No more Eh-transfers, Eh-Amendments

reality

3 minutes ago, Kumaravaarma said:

2.5 years ante after 0ct, 2017. Neeku  h1b issue aithundi new EO. 

emo chuddam .. naku effect undadu anukuntunna , endukante na end client federal kadu.. ma company lo unna clients lo okati federal .. apudapudu koncham kottina dani meda code anthe

5 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

No in transfer also, basically it comes down to this, all federal agencies and required to submit something in 45 days, in which they will be asked to prove they didn't hire any H1Bs or outsourse to a contractor by replacing American workers. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-aligning-federal-contracting-hiring-practices-interests-american-workers/

It will be a huge dent.... There are so many H1B people I know that are working in a federal (DOE) jobs ... 47osjd.gif

2 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

It will be a huge dent.... There are so many H1B people I know that are working in a federal (DOE) jobs ... 47osjd.gif

DOE ante Lawrence Berkeley National Lab aa

4 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

DOE ante Lawrence Berkeley National Lab aa

LBNL undi JGI undi (which is also LBL part).... LLNL undi .... 47osjd.gif

Ippudu cheppu answer...Ivi anni Fed ee kada... 47osjd.gif 

1 minute ago, Anta Assamey said:

They are Federal kada....47osjd.gif

any LCA requirement will be scrutinised anukuntunna..

also unless they cannot find a American worker with that skill set...it will be processed...

only replacements deny chestaru...

ur case is fine and go through.

4 minutes ago, Spartan said:

any LCA requirement will be scrutinised anukuntunna..

also unless they cannot find a American worker with that skill set...it will be processed...

only replacements deny chestaru...

ur case is fine and go through.

+1

Federal vallaki kuda em kadhu... as long as its not a replacement.

6 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

They are Federal kada....47osjd.gif

Yeah most people I know at LBL are either citizens or are on J1 or F1OPT. I didn't know they even processed H1B. My friend worked there for a couple of years on OPT and moved on because they don't process other Visas. I think they do apply for O1 if you have your own fellowship though. 

The order directs federal agencies to review their hiring practices to assess whether H-1B workers provided services through a contract or subcontract and assess whether there was a negative impact. Agencies are directed to submit a report within 120 days and recommend actions to be taken.

Currently, an employer may sponsor an H-1B worker to be assigned to work at a client site, commonly referred to as third-party placement. It is possible that a federal government agency is the ultimate work location for such an arrangement. The executive order directs agencies to determine whether they have used H-1B workers on their contracts or through subcontracts, the nature of the work performed, how it impacted US workers, and how it impacted national security.

The order also directs agencies to review whether work previously performed in the US ended up being outsourced to foreign countries.

Agencies are also required to review their policies to ensure they are consistent with certain laws requiring only US citizens to be hired.

The order also directs the Department of Labor to take action within 45 days to ensure compliance with LCA regulations in order to protect US workers’ wages and working conditions.

I think it is unlikely that we will see any result of this order prior to the election. The main purpose of the order is for Trump’s re-election campaign.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-aligning-federal-contracting-hiring-practices-interests-american-workers

Just now, Catalpha said:

Yeah most people I know at LBL are either citizens or are on J1 or F1OPT. I didn't know they even processed H1B. My friend worked there for a couple of years on OPT and moved on because they don't process other Visas. I think they do apply for O1 if you have your own fellowship though. 

They do a lot of H1B also .... I was offered a position twice which I rejected for various reasons ....47osjd.gif