Stock discussions

Vaampire

9 hours ago, kiran1012 said:

Divided entha vayya, 

VZ pays .65 per quarter making $2.6 for whole year. At current price of $35 its about 7%+ yield. Similar for AT&T. ATT Slashed their dividend recently other wise the yield would have been a lot more. 

On 6/2/2023 at 11:59 AM, Manishican said:

Bhayya oil up. Job numbers strong. Inflation will go up or stay there for long. Could be sucker rally.

Current rally in Nasdaq and DOW has been going on for a while. I do feel the stocks will cool down in 2nd half of year. Market Manipulators manipulated public with recession fears to not get into stocks. FOMO will let people into stocks. Awaiting 2nd half. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2023 at 6:12 PM, Konebhar6 said:

Bought a few Verizon (VZ) and AT&T (T) today. 

Is there any good reason for buying $T and $VZ as both are loosing market yr after year with new entries like amazon and fi?

Its a cycle and these two companies are the top two along with T Mobile. I have owned them for a very long time. They will change their strategy and will come back. They own a lot of Infrastructure through out USa. I am most hopeful about VZ.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Its a cycle and these two companies are the top two along with T Mobile. I have owned them for a very long time. They will change their strategy and will come back. They own a lot of Infrastructure through out USa. I am most hopeful about VZ.

I agree with VZ. Their Infrastructure is expensive, not easy for new ones  to enter and also limited competition in this sector. 

Do you consider this recession proof stock?

• Upvote 1

Its not recession proof but at the same time not something that gets adversely affected by Recession. VZ is a stock I always track and it always bounces back. 

If we want steady growth for stocks and some decent dividend with revession proof - Utilities and discount stores always do good.

I have realized stock investing is not easy esp. controlling Greed and fear and can play with your emotions. IF you miss a boat you feel sad. IF you sell too early you are sad even though you made money, if you lose money of course you are sad.

Since last year, I started investing in monthly income funds with potential to grow like JEPI, JEPQ, BST, BSTZ. I am happy with them. I do have some investments in stocks as well.  

4 hours ago, kiran1012 said:

I agree with VZ. Their Infrastructure is expensive, not easy for new ones  to enter and also limited competition in this sector. 

Do you consider this recession proof stock?

What are you invested in ?

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

What are you invested in ?

Last yr in Goog and Amzn, stopped now with AI hype in them.

Now waiting with cash in 4.5% savings.

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

Its not recession proof but at the same time not something that gets adversely affected by Recession. VZ is a stock I always track and it always bounces back. 

If we want steady growth for stocks and some decent dividend with revession proof - Utilities and discount stores always do good.

I have realized stock investing is not easy esp. controlling Greed and fear and can play with your emotions. IF you miss a boat you feel sad. IF you sell too early you are sad even though you made money, if you lose money of course you are sad.

Since last year, I started investing in monthly income funds with potential to grow like JEPI, JEPQ, BST, BSTZ. I am happy with them. I do have some investments in stocks as well.  

Blackrock etf  👍 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kiran1012 said:

Last yr in Goog and Amzn, stopped now with AI hype in them.

Now waiting with cash in 4.5% savings.

Same here. Most cash in savings ~ 4.5%. I have been looking to get into PDI under 18.