Elon Musk says he has moved to Texas, takes jab at Silicon Valley

tacobell fan

Honestly!! in bay area lo unless you work full time and that too with a lot of stock money it's not worth it!!!

Been there for more than 6 years and made my move this year and honestly it's the best thing I did!!

So I feel like good time started for Elon!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, reychukka said:

Honestly!! in bay area lo unless you work full time and that too with a lot of stock money it's not worth it!!!

Been there for more than 6 years and made my move this year and honestly it's the best thing I did!!

yeah, he can cash out his gains without having to pay income tax on it. 

if you already have an established business in CA, why would you even move? When the entire world is trying to get there. lol. 

the only reason I can think of is, its time for a lot of early employees options to start kicking in and everyone is okay with the move to save taxes.

But once Biden rolls back state tax deductions, the move wouldn't make much sense from a business perspective. CA is not a high tax state. It ranks somewhere in the middle. Texas canot offer half of what CA can

9 minutes ago, reychukka said:

talent is notoriously adamant about not moving. I bet most of his engineering design team would still remain where they have been.

1 minute ago, snoww said:

More than taxes , he was annoyed by liberal policies in CA. 

Except green energy , his ideologies are mostly conservative. 

yeah. but those policies of CA that he was annoyed by are not 'liberal'.

and Musk is definitey not a conservative. those words are meaningless once you hit a certain wealth mark.

he's simply a rich guy who wants to become richer and fulfill his dreams. He's neither liberal nor conservative. just ambitious, and delusional. nothing more.

every year lot of companies move its niranthara prakriya for silicon valley. Only Musk ey koncham ekkuva matladaadu 20 years ga lenidhi sudden ga Silicon valley is complacent, losing bongu boshaanam @3$% . He can simply say Texas is more attractive and beneficial in long term for me and the company ani.   Inko kotha idea vasthey startup kosam malla ikkadikey raavali 

• Upvote 1

when Intel was founded in SV, it created a lot of pathbreaking supplying companies there. a huge ecosystem. If Intel had left in the 2000s, that would have devastated the valley.

what did Musk create in SV, other than his own overpriced vehicle company? sure, there may be a dozen automated driving startups, but none of them have hit big time.

Its actually best for SV than Musk leaves. a lot of nanotech companies are waiting to fill the space perhaps. and spacetech ones too.

SV is already over crowded and real estate is at its peak.....konni companies vellipothe em kaadu....US emaina chinna country na...soo much land is left. Why develop only one place...I say its good move. Ala ani next 10-15 yrs anni companies TX ke velthe it will be like another bay area types by 2035

2 hours ago, narsy said:

yeah, he can cash out his gains without having to pay income tax on it. 

if you already have an established business in CA, why would you even move? When the entire world is trying to get there. lol. 

the only reason I can think of is, its time for a lot of early employees options to start kicking in and everyone is okay with the move to save taxes.

But once Biden rolls back state tax deductions, the move wouldn't make much sense from a business perspective. CA is not a high tax state. It ranks somewhere in the middle. Texas canot offer half of what CA can

what is that Texas cannot offer what CA has to offer for business