Gas Station, Subway, Motels and Liquor Stores

ShruteSastry

3 minutes ago, ShruteSastry said:

I think you nailed it, this has been helping them to be businessmen for sure.

But, for starters no one started this business in telugu communities kada.

And now, even if they want like @TOM_BHAAYA said, we need solid connections.

One thing i see is they control almost the entire supply chain for groceries in indian stores. That can be easily broken by telugu people. But it would need co-ordination from people in ap and people in usa.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

One thing i see is they control almost the entire supply chain for groceries in indian stores. That can be easily broken by telugu people. But it would need co-ordination from people in ap and people in usa.

Ani thinking is easy bro,

Oka sari paper meedha petti, plan chesthe emi raadu ani naa feeling.

Lets say, we contact Priya pickles division, and say we will resell their products to all grocery stores in US and UK. - "Need some MLA or big shot reference"

And lets say we succeeded in that, you contact all the big indian grocers and say we want to supply Pickles, what will they say to a new player like you.

8 minutes ago, ShruteSastry said:

Ani thinking is easy bro,

Oka sari paper meedha petti, plan chesthe emi raadu ani naa feeling.

Lets say, we contact Priya pickles division, and say we will resell their products to all grocery stores in US and UK. - "Need some MLA or big shot reference"

And lets say we succeeded in that, you contact all the big indian grocers and say we want to supply Pickles, what will they say to a new player like you.

I have some practical experience. It aint that hard. Grocers will take - its just that your margins will be lesser initially until you establish. There are lot of telugu grocer and even gujju/punju grocers will also take. They have their own internal jealousies too. 

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

I have some practical experience. It aint that hard. Grocers will take - its just that your margins will be lesser initially until you establish. There are lot of telugu grocer and even gujju/punju grocers will also take. They have their own internal jealousies too. 

But real problem is ultimately it is a low margin business. They have a family tradition of living in this boring, low margin business and making money at some boom times. Telugu people have already tasted many alternatives which are more easy.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

Anthemi ledhu bro. in America telugu people are thriving. Even now nothing can beat a softwae couple each drawing 100k plus salaries with 23 day vacations, savings etc. Most of mesthri companies are telugu - most restaurants and increasingly grocery stores are telugu owned. Yes they arent still that many who have grown in to doing business with american workforce.

But one thing we can learn from them - they dont identify with india gindia. Gujju is gujju, punjabi is punjabi. Learn the lesson there.

You are wrong , gujju's identify heavily with india . I have made met 4 th generation gurajatis still speaking their language and connected back home . 

Punjabis do not , they hang out more with pakistani than indians . Cricket tourneys lo kooda anthey . 

Telugu vallalo kooda second , third generation completely cout off their roots and assimilate which I don't fault 

On 2/5/2021 at 2:58 PM, ShruteSastry said:

Ee business lu mana (Telugu) vallu enduku cheyaru ikkada? 

Clearly Gujju & Sardar Domination veetilo. 

Any Ideas?

Why to Invest money into business which is obviously getting riskier day by day when you can do manual testing and earn thousands of dollars per month.

I know some aunties enrolling as Java/.NET Devs and outsourcing the work to Indian youth via Citrix neighbourhood access control tools.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

You are wrong , gujju's identify heavily with india . I have made met 4 th generation gurajatis still speaking their language and connected back home . 

Punjabis do not , they hang out more with pakistani than indians . Cricket tourneys lo kooda anthey . 

Telugu vallalo kooda second , third generation completely cout off their roots and assimilate which I don't fault 

gujjus identify with themselves - what do you mean they idenitify with india? will they start partnerships with assamese and tamils ? will they visit murugan temples or even donate to them ?

They identify with their own community for generations because they have to rely on it. Whereas Telugus in america rely on overall american economy and get in to doctors/software developers/mesthri etc. Telugus dont need community other than cultural purposes which will get diluted simply because america has much better culture.

@zarathustra

Why so sad about my comment rey maamu?

I know lot of families doing that. Adding salt to the injury they are doing more than one at a time. As everything is now WFH, they are scheduling everything with the help of some Project Managers too.

Of course thats not possible with investment banks and product development companies but pretty much possible with ordinary insurance/online/retail Banks/small tech companies which form nearly 70% of the job market

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, yskokila said:

@zarathustra

Why so sad about my comment rey maamu?

I know lot of families doing that. Adding salt to the injury they are doing more than one at a time. As everything is now WFH, they are scheduling everything with the help of some Project Managers too.

Of course thats not possible with investment banks and product development companies but pretty much possible with ordinary insurance/online/retail Banks/small tech companies which form nearly 70% of the job market

Sad because genuine people are robbed of such opportunities bro

• Upvote 1