6ll8YOfXi will never write something for citations...i may not have as many citations as well....i dont even know how many i have. who cares..except for a tenure at an r1 and they are useless.

2 minutes ago, galiraju said:

02oSB9DLT-8Qkkrl0hVXFQF5P3qFUJaV6ll8YOfXi will never write something for citations...i may not have as many citations as well....i dont even know how many i have. who cares..except for a tenure at an r1 and they are useless.

You shouldn't write anything for citations. Self-citations are not good. Actually even for tenure, citations are not useful. The only place they actually care about citations is when you're applying for GC. Besides that, no use really. That's why it is a fake sense of pride. I like it when someone recognizes my work ante. 

1 minute ago, Meowalpha said:

You shouldn't write anything for citations. Self-citations are not good. Actually even for tenure, citations are not useful. The only place they actually care about citations is when you're applying for GC. Besides that, no use really. That's why it is a fake sense of pride. I like it when someone recognizes my work ante. 

I already got my green card. So i don't care.