VFS site is up - Begin accepting applications from 11/02

ShruteSastry

5 hours ago, LFC_YNWA said:

Not sure, Have not seen any online forums or posts as well on the timeline, since this is a new setup with VFS after switch from CKGS. Previously with CKGS it was 3-4 weeks in non covid times. 

I have sent my application on Nov 4th to VFS ICAC NY. Current status is "Sent to CGI NY for approval". I am guessing anywhere between 4-6 weeks, Given COIVD and other delays. I will update this post Once I receive my passport. 

Where are you tracking the status ? 

1 hour ago, usetime63 said:

Where are you tracking the status ? 

VFS tracking link is not working, it says invalid inputs. 
https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-Passporttracking/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/PPk/PGOUuwCiM9bJfQ11eZzWJY4PnuEU0I4GIg2z7zCTvNUXu3AKRVnM8K5h91BOBz/CPQm/oKowN9A+dw0aa8=

But received email updates from VFS two times so far. 
Your Application has been ‘Processed’ at the ICAC and ‘In Transitc’ to the Embassy for decision making. 
We have ‘Received’ your Application and your Application is now ‘Under Process’ at ICAC 

34 minutes ago, LFC_YNWA said:

VFS tracking link is not working, it says invalid inputs. 
https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-Passporttracking/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/PPk/PGOUuwCiM9bJfQ11eZzWJY4PnuEU0I4GIg2z7zCTvNUXu3AKRVnM8K5h91BOBz/CPQm/oKowN9A+dw0aa8=

But received email updates from VFS two times so far. 
Your Application has been ‘Processed’ at the ICAC and ‘In Transitc’ to the Embassy for decision making. 
We have ‘Received’ your Application and your Application is now ‘Under Process’ at ICAC 

tracking is not working for vfs.... so email updates anukunta

24 minutes ago, jefferson1 said:

tracking is not working for vfs.... so email updates anukunta

yeah, I raised a complaint that link is not working ani with VFS. 

Here is what happened over the last 2 weeks in short !! 

Me : Yo your URL does not work
 VFS support team : here is you current status, Please let us know if  you need any other help !!

Me : Thanks for the status, but I cannot keep emailing you for status every week. What is the way to track the application. 
VFS support team: Here is the link to track. ( Gave me the same link I raised complaint for !! ) 

Me : Yo, Dude this is  my original compliant raised two weeks ago that link is not working. which part of the complaint that you guys did not get !! I included all steps and screenshots as well for the issue. 
VFS Support Team : uhhhhh !!!! Crickets !! Not heard anything back since then.   

1 hour ago, chapstick said:

Vfs tracking worked for me .. follow the same birth date format as mentioned . That’s the only miss I can think off 

Day and month are same for my DOB. 07/07/199X even tried diff formats bro 7/7/199X etc . and application USA100587XXX

I have shared my info with the Support team asking if the format is wrong, they did respond yet mari. 

tried it on Office as well as personal laptop. Turned off Adblock/Pi-hole off as well, that I use for ad-blocking. 
I think issue is not with the Web page access though. I get an error stating Invalid Inputs.

2 hours ago, chapstick said:

Vfs tracking worked for me .. follow the same birth date format as mentioned . That’s the only miss I can think off 

How many numbers does your Application # has USA1005875XX ( Mine has USA and 9 digits) 

3 minutes ago, LFC_YNWA said:

How many numbers does your Application # has USA1005875XX ( Mine has USA and 9 digits) 

trying entering Indian consulate reference number --- indian embassy valladi

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jefferson1 said:

trying entering Indian consulate reference number --- indian embassy valladi

That worked bro, Thank you. All this time it was PEBCAK.

VFS support should have pointed this in an instant :), Instead still no response after two weeks. 

8 minutes ago, chapstick said:

9 e unay .. but format is different than urs..usan0435Xxxx

Thanks bro.

Looks like in the tracking link I had  to provide the Indian Embassy Application ref #(20-2002515XXX), rather than VFS Application #.(USA100587XXX) 

Once I used that Indian embassy # , i was able to track. 

Your application has been dispatched from Embassy

10 minutes ago, LFC_YNWA said:

Thanks bro.

Looks like in the tracking link I had  to provide the Indian Embassy Application ref #(20-2002515XXX), rather than VFS Application #.(USA100587XXX) 

Once I used that Indian embassy # , i was able to track. 

Your application has been dispatched from Embassy

some coincidence !!! Just got the email for Police verification as well :). 

Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your Passport Application File (No. US2074336XXXXXX)