Why ABCD kids

Scurvy

2 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Why is wrong in showing off?

Doing something to do it is different than doing something to show off, that would mean you are living to please others. People stopped going on vacations to relax, but instead go on vacations to post pictures on Instagram. Doesn't serve the purpose of vacation, does it?

1 minute ago, Meowmeow said:

Doing something to do it is different than doing something to show off, that would mean you are living to please others. People stopped going on vacations to relax, but instead go on vacations to post pictures on Instagram. Doesn't serve the purpose of vacation, does it?

What if their relaxation comes from showing off? 

1 hour ago, Meowmeow said:

I don't know. But don't you think people in general have become more flamboyant in weddings or other ceremonies? It's all the need to show off. In the past, society existed to give something to the weakest, now society exists for the strongest to show off. There is no reason to belong, if you're happy with yourself. 

What you are saying is correct.I can see that visibly in my surroundings. Technology being enabler people are buying things which they don't need , some even purchasing lavish Apts to show off in their social circle. Some realized that previous gen was more about saving and living below their means and could not enjoy those comforts and luxuries. So watching them suffer they decided that we live only once and why not spend to full fill desires. 

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

What if their relaxation comes from showing off? 

Relaxation gives endorphins, posting on social media, getting likes/attention gives oxytocin. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

What you are saying is correct.I can see that visibly in my surroundings. Technology being enabler people are buying things which they don't need , some even purchasing lavish Apts to show off in their social circle. Some realized that previous gen was more about saving and living below their means and could not enjoy those comforts and luxuries. So watching them suffer they decided that we live only once and why not spend to full fill desires. 

You could have a great place to live, and not post it on social media, you could go on a vacation, and not show off. Living comfortably or luxuriously doesn't mean others need to know. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

Relaxation gives endorphins, posting on social media, getting likes/attention gives oxytocin. 

Both induce happiness in different ways. Some people choose to show off some don’t. There is nothing wrong in it.

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Both induce happiness in different ways. Some people choose to show off some don’t. There is nothing wrong in it.

Just means that they are not living for themselves, but exist to please others. 

Just now, Meowmeow said:

Just means that they are not living for themselves, but exist to please others. 

That meaning is only to you and not to them. Some people like doing it. Aren’t we supposed to not do what we like now?

4 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

You could have a great place to live, and not post it on social media, you could go on a vacation, and not show off. Living comfortably or luxuriously doesn't mean others need to know. 

But unfortunately people are falling for the  expert fallacy shown by popular media.

5 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

That meaning is only to you and not to them. Some people like doing it. Aren’t we supposed to not do what we like now?

Don't get me wrong, the US economy thrives on people showing off, I am just glad I don't partake in it. You should watch the movie 'The Joneses' if you don't understand what I mean. 

3 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

But unfortunately people are falling for the  expert fallacy shown by popular media.

Exactly. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Meowmeow said:

Don't get me wrong, the US economy thrives on people showing off, I am just glad I don't partake in it. You should watch the movie Joneses if you don't understand what I mean. 

Exactly. 

I rarely watch movies tbf. I don’t think I will miss much, but I am not going to judge you for watching them.

3 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

I rarely watch movies tbf. I don’t think I will miss much, but I am not going to judge you for watching them.

It's basically about a group of marketers who pose as a real family in a wealthy neighborhood, start showing off what they own to encourage other people to buy what they have eventually driving the entire neighborhood into debt because of their need to match up to their neighbors. 

8 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Identity crisis ledhu M ledhu

ipads tv laki stick avutharu and friend circle lekapothe kid ki ipad tv ki stick avutharu.. alaaa mind isolate ga avudhi.. intlo kurchoni games aduthu janam tho kalavani kids dhaadhaapuga ilaane vuntaru

india lo ithe eppudu kids chuttu.. edho chetha play chesthune vuntaru.. even india lo kuda ilaaane vuntaru kondharu kids who got addicted to tvs games and ipads...

57 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

It's basically about a group of marketers who pose as a real family in a wealthy neighborhood, start showing off what they own to encourage other people to buy what they have eventually driving the entire neighborhood into debt because of their need to match up to their neighbors. 

A hypothetical scenario used to justify that showing off is bad. I can bet that there will be critics even if people don’t show off. Let them be. Let them manage their own debts.