Rant on Indian programmers...

dasari4kntr

23 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

Elaney vuntadi company savings ani.. 50 apps one dev tho manage chesthey.. atharuvatha venilanti item gadu vachi elanti posts vesthadu.. 

10 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

u r missing the actual point here, u get what u pay for. how do you expect MIT standards in coding when you pay 25/hr for an offshore guy obviously they hire some fresher or 1 or 2 years experienced guy to do that job. if they are too concerned about quality of code hire a guy whoever you think is best. there is a reason apple phone costs that much if you want cheaper one than china phone ey vasthundhi 

Thats why I had to name the company as well. I have edited my post. They pay £800 per day to Wipro for a Senior Java Dev. I really do not know how much Wipro pays to onsite people in London and Chicago Offices.

And they demand clean code.  Rothschild for a reason.

After working for 3 years I had to change the company as the pressure was unbearable. But they paid very good day rate for me for that role based in London

6 minutes ago, AnotherTeluguBidda said:

Idi excuse maatrame....i don't agree with this argument. 

what excuse? why do you think its so tough to get a job in FAMANG companies as FTE? but the same companies outsource to WITCH companies for jobs that are not into core business/critical applications. simple cost cutting they don't want best brains to do those jobs. 

7 minutes ago, TechAdvice said:

Elaney vuntadi company savings ani.. 50 apps one dev tho manage chesthey.. atharuvatha venilanti item gadu vachi elanti posts vesthadu.. 

Nope, you have exaggerated it by 100 times.

I do not know why they still have manual testers who out number the Devs in a project. There are at least 10 managers sitting on top of one another. Dev always gets least money, I agree on this.

But what do biggies like TCS/Infy/Wipro/Satyam do to improve the skill set of Devs?

Nothing.

5 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

what excuse? why do you think its so tough to get a job in FAMANG companies as FTE? but the same companies outsource to WITCH companies for jobs that are not into core business/critical applications. simple cost cutting they don't want best brains to do those jobs. 

But then you need to explain why small European Nations can innovate and develop a majority of software products ??

Almost all the products in software are designed and developed by free lancers from Western and Eastern Europe. Thos American based product companies also are dominated by Europeans.

I worked with them and learned a lot. Thats why I am so specifically talking on this.

Spanish Developers are another best lot to count on.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bleachbaabaai said:

But then you need to explain why small European Nations can innovate and develop a majority of software products ??

Almost all the products in software are designed and developed by free lancers from Western and Eastern Europe. Thos American based product companies also are dominated by Europeans.

I worked with them and learned a lot. Thats why I am so specifically talking on this.

We see some best devs from the countries u mentioned cuz only seriously interested dev will get into coding unlike manam.. 

7 minutes ago, bleachbaabaai said:

nenu cheppedhi enti nuvvu chepthunnadhi enti? if u want best developers then go for top cream layer they might be from any country, but if you want cheap IT workers then India or very few countries unnayi options. 

5 minutes ago, TechAdvice said:

We see some best devs from the countries u mentioned cuz only seriously interested dev will get into coding unlike manam.. 

Yes Yes Yes....thats what I am trying to say and this @tom bhayya is distracting. Even after paying £800 per day, we got guys who were projected as 10+ years hands-on, best of the breed from Wipro but who never understood Immutable programming.

16 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

Agree or not....they can do better. Famang lo unna desis thop ante kooda nenu oppukonu. Maybe hardworking and fearful but I expect more from a class developer. 

6 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

nenu cheppedhi enti nuvvu chepthunnadhi enti? if u want best developers then go for top cream layer they might be from any country, but if you want cheap IT workers then India or very few countries unnayi options. 

Finally you realized.

One more point is that 25$ per hour is also too much for this TCS Devs as the work they do ends up with wasting the reviewers time. Generally ends up with re-writing the code at the client site.

Cheeseedhi low-grade development or manual scavenging (also called as manual testing)...akkada India lo maatram USA antha India valle bathukuthundhi ani build-up.

Its all depends on passion...if you are passionate about writing code...you write clean code irrespective of your salary....

if you feel salary only matter...it will automatically impacts your coding style as well...

some open source developers are best example...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bleachbaabaai said:

Finally you realized.

One more point is that 25$ per hour is also too much for this TCS Devs as the work they do ends up with wasting the reviewers time. Generally ends up with re-writing the code at the client site.

Cheeseedhi low-grade development or manual scavenging (also called as manual testing)...akkada India lo maatram USA antha India valle bathukuthundhi ani build-up.

First nundi chepthunnadhi u get what you paid for, Indian ceos anthamandhi unnaru so u think they are also crap? Mandhi perigeykoddhi majjiga palachana avuthundhi. India also has produced best it professionals and they are only 1 or 2 % of it force that you see equivalent to the people that you mentioned in Europe or whatever limited exposure you had.