Stock discussions

Vaampire

6 minutes ago, viky said:

Fund value down ante, mana amount in fund is also down right

Yes.

But I have realized over years that you can never buy at bottom. If the fund value goes down, I will buy more. These investments are for long term. We are almost at bottom or near bottom as interest rate hikes have to stop soon. 

For example PDI ($18.39) gives a monthly div of 22 cents. So in 5 months, you get a dollar back and even if the prices go down by 1$ you are even. 

Do your own research if you intend to buy. Lot of info on Yahoo Finance.

4 minutes ago, nvssr said:

JEPI JEPQ 8-12% yeild undi

I have both of them. JEPQ is doing better compared to JEPI in recent times. But I love the yield from these two stocks. 

Ckeck out BST and BSTZ. Their div yield is good as well. I was surprised to see that the dividend from these two stocks is not taxable. It comes under a diff category. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Yes.

But I have realized over years that you can never buy at bottom. If the fund value goes down, I will buy more. These investments are for long term. We are almost at bottom or near bottom as interest rate hikes have to stop soon. 

For example PDI ($18.39) gives a monthly div of 22 cents. So in 5 months, you get a dollar back and even if the prices go down by 1$ you are even. 

Do your own research if you intend to buy. Lot of info on Yahoo Finance.

Also when the interest rates go down which will happen eventually, fund value will go up for PDI/GOF. You will also get your monthly div.

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

I have both of them. JEPQ is doing better compared to JEPI in recent times. But I love the yield from these two stocks. 

Ckeck out BST and BSTZ. Their div yield is good as well. I was surprised to see that the dividend from these two stocks is not taxable. It comes under a diff category. 

Oh Nice - Na emergency savings fund move cheddama ani thinking to these stocks - what's your opinion around 25k

55 minutes ago, nvssr said:

Oh Nice - Na emergency savings fund move cheddama ani thinking to these stocks - what's your opinion around 25k

I can provide Information. You need to decide for yourself.

Market is up 20% from lows. It means it entered bull phase. With recession fears and job market and Fed insisting on increasing rates, market might go down as well. No one knows.

We cannot time the market. That's why I invested in these funds having looked at their past performance. The current prices are near their all time lows. If prices go down, I will buy a little more. But again these are my savings which I don't need near term. What I love about these funds is monthly income. You get anywhere between 8-14% depending on funds you choose. 

• Like 1

yeah it's in savings account in Bofa meaning no interest at all - I have to either move it to High Yeild Savings Account or Put 50% in these funds - But we need to track these funds, suddenly they may reduce the dividend and these stocks go down very fast

2 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

What other funds/stocks you invested in?

SCHD is one more good one

VTI, VOO, VTV, VEA, VTV, VBR - these are better performing in my portfolio

AEP is in Radar - low now can enter now - has good yeild for the price

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nvssr said:

yeah it's in savings account in Bofa meaning no interest at all - I have to either move it to High Yeild Savings Account or Put 50% in these funds - But we need to track these funds, suddenly they may reduce the dividend and these stocks go down very fast

To start with move the funds to CIT Bank. Its Owned by First Citizens (one of the best banks in banking sector). They give 4.75% interest. If you have fidelity, SPAXX (Money market fund) pays same interest monthly. 

I did good re-search in these funds I mentioned before investing. They have been paying dividend consistently over years. Also they keep increasing dividends. They keep growing with market (JEPI/JEPQ/BST/BSTZ). PDI and GOF price depends on interest rates. As interest rates increase, its price will go down.

Use Yahoo Finance. Type in the stock ticker. Go to Historical Data -> Select Time period as 5 yrs or Max, Choose "Dividend" in Show. You will get an idea. 

Always make your own research before buying anything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

To start with move the funds to CIT Bank. Its Owned by First Citizens (one of the best banks in banking sector). They give 4.75% interest. If you have fidelity, SPAXX (Money market fund) pays same interest monthly. 

I did good re-search in these funds I mentioned before investing. They have been paying dividend consistently over years. Also they keep increasing dividends. They keep growing with market (JEPI/JEPQ/BST/BSTZ). PDI and GOF price depends on interest rates. As interest rates increase, its price will go down.

Use Yahoo Finance. Type in the stock ticker. Go to Historical Data -> Select Time period as 5 yrs or Max, Choose "Dividend" in Show. You will get an idea. 

BST/BSTZ ke expense ratio chala ekkuva undi, I understand these are blackrock but still high compare to other equivalents.

1 hour ago, kiran1012 said:

BST/BSTZ ke expense ratio chala ekkuva undi, I understand these are blackrock but still high compare to other equivalents.

Super high. I do not like it either. But No tax on them saves the day. They are distributed as "capital return" or something like that. 

15 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Bro, can you elaborate more. 
why interest rates increase it will be go down and viceversa.

3 hours ago, SwamyRaRa said:

Bro, can you elaborate more. 
why interest rates increase it will be go down and viceversa.

PDI owns bonds issued by the U.S. government, municipal governments, and emerging market countries. However, PDI is also heavily invested in mortgage-related securities and other income-generating assets. Big interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve hammered bond prices impacting PDI prices. When interest rates move lower, PDI's price moves higher. 

You can look at the 5 yr or Max chart in Yahoo Finance and compare the pricing since 2008. You will see how it moves inversely to Interest rates.

2 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

PDI owns bonds issued by the U.S. government, municipal governments, and emerging market countries. However, PDI is also heavily invested in mortgage-related securities and other income-generating assets. Big interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve hammered bond prices impacting PDI prices. When interest rates move lower, PDI's price moves higher. 

You can look at the 5 yr or Max chart in Yahoo Finance and compare the pricing since 2008. You will see how it moves inversely to Interest rates.

Thx bro