Gas Station, Subway, Motels and Liquor Stores

ShruteSastry

4 hours ago, ShruteSastry said:

Ee business lu mana (Telugu) vallu enduku cheyaru ikkada? 

Clearly Gujju & Sardar Domination veetilo. 

Any Ideas?

Those for suitable for illiterates like gujjus

Telugus are literate and nerdy

4 hours ago, ShruteSastry said:

Any Ideas?

vallu early migrants ikkadiki...

indira gandhi time 80's lone chala mandhi sardars UK, Canada  us ki asyulum theesukoni vacchi settle ayipoyaru...

veellu educated kadhu..valla properties mottham ammukoni vacchesaru...so ikkada business modhalu pettaru....appatlo ave major revenue vacche sources unna businesses...inka next valla chuttalu, oorlo vallani pamily based meedha theesukocchi...panilo pettukoni...next vallatho business pettinchi...veellu invest chesi..aa profit lo vaata theesukoni...inka ee chain continue ayithune undhi...till date...

next gujju gallu 90's lo modhalettaru...repeat and rinse concept..business valla blood lone undhi...ethics lantivi emi undavu...husband and wife paper meedha divorce theesukoni...iddharu inko iddharu gujjulani pelli chesukunattu choopinchi...vallaki card ippinche dhandha kooda undhi valla community lo...

telugu vallu late 90's & 2K nunchi start chesinru..aa time s/w full boom lo undhi...and manaki naukari chesi vachina jeetham save chesukovatam lo unde anandham dhenilonu undadhi....kontha mandhi dhimak unnolu consultency lo start chesi pindukunnaru.....

mass businesses vallaki...class consultancies and indian restaurants manollu panchukunnaru...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ShruteSastry said:

500K na, vammo. How do they get that kind of money?

It's doable bro. I will tell you how this can be done. 

One of my friends dad had come to the US in 2004 as a QA. Worked upto 2014 as a QA and saved up some money, brought a gas station in a partnership with another Telugu person. Managed it for 2 years along with doing his job and then got sole proprietorship of it.

Today they own 3 gas stations one of which is a Quick trip and huge, apart from owning an apartment complex near a university and rent it out to the university students. He now quit his job and manages these properties, my friend who used to work in IT also does the same and helps his dad. 

So it's possible with hard work

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kevinUsa said:

sorry brother I ain't that rich 

Me neither bro, anduke might not be a practical business for me as of now. 

Down the future might be we will see. 

25 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

It's doable bro. I will tell you how this can be done. 

One of my friends dad had come to the US in 2004 as a QA. Worked upto 2014 as a QA and saved up some money, brought a gas station in a partnership with another Telugu person. Managed it for 2 years along with doing his job and then got sole proprietorship of it.

Today they own 3 gas stations one of which is a Quick trip and huge, apart from owning an apartment complex near a university and rent it out to the university students. He now quit his job and manages these properties, my friend who used to work in IT also does the same and helps his dad. 

So it's possible with hard work

It’s possible if we got GC from dad.

6 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

How is it a honest living when they deliberately favor their own and establish supply chain cutting out others. Bada importers valle, factories kooda vallake velthunnayi, daani amme chinna chinna retail stores kooda valladhe. And no one will admitted in to their group unless you are born in some specific castes. Is this sign of a happy society ?

Then it is the failure of government , not those people . 

6 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

How is it a honest living when they deliberately favor their own and establish supply chain cutting out others. Bada importers valle, factories kooda vallake velthunnayi, daani amme chinna chinna retail stores kooda valladhe. And no one will admitted in to their group unless you are born in some specific castes. Is this sign of a happy society ?

YEah it's anything but honest, telisina oka telugu uncle went almost bankrupt as he was arm twisted out of business by two gujju businessmen who didn't want any desi outside their society to establish a business in their vicinity. Even in a society like the USA you would be surprised how easily this can be done by using internal contacts. 

8 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Then it is the failure of government , not those people . 

Govt isn't here to regulate each and every business including a gas station, it's the tribal mentality some desis bring when they arrive in the US that's responsible for these kind of happenings. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Govt isn't here to regulate each and every business including a gas station, it's the tribal mentality some desis bring when they arrive in the US that's responsible for these kind of happenings. 

Oh I was talking about banis back home .

Tribal mentality ani gujju's ni anadam endhuku le , I have seen the worst in telugu people themselves . Tribalism peaks antey telugu society lo ney . 

Telugu associations in NA  are caste associations these days  , prathi caste ki okka association undhi ga and they don't even hide it . Proud to display their caste and bring dirty caste politics back home to here 

• Upvote 1

Many telugu people did in the 80s 90s..

These are not profitable business unless you run two stores two motels at the same time..

Gujjus ki inko option vundadhu..they work in these motels and liquor stores like no other option...  None of their second generation do that business..they become lawyers..doctors..

Goddu chakiri cheyali..

And they start as partners and setup their own ...so chain migration + chain migration..

In 1976 gujjus used to come directly to San Fransisco and they used to stay in a motel run by gujjus.

That motel owner used to train them and send them to other places for business... It is like first gujjus motel business consultancy

10 hours ago, ShruteSastry said:

Any Ideas?

Avi okka pedda labor danda.. only gujjus as whole family can do those as most of them can’t do professional jobs 

2 minutes ago, TechAdvice said:

Avi okka pedda labor danda.. only gujjus as whole family can do those as most of them can’t do professional jobs 

Agree, but don't they drive Maserati's and have Huge lavish homes.

Not sure how they can enjoy all that if they are doing this all day everyday.

16 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

Many telugu people did in the 80s 90s..

These are not profitable business unless you run two stores two motels at the same time..

Gujjus ki inko option vundadhu..they work in these motels and liquor stores like no other option...  None of their second generation do that business..they become lawyers..doctors..

Goddu chakiri cheyali..

And they start as partners and setup their own ...so chain migration + chain migration..

In 1976 gujjus used to come directly to San Fransisco and they used to stay in a motel run by gujjus.

That motel owner used to train them and send them to other places for business... It is like first gujjus motel business consultancy

Wow, really!!