Stock discussions

Vaampire

ikkada unna andariki oka thought experiment:

Meeru ippati varaku individual stocks meeda pettina money tho aa stocks badulu index fund koni ammakunda if you had just held the fund until now, how would your profit compare? my guess is that after taking into account trading taxes, 90% of people here would have made more money with investing only in index funds and holding them.. eppudaina alochinchara?

most of my friends who made the above calculation found out that they barely beat an index fund and some lost money. 

45 minutes ago, filterKaapi said:

Meeru ippati varaku individual stocks meeda pettina money tho aa stocks badulu index fund koni ammakunda if you had just held the fund until now, how would your profit compare? my guess is that after taking into account trading taxes, 90% of people here would have made more money with investing only in index funds and holding them.. eppudaina alochinchara?

most of my friends who made the above calculation found out that they barely beat an index fund and some lost money. 

Naaku telisi me and @Vaampire  beat the S&p by almost 50% 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Despacito said:

One or two cheppu bro veetilo..edhanna manchi green energy stock alage vvpr ela undho chusi chepu bro

$VVPR is uk based company, in case if biden announce some benefits for clean energy i doubt this  company get those benefits

check this $SUNW its in the same price range

1 hour ago, filterKaapi said:

good thought , SPY lo pettina decent returns vasthayi , while chasing calls , puts we lose a lot of money , konni stocks 3x-4x ayina we will endup with minor profit because we are losing somewhere else

I calculated , I'm beating SPY index by 30% atleast I guess (even with compounding) for the small amounts I invested ,  this with spending very less time in investing and researching..

anyway, last year bull market helped I guess and so everyone including me feels like a genius

27 minutes ago, Unityunity2 said:

CLOV  gurunchi ani suggestions brought at 15. 30 

And it’s down trend 

any expert suggestions

Growth undi , with the new administration Medicare / Med Advantage could be expanded and that could help

but revenues are not there yet

Company has a lot of scope for growth and based on their plan they will be great in 2-3 years

current valuation is a bit high with respect to earnings (as expected in bull market) 

if you can hold till 2023 , this could be a great pick

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Galactus said:

I calculated , I'm beating SPY index by 30% atleast I guess (even with compounding) for the small amounts I invested ,  this with spending very less time in investing and researching..

are you taking trading taxes and commissions+fee for each trades into account? 

Just now, filterKaapi said:

are you taking trading taxes and commissions+fee for each trades into account? 

trading is free , taxes are considered in the estimation

1 hour ago, Unityunity2 said:

CLOV  gurunchi ani suggestions brought at 15. 30 

And it’s down trend 

any expert suggestions

i am not an expert

But just saying, repu okka roju choodu, repu kooda padindante appudu alochinchu

It  ended today with positive candle

• Upvote 1