Stock discussions

Vaampire

7 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Market is wobbly these days .. dunno which direction it will go .. its best to take some profits when you can .. esp before results .. its all luck .. 

PLTR results were good, outlook bad -> Stock dropped 15%

TSLA results were horrible, outlook bad, but with some gimmicks announced -> stock up +10% 

That's how it is .. Take smaller profits when you can ... One strategy could be .. 

If you buy $2000 worth of a stock and it appreciated by 10%, sell $2000 worth to recover your cost and keep remaining for long term 

rightly said. It's important to have a good strategy and a bit of luck on your side to make some profits. 

25 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Market is wobbly these days .. dunno which direction it will go .. its best to take some profits when you can .. esp before results .. its all luck .. 

TSLA results were horrible, outlook bad, but with some gimmicks announced -> stock up +10% 

That's how it is .. Take smaller profits when you can ... One strategy could be .. 

If you buy $2000 worth of a stock and it appreciated by 10%, sell $2000 worth to recover your cost and keep remaining for long term 

but spy, or good companies where you belive in long term ki ey strtegy vaadali? for example, na nvda avg price 150 oka 5 unai, 500 ki padithe inko 5 konta bcoz i think it might go back to 500? i can never buy at 150 again so ah judgement of finding next nvda and kodhi ga amount thisi petala from nvda profits or just pump new money anedi ardam kadu nak epudu 😐 like take some profit and move to next one or keep the safe money aside and have some play money to risk?!

21 minutes ago, nenesuperni said:

but spy, or good companies where you belive in long term ki ey strtegy vaadali? for example, na nvda avg price 150 oka 5 unai, 500 ki padithe inko 5 konta bcoz i think it might go back to 500? i can never buy at 150 again so ah judgement of finding next nvda and kodhi ga amount thisi petala from nvda profits or just pump new money anedi ardam kadu nak epudu 😐 like take some profit and move to next one or keep the safe money aside and have some play money to risk?!

There is no 1 strategy that works for us. Its all our conviction. 

Sector Trend , Market Trend is the key .. for E.g. NVDA went up on AI Crazy and its a front runner. Same with Microsoft. Recognize the leaders in this space and do not sell them even if they drop a little. You can add more.

However smaller players in this like PLTR, SOUN, etc. are just short term and medium term. We do not know who will hit big and who will flop. Keep track of the valuation of these companies (PE, Fwd PE, PEG, Revenue growth QoQ, YoY, etc. ). Sell these to recover your principle and keep rest. 

Investing in stocks is a painful process - Even if you make money. If we see a stock go up after we book profit we are still sad abt missing further profits. If we see a stock where we have good gains, if it drops even 10% from top we are sad coz we did not sell at top. Inka stock losses ayithe cheppakarledu .. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Any penny stock admirers here?

any recomendations

2 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

If I don't cash out rest  10% then I took my original investment out then I don't owe any tax kada brother? 

1 minute ago, spicyfish said:

If I don't cash out rest  10% then I took my original investment out then I don't owe any tax kada brother? 

you will, because you are trading in shares. the amount of profit on shares sold will be taxed.

13 minutes ago, spicyfish said:

You still made profit so you owe taxes.

2 hours ago, pichhipullayya said:

any recomendations

Long back I bought a penny stock called GURE. Chinese based company that produces Bromine. But till date no one knows if company really exists or not :D It always had a range. I was so convinced in the company that I overlooked everything. Finally I realized its a shall company. That's when I never got into any penny stocks. 

Fast forward, there are a few that intrigue me. PLUG and FCEL. They popup big once in a while. They went bonkers during COVID (PLUG - $60, FCEL - $25). Was going through my watchlist and saw these two back to where they belong. FCEL is .78 and PLUG is $2+. PLUG makes hydrogen based utility vehicles used in Warehouses. However, I am not suggesting to buy these two. 

Anyone else tracks any such penny stocks?

8 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Long back I bought a penny stock called GURE. Chinese based company that produces Bromine. But till date no one knows if company really exists or not :D It always had a range. I was so convinced in the company that I overlooked everything. Finally I realized its a shall company. That's when I never got into any penny stocks. 

Fast forward, there are a few that intrigue me. PLUG and FCEL. They popup big once in a while. They went bonkers during COVID (PLUG - $60, FCEL - $25). Was going through my watchlist and saw these two back to where they belong. FCEL is .78 and PLUG is $2+. PLUG makes hydrogen based utility vehicles used in Warehouses. However, I am not suggesting to buy these two. 

A plug lo high petti kalchukunna. 95% loss😀

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

All 2021 meme stocks back in action now … that’s a red flag about the market … ah meme stocks valla lost money hopefully it will not effect big stocks 

5 hours ago, Sreeven said:

… I’m on the same boat 😭😭

2 hours ago, argadorn said:

All 2021 meme stocks back in action now … that’s a red flag about the market … ah meme stocks valla lost money hopefully it will not effect big stocks 

These meme stocks are at 5 yr lows. That’s why it caught my attention.

7 hours ago, Sreeven said:

Oops. I think everyone has such stories. 

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

These meme stocks are at 5 yr lows. That’s why it caught my attention.

Enka company bathike unaya 5 yrs low undi