Tesla Computer Hardware Stuns Competitors: "We Cannot Do It"

hyperbole

4 hours ago, redsox said:

Overrated than Theranos?

Electric cars are all the rage now, but before Tesla came along, electric cars were synonymous to Prius/hybrid cars. They are far from perfect but What they’ve achieved in the span of a decade is commendable.

why didn’t other automakers with fat coffers achieve Tesla’s level of success in the electric car sector even when they’ve been working on R&D for decades?

All that is fine. Look at the heading and tone of the article. 'hardware stuns competitors' 'we cant do it'.. etc is just fcuking bullshit.

there's nothing that engineers can't do in the commercial space. There's no tech that cant be replicated. This is not the movies where one guy has all the knowledge and everyone else is eating off his hand.

working on r&d and translating it to practical products is very different. other companies couldn't do it because they are organizationally inefficient, not technologically.

like I said, its just an electric car. Its less complex than the ICE one. 

Theranos is a fraud company. This one is a pathetic puff piece on Tesla.

1 hour ago, idibezwada said:

anta scene ledu...of they strat partnering with McD it will be a game changer 

I think some other autonomous mobility startup will overtake Tesla. or the space will become incredbily fragmented with no clear winner., even if the old companies die out.

10 minutes ago, Agnes said:

All that is fine. Look at the heading and tone of the article. 'hardware stuns competitors' 'we cant do it'.. etc is just fcuking bullshit.

there's nothing that engineers can't do in the commercial space. There's no tech that cant be replicated. This is not the movies where one guy has all the knowledge and everyone else is eating off his hand.

working on r&d and translating it to practical products is very different. other companies couldn't do it because they are organizationally inefficient, not technologically.

like I said, its just an electric car. Its less complex than the ICE one. 

Theranos is a fraud company. This one is a pathetic puff piece on Tesla.

Yeah, the article might be BS but Tesla made electric cars all the rage again.

Bold: yes, that’s where Tesla succeded where everyone else failed. Plus a visionary tech guy leading the company is where they have their edge.

They are also like Google, Facebook and Amazon where they have their own data to work with, which will be a huge advantage going forward.

I like Tesla want to buy one, may be the after they develop some kind of rapid charging technology. Right now Tesla is not suitable for long drives or long day outs in big cities.. you have to constantly keep an eye on the range.

32 minutes ago, redsox said:

Yeah, the article might be BS but Tesla made electric cars all the rage again.

Bold: yes, that’s where Tesla succeded where everyone else failed. Plus a visionary tech guy leading the company is where they have their edge.

They are also like Google, Facebook and Amazon where they have their own data to work with, which will be a huge advantage going forward.

That's is the beauty. Its a data company, and a battery company for the most part. I can see a future where people download car designs and get it built in the local garage and just use Tesla or any other company's data to achieve autonomous driving or flying.

There are no visionaries in anything. I think Linus Torvalds who created Linux is probably the only accidental visionary, and even that is debatable since he hinders linux development by controlling the kernel completely.

especially in business, either Musk can be a successful businessman, pushing just one mode of living that is profitable to his company, or explore new areas like I mentioned above. lol. Otherwise he just built a google that can also move. 

2 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

I like Tesla want to buy one, may be the after they develop some kind of rapid charging technology. Right now Tesla is not suitable for long drives or long day outs in big cities.. you have to constantly keep an eye on the range.

you can go upto 190 miles per charge.. thats a lot i say..

Will Tesla beat the competition? I don't think so.

after more than a decade in this space, they have less than 1% market share, and their CEO's insistence that they do everything inhouse makes them unprofitable.

comparison's with Apple, Google are delusional. They became market leaders in no tme.

the simple truth is, the tech (especially battery tech, but to an extent AI too) is not mature enough to declare winners already.I would certainly not bet on Tesla.

Just now, Agnes said:

Will Tesla beat the competition? I don't think so.

after more than a decade in this space, they have less than 1% market share, and their CEO's insistence that they do everything inhouse makes them unprofitable.

comparison's with Apple, Google are delusional. They became market leaders in no tme.

the simple truth is, the tech (especially battery tech, but to an extent AI too) is not mature enough to declare winners already.I would certainly not bet on Tesla.

did you drive tsla?

vertical integration to the extent of even building own batteries is just too crazy. and then exploring market for batteries too.

whoever signed off on this plan are bad business people.

Tesla is like Amazon, that builds its own servers and chips. except its market share is less than 1%, and Amazon's is probably 99% (who knows)

Tesla could in fact be selling machinery to make your own car, and then sell batteries and other components needed to build them.

They'll make way more profit that way. 

may be I should do it. lol.

anyway the road will shift under Tesla. 

sure Musk is extremely smart to adapt to any changes that the market will throw on him.

but he will never be the sole leader in the space. Its bad that he chose a space like automobiles to become the leader.

There's a bigger chance of him becomng a market leader with spacex than with tesla. after he gets off govt's titties ofcourse.