Frustration

Ellen

Just now, Cathedral said:

Probably, if you compare across fields it is quite possible since not many people are working in those fields. What I find hilarious is that fields like CS have so less impact factors when so many people work in those fields. I guess you don't value publishing your findings in journals. 

precisely my  lolli is that. my first post is that. 80% rotta. migita 20% is genuine research which is genuine math based. 

1 hour ago, Cathedral said:

There are multiple criteria, like if they are peer-reviewed or not and what is the impact factor of the journal. Anything less than impact factor 10 is trash. 

You are kidding rite; Impact factor depends on the field. Publishing in conference has a greater value in CS compared to the sciences. afCzcfqr0ZoJcf2dHhgvJJcZ9PGB1G5zDTROCd4I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

Probably, if you compare across fields it is quite possible since not many people are working in those fields. What I find hilarious is that fields like CS have so less impact factors when so many people work in those fields. I guess you don't value publishing your findings in journals. 

publications in CS/software engineering these days   atleast is crap. utter crap. they just go and apply machine learning algorithms to random useless problems like PUBG end point prediction and all that and gain publications...in journals. end of the day they have 100 publications....none of them is useful

3 minutes ago, galiraju said:

You are kidding rite; Impact factor depends on the field. Publishing in conference has a greater value in CS compared to the sciences. afCzcfqr0ZoJcf2dHhgvJJcZ9PGB1G5zDTROCd4I

Ok, I will rephrase that, in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology, Neuroscience, Neurobiology, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Biomedical Engineering, publishing in journals with impact factor less than 10 is just noise. 

2 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

Ok, I will rephrase that, in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology, Neuroscience, Neurobiology, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Biomedical Engineering, publishing in journals with impact factor less than 10 is just noise. 

RIxLkAephmab1GGnq4nRQ0qN7A5xApdxe8mYd8kg