My thoughts about moving the capital to Vizag

JambaKrantu

13 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

I have never been to Vizag and probably never will. It's too far from Hyd or any other town that I am associated with in AP or TG..

The more I think about it Hyd will benefit more from this move. Vizag is geographically too far away from 70% of APs population. Most of the districts close to Hyd in AP will continue living and investing in Hyderabad and some Seema districts will pick Bangalore or Chennai..

For someone from Anantapur, Vizag will be 14 hours+ via road. From Prakasam district, Vizag will be 10+ hours, From Guntur it will be close to 9+ hours. From Kurnool Dist it will be 14+ hours, From Nellore it will be 12+ hours again.

Vizag will never be truly owned by people of AP.. I think it's the destiny of AP to never have a large metropolis like Hyderabad or Bangalore that will be owned by all the residents of that state..

Idhetta idhetta @psycopk   and @JambaKrantu  views itta kalispoyinaayi  ch.gif

2 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Paina meeku useful topic bro anthuke tagged...

Everyone is welcome to have their opinion. 

Jobs and economy create avuthe entha dooram Ina vastharu. Hyderabad lo entha Mandi north people leru. Blore entha Mandi outside states vallu leru. Vallu invest sesaru kada. 

Amaravati lo adi avvaledu 5 years lo. Vizag lo avuthada Leda annadi time will tell. I don't believe in this distance logic. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, snoww said:

Jobs and economy create avuthe entha dooram Ina vastharu.

Not when they have equal or better options close by. For example someone from Nandhyal or Guntur town will obviously pick Hyderabad over Vizag if they both offer the same amenities and opportunities. You can come and visit your parents and relatives every weekend if you are in a 3 to 5 hour drive. Geographical proximity to your family and home town is very important. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, snoww said:

Everyone is welcome to have their opinion. 

Jobs and economy create avuthe entha dooram Ina vastharu. Hyderabad lo entha Mandi north people leru. Blore entha Mandi outside states vallu leru. Vallu invest sesaru kada. 

Amaravati lo adi avvaledu 5 years lo. Vizag lo avuthada Leda annadi time will tell. I don't believe in this distance logic. 

Desis came to US for jobs and once they like it here they buy homes , start businesses etc. 

So all it matters is how good that place is to settle down. If economy and jobs flourish in that area people and investments will always come regardless of how far is that place from your original hometowns or geography of that place. 

6 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Not when they have equal or better options close by. For example someone from Nandhyal or Guntur town will obviously pick Hyderabad over Vizag if they both offer the same amenities and opportunities. You can come and visit your parents and relatives every weekend if you are in a 3 to 5 hour drive. Geographical proximity to your family and home town is very important. 

Not all have that parents and relatives priority. 

If vizag gives them more opportunities , then parents and relatives takes second place for some. Similar to how some people choosed US over Hyderabad or Bangalore for IT jobs. 

2 minutes ago, snoww said:

Desis came to US for jobs and once they like it here they buy homes , start businesses etc

So all it matters is how good that place is to settle down. 

Here the situation is that there are multiple options for people to settle down. So they will pick the place they are close to and familiar with rather than picking a place where they have to travel 10 hours+ and they are unfamiliar with. 

3 minutes ago, snoww said:

Not all have that parents and relatives priority. 

If vizag gives them more opportunities , then parents and relatives takes second place for some. Similar to how some people choosed US over Hyderabad or Bangalore for IT jobs. 

Do you honestly think Vizag can offer better opportunities compared to Hyd in the near future? No way.. So for the foreseeable future most of the people will chose Hyd over Vizag..