Frustration

Ellen

3 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

Y

Most of the publications are ataka meeda madata pettina copies or used for other ataka meeda madata pette copies

4 minutes ago, BeautyQueen said:

Nothing rey drinking coffee and dbing lolgiphy.gif

Hiw was ur day 

Oka doubt Rey , are you related to dB aunty ?monna oka poll lo first contender ga vachav anta 

6 minutes ago, BeautyQueen said:

Nothing rey drinking coffee and dbing lolgiphy.gif

Hiw was ur day 

It went well ❤️ coffee lo konchem idi kalupuko....super untadi :P FirmTerribleArrowcrab-size_restricted.gi

19 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Most of the publications are ataka meeda madata pettina copies or used for other ataka meeda madata pette copies

Then why will others cite you? Besides, do you know how much new R&D happens in Universities and how much is invested in funding both by Government and private sector? 

1 minute ago, Cathedral said:

Then why will others cite you? Besides, do you know how much new R&D happens in Universities and how much is invested in funding both by Government and private sector? 

A lot is invested in R and D. I get what you are saying, probably it depends on the field of publishing kuda emo. from your posts i think you are into medicine, no doubt advances are medicine are extremely relevant. But in the field of CS...a lot of contributions are utter BS

2 minutes ago, Ellen said:

A lot is invested in R and D. I get what you are saying, probably it depends on the field of publishing kuda emo. from your posts i think you are into medicine, no doubt advances are medicine are extremely relevant. But in the field of CS...a lot of contributions are utter BS

CS is just one branch in Engineering right. I know a few folks in CS and Math who do research in sequencing and publish high impact papers. Good research and bad research is everywhere. That's why you see factors like citations and h-index. 

48 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

CS is just one branch in Engineering right. I know a few folks in CS and Math who do research in sequencing and publish high impact papers. Good research and bad research is everywhere. That's why you see factors like citations and h-index. 

Ya there are good ones, no denial in that. 

Also there is a harmful trend especially in software engineering these days is to just sneak some ML algorithm and gain publication. They are just publication machines...aiming for one paper  in 3 months. that has no significance

1 hour ago, Ellen said:

Ya there are good ones, no denial in that. 

Also there is a harmful trend especially in software engineering these days is to just sneak some ML algorithm and gain publication. They are just publication machines...aiming for one paper  in 3 months. that has no significance

There are multiple criteria, like if they are peer-reviewed or not and what is the impact factor of the journal. Anything less than impact factor 10 is trash. 

16 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

There are multiple criteria, like if they are peer-reviewed or not and what is the impact factor of the journal. Anything less than impact factor 10 is trash. 

I may have to slightly disagree with you on this point. having large number of citations does not reflect the quality of journal. Certain narrow fields like  cryptography or pure math do  not have as many citations as popular journals from the fields of medicine or natural sciences. So their impact factor is definitely very less. But the significance of their research is tremendous. For example without the research crypto or number theory, the internet would not be in the same shape as today. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ellen said:

I may have to slightly disagree with you on this point. having large number of citations does not reflect the quality of journal. Certain narrow fields like  cryptography or pure math do  not have as many citations as popular journals from the fields of medicine or natural sciences. So their impact factor is definitely very less. But the significance of their research is tremendous. For example without the research crypto or number theory, the internet would not be in the same shape as today. 

Probably, if you compare across fields it is quite possible since not many people are working in those fields. What I find hilarious is that fields like CS have so less impact factors when so many people work in those fields. I guess you don't value publishing your findings in journals.