Tumbbad brilliant movie

Raven_Rayes

38 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

not just storytelling. visuals are so striking, the soundtrack and sound design too. and the acting. everything.

Only malayalam films can match this level of awesomeness, and even they fall short because they get preachy, or sanitise the subject to fit the viewing audience aesthetics/politics.

this movie simply never attempted to do anything other than tell a story.

True ..everyworrd

Ya storytelling at its finest because everthing else worked out. All the elements u mentioned. I'm glad bollywood is bringing such story focused films these days ...

3 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

intha super hindi movie ni nenu choodale madhya kaalam lo.

aa andhadhun super ani cheppinodini narikeyaali.

lost for words. great movie.

Aa movie lo chaala matter undhi bhayya 

Prime lo telugu dubbed kuda untadi....I watched it in telugu version and its actually not bad in terms of dubbing.

anyway low budget movie lo visuals, casting, screenplay and back ground score top notch. Very gripping untadi....first 20 mins and last part aithe intense anipinchindi. Madyalo good drama but may be some ppl might find it little bore

2 hours ago, Iriswest said:

It has the potential to be a mass hit ani na uddesam. Nonetheless it is a classic.

it def had the potential to be a bigger commercial success. but not a mass movie.

the movie doesn't pander to any group. and many would find it too slow.

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

it def had the potential to be a bigger commercial success. but not a mass movie.

the movie doesn't pander to any group. and many would find it too slow.

You are right. I meant it would have been a hit with multiplex audiences.

5 hours ago, kalaa_pipaasi said:

have to go for a rewatch..first time choosinapudu could not connect and stopped in between

nenu connect avvalekapothunna

andaru super duper antunnaru

what is this

40 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

You are right. I meant it would have been a hit with multiplex audiences.

take Arjun Reddy for eg. It feeds on insecurity of regular guys. Their desire to be an asshole without consequences to their gfs, their friends and basically every1 they come into contact with. That's why the movie became a hit. The movie is utter sh1t.

Tumbbad doesn't play into any sort of stereotypes doesn't pander to any group. It would never achieve the kind of success that manipulative crap like Arjun Reddy did.

I picked Arjun Reddy because its the best example of a non-mass movie that became a huge commercial success. because inspite of lack of mass elements, it catered to basest instincts of adolescent and perpetually adolescent men. The director himself talks like a fcuking dork.

Tumbbad can never achieve that kind of success. because its focuses only on its own story.

One of the best movies made in Indian film industry, no wonder Bollywood can never make a movie like this

And yes Bollywood isn't the Indian film industry representative. 

It's a wonderful movie 

2 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

One of the best movies made in Indian film industry, no wonder Bollywood can never make a movie like this

but it was an Eros International production. It is a bollywood movie no?

5 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

At the moment I can't think of another movie that impressed me as much..

may be Detective Byomkesh Bakshi.

It can be easily classified as an ART movie!

people don’t watch art movies like this one. They want cheap, silly masala movies loaded with adult rated content (Arjun Reddy).

other art movie examples I can quote:

ANKUSH

RAAKH - Amir Khan’s first movie

PARINDA