Stock discussions

Vaampire

2 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

Redfin entered.. wish me luck 

Good luck. But I think it will drop below 6.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Good luck. But I think it will drop below 6.

Will add more anna 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

If you have sitting on good profits on some of the stocks and you feel the valuation is right or overvalued, sell some. There will be opportunities in market for other stocks that are undervalued. Basically moving money from one stock to another. 

Or do nothing until the trend breaks. 

ee valuation analysis ela cheyali, i heard some mutual friends aying in soma party he uses 6 formula or some sort of that by which he calculates the stock price on financials of company that is available via earnings statements

5 minutes ago, nenesuperni said:

ee valuation analysis ela cheyali, i heard some mutual friends aying in soma party he uses 6 formula or some sort of that by which he calculates the stock price on financials of company that is available via earnings statements

There are many ways to do it .. Very complex .. For me  .. I look at PE and Forward PE. I look at the growth rate QoQ, YoY. What is the Industry PE. That way you know if its overvalued.

But do understand that if the prospects of the company are good and the sector is in limelight (like GILD during Hepetitis-C 2013-14 or AI focus/NVDA now, Covid Stocks during covid) these valuations do get crazy. Just ride it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

There are many ways to do it .. Very complex .. For me  .. I look at PE and Forward PE. I look at the growth rate QoQ, YoY. What is the Industry PE. That way you know if its overvalued.

But do understand that if the prospects of the company are good and the sector is in limelight (like GILD during Hepetitis-C 2013-14 or AI focus/NVDA now, Covid Stocks during covid) these valuations do get crazy. Just ride it. 

Teacher GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

1 minute ago, argadorn said:

@Konebhar6 @VictoryTDP sold 50 percent of portfolio which has 10 percent more profit 

Now keep track of stocks that you have your eyes on .. which are undervalued .. buy next week if a good opportunity presents itself..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ChicagoChinnodu said:

any one buying NVDA today? Looking for long term investment

better to wait until after the split happens in June

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Naakendukuu said:

why anna ? some say split ayethey inka peruguddi ani. 

10 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

going into split mamulga volatile untundi so its a risk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Naakendukuu said:

17 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

Yes correct  .. Usual ga stock goes up before split and profit taking takes place after that ... 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, nenesuperni said:

@Konebhar6 anna are you still doing that dividend harvesting, do you mind sharing those here ?

Yes until last week. Found some issues in strategy and need to tweak solution a little. Also moving the solutions from Google sheets to Python. Its taking a bit time as I am new to python (but able to learn and do it myself) .. Not getting enough time as busy at work .. 

4 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Yes correct  .. Usual ga stock goes up before split and profit taking takes place after that ... 

yes but the problem is timing the volatility correctly especially since the split is only 2 weeks away.. hence risky

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Naakendukuu said:

yes but the problem is timing the volatility correctly especially since the split is only 2 weeks away.. hence risky

Having no position is also a position. Watch from sidelines what happens .. learning will be useful for future. 

• Upvote 1