Tumbbad brilliant movie

Raven_Rayes

39 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

take Arjun Reddy for eg. It feeds on insecurity of regular guys. Their desire to be an asshole without consequences to their gfs, their friends and basically every1 they come into contact with. That's why the movie became a hit. The movie is utter sh1t.

Tumbbad doesn't play into any sort of stereotypes doesn't pander to any group. It would never achieve the kind of success that manipulative crap like Arjun Reddy did.

I picked Arjun Reddy because its the best example of a non-mass movie that became a huge commercial success. because inspite of lack of mass elements, it catered to basest instincts of adolescent and perpetually adolescent men. The director himself talks like a fcuking dork.

Tumbbad can never achieve that kind of success. because its focuses only on its own story.

Those are different genre. Tumbadd is essentially a horror movie but it did not get the recognition with regular movie going audience. Now compare it’s success with other horror hits like Bhoot or raaz, it didn’t make much money. It aches my heart that such beautiful story telling wasn’t able to reach the target audience. I am sure people are loving it after watching it on OTT, it was a flop at box office. 

This movie caters to matured audience which is also considerably a big market. Anand L Rai made zero with SRK the same year. If he was able to rope in SRK for Sohum’s part it would have been a major hit.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Those are different genre. Tumbadd is essentially a horror movie but it did not get the recognition with regular movie going audience. Now compare it’s success with other horror hits like Bhoot or raaz, it didn’t make much money. It aches my heart that such beautiful story telling wasn’t able to reach the target audience. I am sure people are loving it after watching it on OTT, it was a flop at box office. 

This movie caters to matured audience which is also considerably a big market. Anand L Rai made zero with SRK the same year. If he was able to rope in SRK for Sohum’s part it would have been a major hit.

Ok

1 hour ago, Iriswest said:

The SRK part makes sense. But I think he quoted arjun reddy example to highlight how gross  movie stories are written merely based on stereotypes. It's easy to write such stories, oka stereotype teeskoni danni alleyachu..... But to write a story something on the lines of tumbadd really needs talent and art. I can't dumb down tumbadd to a single  horror genre ..it's more like a folklore. 

• Upvote 1

Folklore, village setting lo stories rayalante...indian village backdrop lo chala rayachu. Indian directors should explore more in this aspect. That is why RK Narayan and Ruskin bond are so widely respected ..they capture village cultures so aptly. 

1 hour ago, Ellen said:

Folklore, village setting lo stories rayalante...indian village backdrop lo chala rayachu. Indian directors should explore more in this aspect. That is why RK Narayan and Ruskin bond are so widely respected ..they capture village cultures so aptly. 

one real big star should go out of his comfort zone and create an industry hit.

Like chandraukhi taruvatha lot of scary-comedy movies came cause that is trend.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yemdoing said:

one real big star should go out of his comfort zone and create an industry hit.

Like chandraukhi taruvatha lot of scary-comedy movies came cause that is trend.

True. Folklore type I think oka movie came rani mukherjee and shahrukhdi paheli....nen chudaledu... Not sure how it was executed

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

True. Folklore type I think oka movie came rani mukherjee and shahrukhdi paheli....nen chudaledu... Not sure how it was executed

The movie is paheli, and I didn;t watch it. 

SRK is good.  but is he that good as the guy that played Vinayak Rao? especially in that scene when he comes back to his village to find that his grandmom is still alive and a tree is growing out of her. I fell in love with him at that point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellen said:

That movie was crap . It was too commercial and following standard movie formula . 

3 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

The movie is paheli, and I didn;t watch it. 

SRK is good.  but is he that good as the guy that played Vinayak Rao? especially in that scene when he comes back to his village to find that his grandmom is still alive and a tree is growing out of her. I fell in love with him at that point.

No Vinayak Rao was perfect. 

4 hours ago, Ellen said:

Password gurtochinda 😝🤣🤣🤣

annitiki okate passwd. okadu thega feel ayyadu that I'm even posting. endho vaalla badha.. konni saarlu paapam anipisthadi, because some of these people probably come from smaller towns and are irritated by my flurry of posts hijacking every conversation. so I decided to stop posting for his sake. 

but ofcourse Hyd brought up assholes ki no sympathy. lol. They have no reason to not engage without getting personal in a conversation, other than plain entitlement to their bigotry and propensity to crowdthink.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dosakai said:

annitiki okate passwd. okadu thega feel ayyadu that I'm even posting. endho vaalla badha.. konni saarlu paapam anipisthadi, because some of these people probably come from smaller towns and are irritated by my flurry of posts hijacking every conversation. so I decided to stop posting for his sake. 

but ofcourse Hyd brought up assholes ki no sympathy. lol. They have no reason to not engage without getting personal in a conversation, other than plain entitlement to their bigotry and propensity to crowdthink.

Ya take light ignore... Throw whatever garbage u want here 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

Evadu athanu?? Vuuuuuuu doskai uncle