Gas Station, Subway, Motels and Liquor Stores

ShruteSastry

2 hours ago, ShruteSastry said:

is it though?

i see new people (Gujjus or Sardars) taking over and they don't even look like they are legal here.

Yes most people directly come on Family based GC or some may be illegal. BUt when they come on GC they mostly sell their properties in India(punjab side fields are costly) and bring cash. IT jobs chesevalladaggara and antha cash undadu. Also in each family almost every person works and even by trucking you can make 150k easily. so after some years they setup a business. They also have huge support systems where the community will give you 0% interest loans for new comers. I spoke with a guy in early 30s who came on Family based GC. he worked 6 months in IT and was not happy he could only make 6k a month. He quit bought a second hand truck for 50 k, and making around 150k. He also brought a second truck and rented it to a friend. Punjabis and Gujjus will do anything to get a GC. I heard some crazy things they do to get GC. We won't do this because of education and we think about what is right and wrong and our family. For example punjabi and gujju ladies will be ok if their husbands or kids just marry a american just to get a GC. First they care about GC and then everything else. SO don't compare

2 minutes ago, cnugadu said:

Yes most people directly come on Family based GC or some may be illegal. BUt when they come on GC they mostly sell their properties in India(punjab side fields are costly) and bring cash. IT jobs chesevalladaggara and antha cash undadu. Also in each family almost every person works and even by trucking you can make 150k easily. so after some years they setup a business. They also have huge support systems where the community will give you 0% interest loans for new comers. I spoke with a guy in early 30s who came on Family based GC. he worked 6 months in IT and was not happy he could only make 6k a month. He quit bought a second hand truck for 50 k, and making around 150k. He also brought a second truck and rented it to a friend. Punjabis and Gujjus will do anything to get a GC. I heard some crazy things they do to get GC. We won't do this because of education and we think about what is right and wrong and our family. For example punjabi and gujju ladies will be ok if their husbands or kids just marry a american just to get a GC. First they care about GC and then everything else. SO don't compare

In short, they are more practical communities. 

Bay Area lo liquor motham supply chesedi one Punjabi contractor. Also Okra king ani okadunnadu sardarji

2 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Gujju’s and Punjabi’s came here in the 70’s and their second generation is already assimilated with the Americans here... they brought lot of their family members here on family quotas .. and they are always willing to do the hard work... we on the other side, work only in professional roles.. 

punjabis yes to some extent. There is no way Gujjus are assimilated. Pedda lafda gang adi. More money minded than any1 else. 

Avanni picchi businesses. You can do only when you and your entire family chain have no personal lives and can stay in motels day and night. Pick fights with customers abusing you. And vast majority dont even make decent money. 

6 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Avanni picchi businesses. You can do only when you and your entire family chain have no personal lives and can stay in motels day and night. Pick fights with customers abusing you. And vast majority dont even make decent money. 

You hit the nail on the head , their motel business thrives because whole family works on it say in and out . 

Atleast it's a honest business 

2 minutes ago, machoman said:

Hyd lo stell shops,iron shops,granites,inka grocery shops,wholesale shops,sanitary ,electric etc etc anni gujju and marwadis ey

This is something we need to watch out for. Gujju veshaaly america lo nadiche chancee ledhu. But not here.

1 minute ago, machoman said:

Hyd lo stell shops,iron shops,granites,inka grocery shops,wholesale shops,sanitary ,electric etc etc anni gujju and marwadis ey

Hyderabad enti motham AP lo electrical shops , cloth business , gold business , wholesale , many hardware shops belong to bania's . 

Antha endhuku Lalitha jewelry owner born in Nellore . 

3 hours ago, ShruteSastry said:

Ee business lu mana (Telugu) vallu enduku cheyaru ikkada? 

Clearly Gujju & Sardar Domination veetilo. 

Any Ideas?

connections and sharing the success secrets with community. gujjus and sadars share more ani vinna.

telugus not so much 

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

This is something we need to watch out for. Gujju veshaaly america lo nadiche chancee ledhu. But not here.

I mean they are making a honest living here , who are we to judge . 

I welcome more of such migrants to AP , they only add value to our economy 

1 minute ago, yemdoing said:

connections and sharing the success secrets with community. gujjus and sadars share more ani vinna.

telugus not so much 

They are very tribal. They loan money to each other. But i wont call them succesful. It is not a lifestyle that will appeal to an educated man. But they can bring misery to others. America has strong systems to safeguard against such misery. India not so sure.

1 minute ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I mean they are making a honest living here , who are we to judge . 

I welcome more of such migrants to AP , they only add value to our economy 

How is it a honest living when they deliberately favor their own and establish supply chain cutting out others. Bada importers valle, factories kooda vallake velthunnayi, daani amme chinna chinna retail stores kooda valladhe. And no one will admitted in to their group unless you are born in some specific castes. Is this sign of a happy society ?

11 minutes ago, machoman said:

Troop Bazar mottam valle 

Timber depots Anni valle 

Recently they are moving to small towns  and taking over their business too

25 minutes ago, cnugadu said:

Can u please let us know some of the stories please