-i94 expired....what to do ?

Gentle_Boy

9 hours ago, Gentle_Boy said:

-i94 expired....what to do ?

Hello all,

Na new full time employer....tho vachina i797 with new i94 is valid until 08/01/2021.

Naa contracting h1b also... i94 end date ....was 12/01/2020...and got stamped until then....and entered into US using same i94 until 12/01/2020 only.

is there any issue with i94 end date ? 

Stay in US ? Filing new H1b or transfers ?

you can get it updated by CBP officer near by or leave the country go to mexico for 1 weekend ....I did the same thing last time nenu cancun velli vaccha and got my I-94 updated with new employer 797...CBP officer is not easy they will ask lot of questions if not familiar..also you should do this while your previous I-94 is valid yo are technically out of status now

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2021 at 6:55 PM, Thantrik said:

you can get it updated by CBP officer near by or leave the country go to mexico for 1 weekend ....I did the same thing last time nenu cancun velli vaccha and got my I-94 updated with new employer 797...CBP officer is not easy they will ask lot of questions if not familiar..also you should do this while your previous I-94 is valid yo are technically out of status now

What kind of questions?

46 minutes ago, Amrita said:

@Gentle_Boy Did you get this figured out ? I just noticed i came the same way last year in feb. Adagaledu ani new i797 ivvaley. Can you please kindly let me know what u did?

+_( @Amrita .. h1 transfer or h1 extn em cheyinchaledu since u last travelled, then u have 2 options, either go to nearest airport and go talk to CBP to have it stamped by showing new i797.. or cross the border via car and get show i797 (if ur Visa is not expired) .. or have h1 extn filed

On 1/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, perugu_vada said:

New employer tho h1 approval kani after landing in usa with ur old employer, then no issues

rule is simple, latest i94 always takes precedence 

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

What kind of questions?

some officer chala smart untaru, recent 797 chupinchadam mana responsibility adi vadu stress chesi aduguthadu nuvvu chupinchava vadu chudaleda ani ila, idi completely ne mistake not showing the recent one, might trigger additional issues staying with expired I94 ala...easy option is to cross border mexico or canada on a weekend if you still have visa or else go for amendment kani idi full time aithe chala questions adugutharu HR... or go to india for stamping completely...

1 hour ago, Thantrik said:

some officer chala smart untaru, recent 797 chupinchadam mana responsibility adi vadu stress chesi aduguthadu nuvvu chupinchava vadu chudaleda ani ila, idi completely ne mistake not showing the recent one, might trigger additional issues staying with expired I94 ala...easy option is to cross border mexico or canada on a weekend if you still have visa or else go for amendment kani idi full time aithe chala questions adugutharu HR... or go to india for stamping completely...

Ah i94 inka expire kaley but nenu chupinchaley. Chupiddam anukunna adagale ga ani chupinchale. Seems like my fault. Border vallaki e new i797 stories televa wouldnt they ask any questions on transferred petitions later?

1 hour ago, perugu_vada said:

+_( @Amrita .. h1 transfer or h1 extn em cheyinchaledu since u last travelled, then u have 2 options, either go to nearest airport and go talk to CBP to have it stamped by showing new i797.. or cross the border via car and get show i797 (if ur Visa is not expired) .. or have h1 extn filed

Transfer ayyindi last yr after travel but i am still little confused @perugu_vada.

This is with old employer i94 till april 2021

Taruvata FT tesukunna new i94 came that was till 2022 oct something 

I wanted to go back to old employer so murthy lawyer told go to mexico come back with new i94 so did same and POE lo naku confusion to new i797 mention cheyale - I got unique number which wasnt same as prev numbers but till old employer i94 date 

Then i did transfer with new employer malla new i94 vachindi adi same number as POE undi adento but with new date till 2023

Inkoti enti ante naku i-9 verification ayyindi e roju variety ga though i am not new hire. Vallaki nenu i797 chupincha but they asked april lo i94 expiry kada ani . Ofcourse that was latest entry at POE vallu confuse ayyaro nene chesano. Notary ki vachina tellodu ki ivem ardham kaley when i explained.

Am i in a trouble @~`

3 hours ago, Amrita said:

Transfer ayyindi last yr after travel but i am still little confused @perugu_vada.

I wanted to go back to old employer so murthy lawyer told go to mexico come back with new i94 so did same and POE lo naku confusion to new i797 mention cheyale - I got unique number which wasnt same as prev numbers but till old employer i94 date 

Then i did transfer with new employer malla new i94 vachindi adi same number as POE undi adento but with new date till 2023

Inkoti enti ante naku i-9 verification ayyindi e roju variety ga though i am not new hire. Vallaki nenu i797 chupincha but they asked april lo i94 expiry kada ani . Ofcourse that was latest entry at POE vallu confuse ayyaro nene chesano. Notary ki vachina tellodu ki ivem ardham kaley when i explained.

Am i in a trouble @~`

Recent i94 takes precedence, simple logic, no matter how u got it, via at poe or via h1 transfer or h1 extn, as such ur recent i94 is from new employer that is wat is ur current i94

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Amrita said:

@Gentle_Boy Did you get this figured out ? I just noticed i came the same way last year in feb. Adagaledu ani new i797 ivvaley. Can you please kindly let me know what u did?

What is your port of entry cbp ?

Call them first and email them.

Also call local airport cbp office and email them...they will update the i94 end date 

3 hours ago, Gentle_Boy said:

What is your port of entry cbp ?

Call them first and email them.

Also call local airport cbp office and email them...they will update the i94 end date 

Denver was POE. Niku call lone pani ayipoyinda?

On 1/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, Gentle_Boy said:

My i797 and i94 approved with new full time employer....until 08/01/2021.

But I traveled in June, 2019 and feb, 2020 with old employer ...i94 valid until 12/01/2020 and so my stamping is valid until 12/01/2020 only.

Now am in h1b status or not ?

I94 is applied to individual and not subjective to employer

stamping and entry I94 are not relevant as long as you have valid I94 on your name

10 hours ago, Amrita said:

Am i in a trouble @~`

you may have got this revalidation which is not standard process, hence different number assigned, were you having valid visa back then then you were entering

this case applies to those whose visa is rejected/expired and they still have valid I94, traveling from Canada, Mexico

Automatic Revalidation (state.gov)

2 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

you may have got this revalidation which is not standard process, hence different number assigned, were you having valid visa back then then you were entering

this case applies to those whose visa is rejected/expired and they still have valid I94, traveling from Canada, Mexico

Automatic Revalidation (state.gov)

Yes i had valid visa .

I got new i94 which is valid too evn now.

I got transfer done and got another i94 which is valid till 2023. 

E roju ma company lawyer to talked he said i am good.